The question of the month: Will you keep your subscription up? and why?

Nasq

I know right

After wasting 60 bucks in this game I felt that I had to buy something from blizzard-activision just to spite EA/bioware for trying to make me stay subbed to this mockery of a MMO.

and to know that they spent that much money in voice acting... and they are losing subs like hemophiliacs lose blood when bleeding...

I blew $150. I could sure use that money back now. You know... to pay bills, and buy stuff. Like shovels... and batteries. Oooh. Fun, fun batteries. More fun than TOR, at least.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, I have already cancelled my subscription and am going back to playing EVE Online.

To keep it simple, Bioware, or Mythic or Bioware Mythic.. whatever you want to call them these days have continuously shown that they do not learn from past mistakes.

I truly believe that SWTOR is going to suffer the same fate that Warhammer Online suffered... unless some drastic changes are made.... and patch 1.2 isn't it.

Speaking of patch 1.2... advertising it as the largest free game update to date means absolutely nothing when the patch as a whole shows just how badly you are making the same mistakes that you've been making since 2001 when you were called Mythic Entertainment. The same mistakes that effectively killed DAoC and always kept it from being more popular... the same mistakes that killed Warhammer Online...

When are you guys going to learn that unless you actually listen to your customers - those who provide real and true feedback - you will lose those customers?

If SWTOR turns into another Warhammer Online failure then I highly suggest you lot stick to console type single player game development because your current business model does not work for games that require constant updates and content.

WAR wasnt a failure .-. I still love that game and still play it on a regular basis.

I am also still having tons of fun on SWTOR

Edited by CommanderFrog

I blew $150. I could sure use that money back now. You know... to pay bills, and buy stuff. Like shovels... and batteries. Oooh. Fun, fun batteries. More fun than TOR, at least.

It's really not Bioware's fault that you choose to spend so much money on the collector's edition. And now in order to spite Bioware, you resubbed to WoW? Do you really think it will make Bioware conform to your wishes?

A loyal gamer would at least give the game the benefit of the doubt and wait for 1.2 to see if they will add better content. For someone to quit so easily after 3 months, something tells me that you will quit just as fast in WoW.

What is there to do in WoW that makes it better than SW:TOR? Doesn't it have the same old problems? Is there a new content update after 3 months? Aren't you grinding the same old heroics?

Enjoy your time in WoW.

It's really not Bioware's fault that you choose to spend so much money on the collector's edition. And now in order to spite Bioware, you resubbed to WoW? Do you really think it will make Bioware conform to your wishes?

A loyal gamer would at least give the game the benefit of the doubt and wait for 1.2 to see if they will add better content. For someone to quit so easily after 3 months, something tells me that you will quit just as fast in WoW.

What is there to do in WoW that makes it better than SW:TOR? Doesn't it have the same old problems? Is there a new content update after 3 months? Aren't you grinding the same old heroics?

Enjoy your time in WoW.

And ironically WoW isnt having any content changes at all for basically from 4.3 release to MOP release, so about 8 months.

Conveniently, this topic is virtually the same as the one below it. I'll vainly quote myself:

SW:TOR is made by BioWare and has lightsabres. It is my first MMO for this reason. SW:TOR has my money until a Mass Effect MMO comes out and ruins ME for me where SW:TOR ruined KotOR.

Gee if you can't afford it then stop paying .

And life lesson never comes cheap , you do realise that .

If not then beter invest into tons of batteries .

Now back to topic am not about my sub , cause the game is getting to be work again.

So unless less work more fun , am going to work and earn money again .

Instead of work and pay to work :p

We shall see , cause my fun now comes first , and the rest can go play with batteries ;)

I already capped 50 and finished one of the 16-man raids and got the full tier pvp. I do not like this MMO it's another wow (here's how i exactly think http://i.imgur.com/UmcMV.jpg) and i already bored that kind of game, doesn't give anything new except a story that ends in 1 week with voiceovers. Is a good game to play 1 month, after that not enough subscription.

Expose your opinions

1. Dont rush through content, I dont even have one 50 yet

2. ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLTS

3. Alts

4. See 2/3

5. Have a mentioned alts yet?

6. PVP

Besides, I loved warrior in WoW and I love JK here :p

Edited by CommanderFrog

And ironically WoW isnt having any content changes at all for basically from 4.3 release to MOP release, so about 8 months.

If that's true, then it really doesn't make sense. They cannot stand doing the same old Flashpoints for 3 months, so they go back to the MMO where they are happy to do the same old heroics for 8 months+?

Outdoor enemies in SW:TOR are lifeless. This is a hilarious original criticism of SW:TOR. Yet the same lifeless mobs in WoW dungeons are fine? Or does the acceptability of enemy lifelessness depend on whether they are indoors or outdoors?

Pretty sure WoW has its share of failed PvP zones from Silithus to Halaa to Wintergrasp, but Ilum is the biggest crime in PvP history? You want to go from one failed PvP zone to another?

I have played WoW since 2005, and the only acceptable criticism I see are that certain servers are quite dead and that there are bugs, though haven't encountered any serious ones. I just cannot understand the other criticisms. The same ones exist in WoW as well, yet they are happy to go back.

Edited by ConradLionhart

Whoa, whoa... back up the train, pal, because you're only six inches out of the station, and we've already had a derailment.

Why would I ever waste hundreds of hours of my life playing a product just to spite a competing product? How would the competing product even know I was spiting them? What could possibly prompt me to do that?

I'm playing WoW again because TOR was so horrendously bad that it made me realize what a good game WoW actually is. Now, maybe you enjoy being spoonfed the slurry they call food around here, but I got tired of choking down this crap every day. WoW was a better meal ticket, and I leapt at it.

Uh, no. I played WoW from launch day until mid March of 2011. Now, granted, I might bail on them again pretty quickly if something better comes along, but I've already given WoW almost six years of my life. If I choose to move onto something else, I've done my bit for king and country. Leave granted.

As far as TOR is concerned, my 'brand loyalty' is to Star Wars, not this fantastically bad MMORPG. I'll still love Star Wars and shell out hundreds of dollars for custom-machined sabers, and go to conventions dressed up a like a lunatic. Nothing about that is going to change. However, I have no brand loyalty to Bioware because they didn't friggin' earn it. It's like buying a brand new car, driving it off the lot and then having the engine block fall onto the asphalt. Am I supposed to turn around and be like 'oh, wow, what are the chances! Well, I still love this brand and this car!' No, I'm not.

For 150 million, I was expecting to be blown away. And for the $150 I shelled out, I deserved it. Unfortunately, nothing about this game was worth the money, either paid by the EA shareholders or by me.

Off the top of my head:

1) I only levelled 1 toon to 85 after Cata, so that means that 2/3rds of the vanilla zones (which have been completely rebuilt) are completely fresh content for me.

2) The engine doesn't suck.

3) The PvP experience is fulfilling.

4) Servers aren't generally dead.

5) I'm not trapped on a claustrophobic space station for 99% of my game time.

6) And, of course, THE ALMOST COMPLETE LACK OF LOAD SCREENS.

I am sure I could come up with more, but I don't feel like it.

Enjoy your time in WoW.

Enjoy your time in Spacestationland... er, I mean TOR.

Edited by AJediKnight

If that's true, then it really doesn't make sense. They cannot stand doing the same old Flashpoints for 3 months, so they go back to the MMO where they are happy to do the same old heroics for 8 months+?

Outdoor enemies in SW:TOR are lifeless. This is a hilarious original criticism of SW:TOR. Yet the same lifeless mobs in WoW dungeons are fine? Or does the acceptability of enemy lifelessness depend on whether they are indoors or outdoors?

Pretty sure WoW has its share of failed PvP zones from Silithus to Halaa to Wintergrasp, but Ilum is the biggest crime in PvP history? You want to go from one failed PvP zone to another?

I have played WoW since 2005, and the only acceptable criticism I see are that certain servers are quite dead and that there are bugs, though haven't encountered any serious ones. I just cannot understand the other criticisms. The same ones exist in WoW as well, yet they are happy to go back.

I like you.

I disagree about one part: Halaa was NOT fail, that was one of the funnest thing in BC was constantly fighting over halaa.

1. Dont rush through content, I dont even have one 50 yet

2. ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLTS

3. Alts

4. See 2/3

5. Have a mentioned alts yet?

6. PVP

Besides, I loved warrior in WoW and I love JK here :p

Uh, why exactly should he play an alt, again? 99% of the content from 1-50 is identical regardless of class. Only a fool would want to do it more than once or twice.

Uh, why exactly should he play an alt, again? 99% of the content from 1-50 is identical regardless of class. Only a fool would want to do it more than once or twice.

Class story, of course.

Just do a mix of pvp/class story if you really dont want to do side quests.

You should be rolling each class twice. Once for each AC, and once for light/dark (IE Light guardian, dark sentinel)

Or you could even double that and go: light/dark guardian, light/dark sentinel and go through each one four times

There arent differences between the story for AC, but it will be presented differently.

Edited by CommanderFrog

Cause people are shenigans you know that , the main issue is as long they think they have it beter over there , but they don't want to accept the truth .

Wow is wow and people going to wow , hurrah good riddance of bad emoo....

Just 2 weeks later they are bored , and just paying to moan and troll on general chat .

Ah well says enough , people have too much money , too little self-esteem .

The more rush to wow the beter the Internet will be :p

For all purposes there are 32 classes/stories

4*2=8 (republic/empire)

8*2=16 (LS/DS)

16*2=32 (AC)

There are 8 stories in total. Nothing changes in a story based on your AC. There are 4 stories for the republic, and 4 for the empire. And those stories constitute a grand total of maybe 5% of the game's overall questing tally.

It isn't worth playing a character from 1-50 because you want to experience the other stories. Now, you want to change your playstyle, or perhaps level a toon for PvE/PvP? Sure, that's justification. But story? No sir.

For all purposes there are 32 classes/stories

4*2=8 (republic/empire)

8*2=16 (LS/DS)

16*2=32 (AC)

Although I'm on your side for this whole argument, I've got to say that the stories don't vary enough between the Light Side & Dark Side choices to really make it worth another go because this is an MMO (:(). If you're making another AC, then that's all fine and dandy, but not everyone is going to want to make the same class four times. The *class* story is the only thing that really matters since there's also no change in the story or interactions based on your AC, even though there should be.

Also, I only get 8 characters to make without deleting them after I complete them. That's a real pain in the thing I sit on.

1) I only levelled 1 toon to 85 after Cata, so that means that 2/3rds of the vanilla zones (which have been completely rebuilt) are completely fresh content for me.

Hold your horses. You are fine with leveling 85 levels of static quest text, that has the same old kill x number of things.

But you don't want to level in SW:TOR which will at least entertain you with cutscenes, voiced conversations, some non-linearity, and in 1.2 will benefit your alts with the legacy system?

2) The engine doesn't suck.

This one I have to agree, because I am experiencing some repeats for some of my ability animations, but I trust them to fix the problem.

But it is the same old engine for 6 years. It is old, even if it doesn't suck. No matter how pretty the engine is, it is the same old stuff for 6 years. Grinding for rep, grinding for epics, grinding for valor points, and more grinding.

3) The PvP experience is fulfilling.

How so? Please list a few specifics, because at least in TOR, I get to do something important as a tank.

4) Servers aren't generally dead.

One point for WoW.

5) I'm not trapped on a claustrophobic space station for 99% of my game time.

But you're perfectly fine with jumping around on your mount in Stormwind. Probably even the same AH area. That looks the same for 6 years.

6) And, of course, THE ALMOST COMPLETE LACK OF LOAD SCREENS.

If you stay on the station all day, how can you get loading screens? You get that same loading screen in WoW if you get ported to a dungeon or BG.

Do you also go into a complete fit of rage for single player games that do have loading screens? It's not as bad as you made it out to be.

I am sure I could come up with more, but I don't feel like it.

You might want to bring up the lifeless mobs. That seems to be the rage these days.

Enjoy your time in Spacestationland... er, I mean TOR.

I am almost convinced that we are playing 2 different kinds of game. Played WoW since 2005, so my street creds aren't that bad. SW:TOR is a breath of fresh air.

Thats very superficial statement. To play, test the game no need for such CE pack. Was your own choice dont blame other for your choices.

CE package = Posh or hardcore fan

Those "fools" that you labelled exist in WoW as well. There are people there who roll alts all the time. That's all that they do, roll alts.

Somehow rolling an alt in WoW is acceptable, but rolling an alt in ToR is considered "foolish"?

Edited by ConradLionhart

Hold your horses. You are fine with leveling 85 levels of static quest text, that has the same old kill x number of things.

But you don't want to level in SW:TOR which will at least entertain you with cutscenes, voiced conversations, some non-linearity, and in 1.2 will benefit your alts with the legacy system?

It is only worth leveling in TOR once... potentially twice if you are absolutely desperate to see the other faction's take on things. But beyond that, no, I don't find the C-movie-grade storytelling in this game profound enough to justify dumping 100+ hours into dragging a character through a nearly-identical slog of boring dialogue and dead planets. Next.

But it is the same old engine for 6 years. It is old, even if it doesn't suck. No matter how pretty the engine is, it is the same old stuff for 6 years. Grinding for rep, grinding for epics, grinding for valor points, and more grinding.

How does TOR change that formula? And how does TOR improve upon it? I mean, not only is it the same grind here, it's done badly. At least in WoW I can hop on flying mount and go harrass some people in world PvP, or speed on over to another capital city. In TOR, I'm stuck on the same, tiny spacestation, and -- even worse -- it's the same thing on the opposite faction! And if I want to get away from it? I have to queue through like 5 loading screens and two spaceports/stations to just to load into the glitchy, stuttering world.

How so? Please list a few specifics, because at least in TOR, I get to do something important as a tank.

1) Battles are bigger and don't grind my machine to a halt.

2) Objectives are more interesting (compare Arathi Basin to Alderaan -- I don't want to go into detail, but when you hold 3 nodes in AB, there is generally a weak point in your defense, but this weak point is unpredictable [it can be anywhere]. On Alderaan, because there are only 3 nodes, the weak point is always obvious to both the defense and the offense. This essentially negates the potential for a team with 1 node to outfox their enemy and hit a vulnerable point, because enemy always knows where the attack is going to land in advance).

3) The PvP gear system doesn't change with every patch, and actually rewards effort rather than randomness.

But you're perfectly fine with jumping around on your mount in Stormwind. Probably even the same AH area. That looks the same for 6 years.

See the above about a seamless world.

If you stay on the station all day, how can you get loading screens? You get that same loading screen in WoW if you get ported to a dungeon or BG.

That loading screen takes all of about 3 seconds in WoW. And, what's more, I don't have to see it every time I go somewhere -- only to a location that's instanced.

Do you also go into a complete fit of rage for single player games that do have loading screens? It's not as bad as you made it out to be.

It is as bad as I made it out to be because it precludes movement. To put that succinctly: the loadscreens make travelling painful. As a result, I don't travel. In TOR, an idle 'hey, I think I'll swoop over to STV and cause some trouble' becomes 'hey, I think I'll head to Tat and cause some trouble... oh... gotta load the ship hangar... oh... gotta load the ship interior... oh... gotta go through the star map... oh... gotta load the planet... oh... gotta run through the incredibly large starport... oh... there are only 15 people on the planet, I WONDER WHY?'

You might want to bring up the lifeless mobs. That seems to be the rage these days.

Nothing to do with anything. Now you're going to put words in my mouth because other people are talking about this?

But, if you want to mention it, fine. When was the last time you saw a fox NPC kill a rabbit creep in TOR? Or, when was the last time you saw a bear fishing for salmon in a river, or a wolf attacking a deer? In fact, when was the last time you saw an NPC in TOR do anything?

I am almost convinced that we are playing 2 different kinds of game. Played WoW since 2005, so my street creds aren't that bad. SW:TOR is a breath of fresh air.

Stale air is stale. At least the air in WoW is populated with flying mounts and rain and day/night cycles. In TOR, it's an endless succession of capital ship spawns outside a circular space station.

Edited by AJediKnight

No i won't, basicly i do like the game.

BUT i am defiently not alike the way some lead developers have said they are taking the game " basicly " just a pimped up version of WoW with every feature that comes with it.

+ i really dislike the gameplay just invest the time and you will get rewarded no one will go empty handed.

I really do understand that people do enjoy it and just want some quick enjoyment out of the game but for me it just the complete opposite what i find fun in playing games.

But i probably outgrown todays MMO's just dont find it fun playing games where it feels like a continous effort dumbing down /watering ( in my opinion) down the playabilty exchanging it with instant gratification.

Edited by Varghjerta