Healing Companions

DarthSalvatori

Any reason as to why healing companions stop healing if there is no actual fighting going on but you are not out of combat yet?

Example: there are 3 NPCs so I use mind maze, mind trap, sleep dart etc. on them. Kill the other two and wait for energy to regen to start on the third one. During this time my healing companion will not automatically cast heal on themselves or me. This has led to me dying from a DoT that was applied while I was fighting the other two at time if I don't catch it fast enough target myself and force the companion to heal.

Also is there any planning on a mode for healing companions where the don't shoot or attack but they will still heal?

Any reason as to why healing companions stop healing if there is no actual fighting going on but you are not out of combat yet?

Example: there are 3 NPCs so I use mind maze, mind trap, sleep dart etc. on them. Kill the other two and wait for energy to regen to start on the third one. During this time my healing companion will not automatically cast heal on themselves or me. This has led to me dying from a DoT that was applied while I was fighting the other two at time if I don't catch it fast enough target myself and force the companion to heal.

Also is there any planning on a mode for healing companions where the don't shoot or attack but they will still heal?

Do you know you can control them and 'make' them heal if this happens?

Edited by Drewser

2 Bounty Hunters and 1 shadow and have never seen this problem at all.

Try mind trapping one NPC kill another and wait to kill the mind trapped one. It seems to only happen with the abilities that control them from stealth. so only happens on Shadows, Operative, scoundrel and assassin

It's because the companions are in combat mode, and when the only mob left is CC'd their combat AI is suspended including any healing abilities they have until you either attack the mob, force them to attack the mob, or the CC on the mob ends.

Edited by terminova

Try mind trapping one NPC kill another and wait to kill the mind trapped one. It seems to only happen with the abilities that control them from stealth. so only happens on Shadows, Operative, scoundrel and assassin

Um yes thanks I read and understood the op easily and my statement holds true, 2 Bounty hunters and 1 shadow and have never encountered this problem.

Mind you I more then anything trap on my shadow or merc but still no problems as the op is having.

It's true they will stop healing u if an enemy is CCed. They also sometimes just plain stop in the middle of a fight regardless of which abilities you have activated. Maybe it would be better to give them a mana bar or whatever, so you know when they are going to stop healing. Overall, the AI of companions is terrible.

seems like just certain ones... with mako it didn't seem too bad and talos heals like a pro, but does whip out his auto attack a bit more often then I'd like... ship droid is a freaking tard and will just stand around tossing punches until I'm at 1% hp... then his medwatch kicks in...

Um yes thanks I read and understood the op easily and my statement holds true, 2 Bounty hunters and 1 shadow and have never encountered this problem.

Mind you I more then anything trap on my shadow or merc but still no problems as the op is having.

I see how well you understand since you keep bringing up the merc when that is clearly not one of the classes/specs I am talking about. You don't even understand enough to tell that I am the OP and you refer to my statement like I was someone else.

Thing is it only happens with certain abilities. it won't happen with whirlwind, but it will happen with Mind Trap. Both abilities Shadow can use so we are also talking about the same companion. The bug of stop action makes more sense when NPC are trapped by certain abilities. It sounds like the AI needs a little cleaning up.

It is just a little frustrating to sit and think oh I will wait to be healed up before breaking that one out of CC then the CC breaks because it ran out of time and I didn't get a heal.

Edited by DarthSalvatori