Merc Healing, worth the trouble?

Sephrim

Hello all I am currently leveling a merc-healer. I do have a (50 scoundrel/sawbones specc'd healer). I figured it would be great to heal in heavy armor, and you know what? It is! having said that I am level 36 now and am finding it more difficult to keep my group up in q's and heroics. I am not really sure if i should be stacking crit, alacrity,power, or surge.

I try not to compare my smugglers heals with the mercs because I know they are two different types of healers. Truth be told I enjoy healing no matter the class or skills they have.( the more difficult the class is to use the more I like the challenge.) I would like some input on a rotation, skills , gear whatever any of my BH brethren would care to share. I just want to be great at what I am doing and would like the advice on how to get there.

stacking surge without crit is just terrible!

With talents you don't have to go for that much crit.

Self buffed I have 40% crit 76% surge and lots of POWER......btw alacrity is total crap I dont' know why Bioware thinks that is a great stat to put on all the BM/rakata gear. I've had to replace every single item modification that has alacrity on it. It just makes me wonder if they EVER did any actual testing of stat priority before they slaped all the stats on the gear.

Back to the point......crit comes easy only need about 360 or so crit.

Hello all I am currently leveling a merc-healer. I do have a (50 scoundrel/sawbones specc'd healer). I figured it would be great to heal in heavy armor, and you know what? It is! having said that I am level 36 now and am finding it more difficult to keep my group up in q's and heroics. I am not really sure if i should be stacking crit, alacrity,power, or surge.

I try not to compare my smugglers heals with the mercs because I know they are two different types of healers. Truth be told I enjoy healing no matter the class or skills they have.( the more difficult the class is to use the more I like the challenge.) I would like some input on a rotation, skills , gear whatever any of my BH brethren would care to share. I just want to be great at what I am doing and would like the advice on how to get there.

Itemization is not an issue at lvl 36. You basically just use whatever they give you. If you're having problems healing in groups then it's probably a technical issue (most likely poor heat management, probably due to the fact that you don't yet have emergency scan).

At lvl 50, to answer your question, you want to use power, crit, surge and alacrity. Stats typically have varying returns to scale at the margin which eventually go negative (diminishing returns). This means that you don't want to stack one stat too much since the opportunity cost becomes greater and greater. Typically, you use power and crit whenever they give it to you and you find some balance between surge and alacrity.

Also, you will want to find a balance between expertise and aim/endurance (since there's a stat-expertise tradeoff between pvp and pve gear). Without math it's all very speculative, primarily based on experience and trial/error.

Edited by Nonnolol

With talents you don't have to go for that much crit.

Self buffed I have 40% crit 76% surge and lots of POWER......btw alacrity is total crap I dont' know why Bioware thinks that is a great stat to put on all the BM/rakata gear. I've had to replace every single item modification that has alacrity on it. It just makes me wonder if they EVER did any actual testing of stat priority before they slaped all the stats on the gear.

Back to the point......crit comes easy only need about 360 or so crit.

lol you must not read the forums and use calculators that prove alacrity + power is better.

search up RoQu on the forums.

nuff said, remove ur post now please :)