The best way to watch the Star Wars Movies

zElmTree

This is an ingenious way to watch the star wars movies that also saves you from watching episode one. Okay heres the order:

Star Wars IV: A New Hope

Star Wars V: Empire Strikes Back

Star Wars II: Attack of the Clones

Star Wars III: Revenge of the Sith

Star Wars VI: Return of the Jedi

This way, the story still revolves around Luke as the main character and makes the final fight between Vader and Luke much more meaningful and awesome. You watch IV and VI first to introduce you to the characters until you get to the ultimate spoiler *SPOILER ALERT* Darth Vader is Luke's father. From there, you take a flashback to Anakin's life and how he turned to the dark side. After you finish with II and III, you move on to the ultimate climax between father and son in VI, which is now much more meaningful. This way you can get a story thats 10x better than the original without changing anything! And as an added bonus, you don't have to deal with the whiny kid from episode I!

This was not my original idea, I just found it and watched the series this way and it worked! So I just wanted to share it with you guys!

Original Site here:http://www.nomachetejuggling.com/2011/11/11/the-star-wars-saga-suggested-viewing-order/

Edited by zElmTree

I never watched any of the movies before playing SWTOR; So I started with the chronological order. It kinda blew my mind when I realized I was watching vader as a small human, who knew!

I read this and my head just exploded!!! I had a girlfriend a few years back that had never seen them either. I made her come over to my apartment and watch them one per night. She liked the Ewoks......:p

this is an ingenious way to watch the star wars movies that also saves you from watching episode one. Okay heres the order:

Star wars iv: A new hope

star wars v: Empire strikes back

star wars ii: Attack of the clones

star wars iii: Revenge of the sith

star wars vi: Return of the jedi

I wanna kiss you through this screen!!! 8D

Edited by Pariedolia

I used the "machete order" (as listed in the OP) to introduce my kids to Star Wars. When the Episode 1 ads came out for the 3d version, they wanted to go see it, but I wasn't going to let Phantom Menace be my kids first real exposure to Star Wars.

I watch CLASSIC Star Wars, no CGI flying in the way so you cant tell what the hell you're looking at....

in my mind the prequels are an unforgivable sin

episodes 1 2 and 3 never happend

theatrical versions of A new hope, empire, return of the jedi

Characters actually have MOTIVATIONS, they look to the horizon with purpose, but the story also springs at an appropriate moment with their emotions intertwined, so when a character reacts to those emotions it couldn't fit together more perfectly.

Prequels = Anikain and Padme "We're in love".....WHY?......."Because the script says we should be." Wow, that seems so forced and awkward....