Looking for a new server - suggestions?

solo-nite

Hiya all,

When early access arrived for SWTOR I created a jedi guardian on Progenitor (EU) as there wasn't many RP servers up and running. The population was good and bioware opened up new servers because of the queue times.

Couple of months in and the server is like a ghost town, well for me anyhow cause I work evenings and don't get time to play the game til 10pm (GMT) and of course prime time is about 7pm. When the game was first out it was still active past 2am but now months in the place is empty.

So I created a character on Jung-ma (east coast) and the population is amazing but as I was levelling I realised I properly never have a chance to do any operations as they would generally start at 2am (GMT) which would be too late to start an operation (midnight would be fine for start but not as late as 2am).

So basically I am either looking for another busy EU server where it's still busy at night or a US server where operations would start about 7pm (EST).

Hopefully we will see character transfers soon in future so I can move my jedi guardian (or I could re-create as he was only level 46).

Edited by solo-nite

My best advice to this, and it will require you make what many call a throw away toon, is create a toon on a server of interest and run around during your normal play times to gauge the server.

Since it is when you are playing you get to see what numbers might be like there. Then once you find a good fit, either wait til transfers, or level up a character there.

Should you find yourself on the server Tarro Blood let me know. I might be able to help you with somethings on the Imp side. :D

Thanks for the advice folks, good idea on the create a character to see which servers are busy etc.

I was mainly looking for an RP server but then again I do like pvping :p

Ballistic Droid does sound interesting with the idea of late night guilds.

It's a shame there isn't any server forums to ask how many republic guilds that are late nighters or the other alternative is a US server.