Commando healing

HeidiHansen

Hi all.

Question.....I´m trying to build a commando medic. I have seen commandos healing teammates tiwh their weapon, but so far I havent figured out HOW they do it. I have the probes and the kolto bomb but thats it! Does it require a special weapon or skill or WHAT?

It's Hammer Shot, the basic DPS ability you've had since level one. When you target a friendly player, it fires off a small HoT (that green beam). Target an enemy mob, and it's pew pew blaster fire.

Edit: You need to have Combat Support Cell enabled! (You got it at level 14)

See: http://www.torhead.com/ability/dOGchKA/combat-support-cell

Edited by Dayfax

Hi all.

Question.....I´m trying to build a commando medic. I have seen commandos healing teammates tiwh their weapon, but so far I havent figured out HOW they do it. I have the probes and the kolto bomb but thats it! Does it require a special weapon or skill or WHAT?

you really want to bind hammer shot to a key that you can constantly hit, i bound it to e. cuz you push it ALOT. i can't imagine clicking the mouse that many times. but yeah like the other person said, it's hammer shot using the combat support cell. and you target a friendly and it creates a healing stream of sorts, with the proper skill in the tree it stacks up to 30 times and you can use this other skill to make a few things more powerfull, like kolto bomb creates a shield or advanced probe has no cooldown for the short duration... so there is a bit of tactics to it in building up and keeping the 30 charges and using the skill at certain times.

...got it working now. But I only heal for 71 per shot....my probe heals for 1200-1400. So I dont quite understand, why others seem to prefer healing with the weapon....hmmm.....

They're probably building up their supercharged cells.

All about balance. Keeping an eye on who you're healing, building charge, swapping between healing items and, sometimes, getting involved. You don't need to be healing with hammer shot to build your charge, you can target an enemy and you get the same result (combat support cell only). Everything's situational. So don't just assume they're "only" healing when you see the green beam.

Hammer shot heals for exactly your bonus healing, at a rate of 1/3 of your bonus healing per shot and three shots per times you press the button. Each of those three can crit independently, which means a single HS, on average, will be enough to get First Responder buff up.

Keep in mind how it scales....HS is exactly equal to your bonus healing.

Medical Probe, in contrast, has a base heal of ~960 (probably about double your bonus heal, which is the amount of healing it would do even if you had no gear on (with some slight increase from your base 250 Aim and base 100 Cunning). It also adds to that base value 2.72* your bonus healing. That means it starts out stronger than Hammer Shot, and scales faster.

So that explains why it is so weak.

Now, why do people use it?

1) It builds up CSC charges, so you can use SCC.

2) It's free. You should be weaving it into your rotation whenever a bigger heal isn't needed so that your Ammo level stays high.

3) It is instant. We only have 3 instants: Bacta Infusion on a 21s cooldown, Kolto Bomb which is our AoE on a 6s cooldown, and HS. If we have to move, there aren't a lot of options.

4) If you don't need to do anything else, might as well apply the tiny heal cause it doesn't hurt.