I had my doubts.

TapSumBatt

Hello,

I have been playing WoW for a long time back and forth but since Swtor released I haven't played much of anything (including this one).

Like many others - I imagine - I am waiting for BW to add that little spice so the game start to look less like a Beta version.

Don't get me wrong now, I am not here to whine. The potential of Swtor is obvious, but for a spoiled gamer like myself, the current situation in the game is not enough for me to dedicate more than maybe ~30 minutes/day.

To me this is extremely little since I played WoW hardcore style, especially PvP. However, it is clearly enough to kick the door in and say "Hey WoW, this is just how bad you really are!" and I cant argue with that.

I swung by the WoW forums just to take the temp... And... Hahaha. It's just pathetic looking at how they treat their player base. People have played for years with their sweat and blood only to go full pokémon by the launch of MoP :D Because their current player base doesn't matter of course, they want more!

Greed and the need to satisfy EVERYONE at once is what makes WoW so bad so thank god for this alternative!

That being said, I - Like many others - are still waiting for more substance in the game. Slicker mechanics etc, which will all come given time.

In a year I predict WoW will become one of those old games that only die-hard fans keeps running, kinda like Counter-Strike :> There is simply no way they can feed what I ones found interesting with that game while making it more of a household (read Chinese PG13) name.

+1 Billion internetz for making this game for an adult audience, I can really tell (weird I know).

Swtor will own this one in a year. Just never ever bring Panda's or small children here and im cool like a fool in a swimming pool!

Cya patch 1.2 (I'll be paying to do my part but not gaming so much.)

Edit: Oh yea, now you get a free mount if you bring a friend BACK to WoW. And they promise like free cata, free faction change, free derpa derka for the junkie that goes back... That's awesome because Blizzard has always been greedy and giving away that much stuff is surely a sign of weakness muhaha.

Edit2: Eat this Ghostcrawler for Perma banning me from the WoW forums on NYE! :rolleyes:

Edited by TapSumBatt

I feel ya on the WoW part. Quit or play SWTOR I just can't justify going back besides logging in on skype or vent to say hi to guildies.

I myself have a sub but I don't even feel like logging in anymore. My sub ends at the end of the month and I think this may be it till GW2 for me since I don't feel like shelling out another $30-45 for something I don't really use. Might as well buy a couple pitchers of beer with it :rolleyes:

Edited by Crazysithslayer

Edit: Oh yea, now you get a free mount if you bring a friend BACK to WoW. And they promise like free cata, free faction change, free derpa derka for the junkie that goes back... That's awesome because Blizzard has always been greedy and giving away that much stuff is surely a sign of weakness muhaha.

i just found this section amusing.

what they are offering for 'free' costs them nothing at this point. its all digital software that has paid for itself many times over already.

if they can get any amount of money out of it why not give it away? i would. its not real items, its just some data they have sitting there anyways and a very tiny amount of bandwidth for the download... its basically nothing.

that is one of the main reasons i have always been against micro-transactions. you are purchasing nothing.

you are not purchasing server maintenance or content updates, you are purchasing some data that did not take them very long and they are just milking you out for money.

f2p games that use micro-transactions are a bit more understandable, but even then i would rather pay a monthly fee instead of the piece-meal.

wow is not f2p though, so they are just milking extra money out of you because they can.

i just found this section amusing.

what they are offering for 'free' costs them nothing at this point. its all digital software that has paid for itself many times over already.

if they can get any amount of money out of it why not give it away? i would. its not real items, its just some data they have sitting there anyways and a very tiny amount of bandwidth for the download... its basically nothing.

that is one of the main reasons i have always been against micro-transactions. you are purchasing nothing.

you are not purchasing server maintenance or content updates, you are purchasing some data that did not take them very long and they are just milking you out for money.

f2p games that use micro-transactions are a bit more understandable, but even then i would rather pay a monthly fee instead of the piece-meal.

wow is not f2p though, so they are just milking extra money out of you because they can.

The more you give the more people expect. So in a sense they are losing money they could have milked harder.

Did I fail to mention you get a free lvl 80 char?

Get ready for a religion flaming. Lol.

Actually there aren't many WoW fans here. he's safe.

The best way to get flamed here is to suggest an improvement over SWTOR as it currently is, then you'll get told "WORKING AS INTENDED! MUAHH!" and "GO BACK TO WOW PANDALOVER!"