Effects of Alacrity and When to use SCG

Gannar

Hello! Just a couple questions:

1. Does anyone happen to know/have a link to a chart that details the effects of alacrity? (ex. 5% = .1 second reduction, no idea if this is true or not). Just wondering how much I need to knock off a tenth of a second or two.

2. When I PvP, I usually hover at about 30 stacks of SCG, but I find that I don't utilize them as often as I should. I usually pop it when I need to heal someone quickly and just spam Healing Scan. I very rarely use it with Power Shot or Kolto Missile. Do you think it's more useful to just pop it as soon as you hit 30 and throw out a Missile and a couple PS's, or just save it for when you really need the heals or are trying to take someone down and heat's close to full.

Thank you!

2. When I PvP, I usually hover at about 30 stacks of SCG, but I find that I don't utilize them as often as I should. I usually pop it when I need to heal someone quickly and just spam Healing Scan.

Blargh! Don't do this, stop it right now! Bad Merc! *rolls up newspaper and glares menacingly*

You have 3 points in critical efficiency yes? Alternate your heals then, it is infinitely more efficient even with supercharged gas popped. Healing scan, rapid scan, healing scan, rapid scan, healing scan... until it runs out. Also, if you can place a kolto missile on multiple targets, then yes, the effects are pretty awesome, though from what I have seen it doesn't stack with reactive armor, just overrides it. Someone correct me if wrong on that.

Blargh! Don't do this, stop it right now! Bad Merc! *rolls up newspaper and glares menacingly*

You have 3 points in critical efficiency yes? Alternate your heals then, it is infinitely more efficient even with supercharged gas popped. Healing scan, rapid scan, healing scan, rapid scan, healing scan... until it runs out. Also, if you can place a kolto missile on multiple targets, then yes, the effects are pretty awesome, though from what I have seen it doesn't stack with reactive armor, just overrides it. Someone correct me if wrong on that.

Oh. You're right haha, what I do does build up heat rather quickly. Thanks for the tip! I promise I won't do that again :)

Hello! Just a couple questions:

1. Does anyone happen to know/have a link to a chart that details the effects of alacrity? (ex. 5% = .1 second reduction, no idea if this is true or not). Just wondering how much I need to knock off a tenth of a second or two.

2. When I PvP, I usually hover at about 30 stacks of SCG, but I find that I don't utilize them as often as I should. I usually pop it when I need to heal someone quickly and just spam Healing Scan. I very rarely use it with Power Shot or Kolto Missile. Do you think it's more useful to just pop it as soon as you hit 30 and throw out a Missile and a couple PS's, or just save it for when you really need the heals or are trying to take someone down and heat's close to full.

Thank you!

Just take the cast time of the ability, and shave 5% of it off. The game doesn't round though the tooltips do.

10% Alacrity, for instance, shaves a tenth of a second off of every second of cast time. 3 second casts become 2.7, 2 second casts become 1.8, etc.

Heres a a video I made, 17% alacrity.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PVrCJI7dRU&context=C438343aADvjVQa1PpcFOIJcDTeA6UnnpfygSE9APpyq2l79jnLT4=

Why must people say alacrity is bad...

Bioware put power+alacrity in healing sets for a reason....

*rolls up 1,000 newspapers and beats you to death for your stupidity*

Edited by Brad_Pitt