PVP Pyrotech

mbarone

Alright, I wanna hear other Merc pyrotech's thoughts and playstyles in warzones. I am a BM with a decent amount of BM gear. I can do a ton of damage but I am having a lot of trouble getting away from melee classes (marauders and juggs) and sorc's lightning. Does anyone else get chewed through to these classes? How are you guys utilizing the slow from CGC? Are you able to 'kite' decently? I find that I can keep them slowed and all that but I do minimal damage at times due to the direction I am facing, I try to jump and turn but that slows me down. Thanks in advance. I want to hear others thoughts about this spec and how to be more successful in killing or avoiding these classes.

Audi

You might benefit from running sideways and shoot and at the same time. A technique known as strafing.

All in all though your going to be hard pressed trying to peel melee classes off you. Your best bet is going to be to utilize the terrain in your favor.

In Huttball using the catwalks.

In Alderan using the ledges.

In Voidstar using the pillars.

I am not sure this is the right place to post this, at least it is in the vicinity. I too am have a great deal of trouble in WZ when people get close. The 60 sec CD on electro is simply too long to be sustainable. So you can use jet pack to push and Unload to slow but all in all i keep getting dominated because of the cast time of Power shot and players ability to interrupt. I switched to Pyro from arsenal because of this very reason. And yet I find my self in a similar situation.

The Power-tech has the amassing grappling hook and aoe stun for additional control, and they have no cast time on any of their abilities. I feel as if I could switch, i would, because of the very limited amount of CC related to the Merch side. I know that max range is the ideal situation but as we all know you cant get that most of the time.

Merch-Pyrospec: 3-7-31 (full champion, with rakata implants)

I know that rotation is based on situational circumstances but in general it goes like this:

IM > TD > PSx2 > Unload or FM depending on target health (Rail-shot is fired when ever possible)

Somewhere in this rotation they are on me like flies to ****,and i seem to be dominated from the interrupts and the plentiful stuns (that seems to be never ending). i can push them back but because the initial burst is over the DOT´s seem to take too long to get them down, and usually by that time they have help. I try to kite/run around corners using the terrain as most as possible(depending on your target), while still keeping DOTS going.

I clearly must be doing something wrong, help me out here lads, what can be improved ?

Also i would like to hear from people that play Power-tech pyro in comparison with their added CC abilities and defence, are you having similar problems with CC or is range your main problem?

I know the post is pretty broad but please post if you can. Also a link to similar or helpful threads are appreciated.

Thank you

Edited by Kasherto

With melee on you, you should not be stopping to PS. Furthermore, PS is filler only for when other abilities on CD and when incendiary is up. Don't forget you can use missile blast on the move. It's very expensive but better than trying to stop and cast power shot while be trained.

Don't underestimate the damage and utility of rapid shots with CGC and snare. Keep it up, at all times. You have to spam it because you gain a lot of heat when pyro.

Pyro still seems lacking but is very good 1v1 and a good Marauder is the only class that can be extremely challenging. Of course, any class when played by a good player will be tough.

Playing as pyro, being interrupted isn't really an issue. If they interrupt a filler PS, then no biggie. Pyro is 80% instant casts, kiting, and strafing. Of course, use RS on CD.

There's a good sticky about all this, btw...

Edit: A good Jugg is a nightmare as well. Also fixed typos.

Edited by crrypto

Thanks for the replies. Yes I do strafe and use rapid shot. I just wanted to get a feelers to see if others are dealing with the same issues. In regards to Kasherto's post. Like others stated stop using as much PS, this spec is best when on the move. TBH, I rarely stop moving, only to cast unload and the occasional PS or if I know i'm safe and there is a big group i'll DFA but right as I am done I am on the move again. LOS is your friend with this spec.

dont forget to use fusion missile when you have 2-3 targets standing near eachother.

it does about 1,2-1,5k(2k crit) on all 3 targets and has a nice dot on all of them as well.dot does about 400 elem dmg per tick for 6 sec.

on a single target its not that good to use since it requires a lot of heat.

my damage went up when i started using unload as soon as it's up. this is cause of the rail procs. and like others have stated, use power shot only when everything else is on cooldown and you're just sitting there with no one on you.

also, rapid shots does a decent amount of damage, and add to that the damage from the CGC dot and it's a really nice (and heat free) filler.