Darth Maul's Return

captionkeys

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He never reached the bottom, he went into an air vent well....I mean before yes Maul died but as of Jan 1, 2012 he survived due to an air vent in the book Wrath of Darth Maul. Even though, from what you see in EP 1 there are no air vents. Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Well from what I know, he went to the outer rim and took to living on the planet where he is found in Clone Wars, and has been there for 10 years, his mind breaking down and becoming some psychopathic mad man who's hatred for Kenobi has been his entire focus.

In the movie he was cut in half at the waist, would that not kill him?

It should have...hell the move Sai tok(the one Obi-Wan used on Maul) is a death blow technique. But only one has been known to survive before Maul, and that was dark jedi Maw.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

There may has been more posts about this, but im wondering how Darth Maul survived the fall down that shaft on Naboo. Wouldnt the impact at the bottom of the shaft kill him, or what was at the bottom of it?

Oh, you hadn't heard? Surviving being cut in half, thrown into a nuclear reactor, slamming into the ground at the bottom of a shaft with NO AIR VENTS, and crawling away on your own with no help just through the power of some sort of energy field you have to be concentrating to control is completely normal.

Oh, you hadn't heard? Surviving being cut in half, thrown into a nuclear reactor, slamming into the ground at the bottom of a shaft with NO AIR VENTS, and crawling away on your own with no help just through the power of some sort of energy field you have to be concentrating to control is completely normal.

So is getting three limbs cut off and being burned and left for dead next to a river of molten lava.

So is getting three limbs cut off and being burned and left for dead next to a river of molten lava.

Just like getting your hand cut off and also tossed into a reactor, and conveniently falling square into a garbage disposer?

After Maul is cut in half by Kenobi we have this
. The janitor put him in trash, then they throw him away on planet - junkyard with the rest of junk. Maul was alive all the time but he was in coma. When he wake up he doesn't have ship so he was trapped on that planet from TCW for 10 years and go mad :)

Nope, it's extraordinary. That's why they're all heroes. ;)

In the movie he was cut in half at the waist, would that not kill him?

Real people have survived being cut in half. The key seems to be preventing the massive loss of blood that should happen with an injury of that nature. Given the fact that LS's cauterize wounds there wouldn't be any bleeding.

He never reached the bottom, he went into an air vent well....I mean before yes Maul died but as of Jan 1, 2012 he survived due to an air vent in the book Wrath of Darth Maul. Even though, from what you see in EP 1 there are no air vents.

I studied this up before that episode. Darth maul did survive, but he didn't fight obi-wan until they were both old. Like when luke's training was.

LOL. Real people have survived being cut in half? I dont think so. The shock, the peritonitis, not having an intestinal system, the probable massive kidney damage. The mind boggles. Blood loss would also be a concern as you just lost half of it.

The human body has about 10 pints of blood in it. You can actually lose quite a bit of that, but you'd lose consciousness and enough blood would cut off circulation to your remaining extremities.

The heart also has to have blood in it to function. This seems like a no brainer, but you'll need one heck of a bandaid to keep from bleeding out very quickly.

If I recall correctly from the movie, Maul was cut pretty high up too, he probably had damage to his pancreas too. Assuming that zabraks have a pancreas or the equivalent of a pancreas in the same location. You lose the pancreas, you lose the ability to digest food, which would eventually be problematic.

There is evidence of one guy, in real life, who was cut in half by a train, however, the train itself kept his innards contained, and he (only) had damage to one kidney. The train also apparently kept most of his blood from leaving his body, or it left slowly enough that he could call 911, then called his family, then called Domino's and ordered a pasta bowl for later on that evening. Ok, he didnt actually call Domino's. Domino's sucks, nobody calls Domino's.

Edited by Kelfred

LOL. Real people have survived being cut in half? I dont think so. The shock, the peritonitis, not having an intestinal system, the probable massive kidney damage. The mind boggles. Blood loss would also be a concern as you just lost half of it.

The human body has about 10 pints of blood in it. You can actually lose quite a bit of that, but you'd lose consciousness and enough blood would cut off circulation to your remaining extremities.

The heart also has to have blood in it to function. This seems like a no brainer, but you'll need one heck of a bandaid to keep from bleeding out very quickly.

If I recall correctly from the movie, Maul was cut pretty high up too, he probably had damage to his pancreas too. Assuming that zabraks have a pancreas or the equivalent of a pancreas in the same location. You lose the pancreas, you lose the ability to digest food, which would eventually be problematic.

Well the only thing different from a human and Zabrak is, Zabraks have two hearts, horns, and facial tattoos.

Two hearts, then he's got two big ol pumps, pumping that blood out.

Unless we're saying that the lightsaber instantly cauterized the entirety of the cut.

Nonetheless, you're not gonna make it without kidneys without daily dialysis.

Edited by Kelfred

Unless we're saying that the lightsaber instantly cauterized the entirety of the cut.

Well according to the movie and all lore, that is exactly what happens. The cut is cauterized pretty much instantly.

Nonetheless, you're not gonna make it without kidneys without daily dialysis.

A different race using the Dark Side of the force may very well not even have let alone need kidneys.

I see, so the argument is that force will keep you alive through any trauma you may suffer. You dont need to have your blood filtered and cleaned, because the force will do it for you. Your blood pressure doesnt need to be regulated, because the force will do it for you.

Thats a pretty all inclusive argument there. I guess logic and medical science can just be thrown out the window.

The guy who was cut in half, in real life, still had a functioning kidney. If you think kidneys arent necessary, I'd recommend doing some research.

The only problem at this point then, is that according to 'Darth Plagueis', Maul was designed as a weapon. Just a weapon, no force mastery was taught to him. No secrets of the sith were taught to him. He was taught to fight and thats it.

So a guy who was never taught to use the force for something other than fighting, now has the ability to keep himself alive in the face of a massive traumatic injury, use the force to cleanse his blood and regulate his blood pressure, maintain consciousness and crawl away to fight another day.

Thats seems like a pretty steep learning curve.