SynthWeave vs Artifice for a Sith Juggernaut

DJMayhem

Kinda like the title says...

Im trying to figure out which profession would better suit a Sith Juggernaut, not just at leveling but (in anyone's opinion) which is also the most profitable and which might be better at higher levels.

Any thoughts or opinions would be great. (especially from higher leveled guys!)

With synthweaving you can craft all of your armor. With Artifice, you can craft all of the mods (to upgrade all armor, lightsabers, weapons), plus crystals, shields and focii. It jsut depends onw which items you want to wait to drop from quests and/or buy, and which you don't. I prefer Artifice for my Guardian.

I went with artifice on my Inquisitor. I'm also leveling an agent with cybertech. Both skills together enable me to make all of the mods/enhancements/armor/crystals for all customizable gear (except for gun barrels). Edited by Vraesh

With synthweaving you can craft all of your armor. With Artifice, you can craft all of the mods (to upgrade all armor, lightsabers, weapons), plus crystals, shields and focii. It jsut depends onw which items you want to wait to drop from quests and/or buy, and which you don't. I prefer Artifice for my Guardian.

All the mods? I can only craft enhancements, hilts, cristals, and focus/shields/generators. WHere do you get the recipes for armoring and mods? I'm, 220 btw.

Ended up choosing Artificer/Scavanger/Treasure Hunter, we'll see how it plays out.

Well, at least in my server there is no crafter economy yet, if you want mats, you have to get them yourself, which cost money, because most of the nodes are bugged and not properly working. So, with that combo,you are going to have a hard time.

This is incorrect, you can not craft all mods. You can craft the mods for lightsabers, and a general endurance mod. Cyber gets the armor mod crafting. If you are interested in crafting your own stuff I would go with that instead. Once you get an orange modable piece you will want to upgrade the actual mod. Not saying synth is bad, but it's not quite as good in my opinion as cybertech.

Cybertech can craft the following

Earpieces

Droid parts

Ship Parts (love my armor that gives me more health, and makes my guns hit harder, oh and missile increase of freaking pwnage)

armor mods for every class

I even like the grenades

There is more, but you get my point. Once I got my orange pieces with my jedi I haven't seen a single reason to use synthweaving. I like it, so I keep it around. My trooper went with it for the grenades, and so far it's working amazing. I keep his armor better than the blues I can get for commendations. Every few levels create 10 of the new armor mod, reverse engineer as needed, create the blue, reverse engineer, create the purple and I'm set. Similar to how my smuggler/gunslinger doesn't actually make any guns. Instead I do that with him making barrels.

synthweaving you can make purples, which is better than oranges

but you're only limited to armor, and artifice you can customize lightsaber too

I've compared the purples I've seen in the 20 range, and if they are an indication then no they aren't. You just put a purple mod on your orange and it's set. What makes the difference is that most of their gear has to be replaced every few levels. Mine doesn't.

It's just my opinion of course.

Synthweaving for Jug, Artifice for Marauder.

Synthweaving is just a great skill if you are going to be a tank. If you're a tank and you take this skill seriously... you will be rolling in some high end gear that will turn you into a defensive powerhouse. Its a matter of sticking too it and getting the recipes you need though. If you aren't going to go all out on crafting the real question is. "Which kind of crafting will I want to have when I make my next character?"

In that case. Synthweaving is only useful if its another sith. Artifice is most useful to another sith but semi-useful for everything else. And cybertech is great for most every class. Biotech is probbably the one most useful to everyone regardless of class.

Edited by AndiusTheGreat