Is SWG a factor for the Dev Team?

mattgyver

From the very first day of early beta till now SWTOR to me feels just like the NGE Mustafar expansion for SWG. So I would have to say yes, SWG influenced SWTOR. It might just be me though. Although I didn't much care for the dumbed down NGE I really liked the game played on Mustafar. If SWG had a solid story line (trials of Obiwan) like that from the begining with the sand box and JTL like it was for end game it would have been a win. Little known fact. After cu2 while we were playing with a CRP and asked why they were dumbing SWG down. He told us they were thinking about making it cross platform so they could get it on a console for X-mass of that year. It never happened. Edited by Malefik

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's like Mustafar because of the way they use this engine. The worlds are instanced and the terrain forces the users to take specific paths. The original worlds in SWG were sandbox which allowed player cities etc. There's nothing really stopping them from doing both.

I find myself wondering:

What is the atttude toward SWG at Bioware?

- Do they view it as a viable source of ideas for SWTOR?

OR

- Is there is an attitude of disdain for the late Star Wars sandbox and its fans?

Does anyone have any actual information about this? Opinions are good too but I really want to know if anyone has heard anything from those guys on this topic.

EDIT: If you came here just to bash SWG and the fact I started a thrad on it in the SWTOR forums, can you just start your own thread please.

1st off i have to say my first thought was not another SWG thread lol but i also have to say i don't think they looked at anything in SWG and said yes we want that in are game.

now i can only hope that they look at all the SW games and glance at the Best Star Wars game ever made what is X-wings vs Tie Fighters (NOT SWG) and then they say YES! we want that space combat in SWTOR lets do it.... and then after that they would see a game of KOTOR 1 and 2 and say Awesome! lets put SWOOP Racing in that game

so basically my point is i Hope they look at all the Star Wars Games for ideas