How do the numbers match up?

Ballantynne

I was in a voidstar that was a close match (the numbers dont tell the whole story) and then after we lose i look at the after action report and see these numbers

Pubs have 50+ kills each

and

Imps have less than 20 deaths each

how do those numbers match up?

i am curious how this works not crying, it was a good match and a pub named Arta'mudita had the class to say so in /say

below is a screen shot of the stats:

http://imageshack.us/f/821/screenshot2012031120134.jpg/

basiclly....it works like this....you and three of your friends are hitting the lone healer, the healer falls and that equals 4 kills to 1 death...since you all helped to kill that poor, poor healer but they only died once.

in other words, you get kill credit when you damage an enemy who dies in a certain amount of time after you damage them. final blow/killing strike/what ever you want to call it only counts for the Quick Draw medal.

You only need to damage someone before they die to get credit for the kill > this is why AoE/DoT-tabbers always have more kills.

Healers also get credit for all kills made by people they've recently healed, so now healers can have more kills than anyone without even doing damage.

All the stats are pointless tbh, except maybe protection.

This is going to hurt, saying this and playing a tank but, all stats are pointless including protection. the only reason for the stats like healing, kills, protection and what not are for assigning medals. Only the first four medals count for anything. Unless the warzone ends early for some reason, four medals are incredibly easy to get. At which point, eveything else becomes fluff for bragging rights that will be soon forgotten after the splash end screen goes away.

Protection stats at the end of a warzone more accurately reflect your usefulness in that particular area than any other IMO. I say that as a DPS spec, although I throw taunts out when I think theyre useful (Im usually getting focused anyway, so not THAT often).

so kills are a pointless stat? why not just show killing blows sine kills are pointless.

You can still see them, if that's what you're interested in.

Just hover over the "Kills" in the menu.

I typically get less kill credit than most other players on my team. I play a stealth op and focus my damage on a single player (not spam dots on everyone or aoe). I could care less about kills, I focus on 2 things and 2 things only, completing objectives or helping players to burn someone down fast. I spend the time looking for healers and then deciding to attack them, if they aren't guarded, or attack the tank that has them on guard first. I focus on the doors/turrets to make sure they aren't capped. I help the huttball carrier score, not run around trying to gank players away from the carrier.

In other words, I play to win, not play to stat.

Edited by Ozzone