Question about the trial

Ushev

So I gave my friend one of the 7-day trials I had and he's having a hard time figuring out where to download it. He was asking if he needed to use Origin or not, I didn't use Origin, I had the DVDs, but not sure about the trial. Can anyone help me out?

Hello Ushev,

Instructions on how to redeem and download the game client for those that are participating in the Friends Trial can be found in our Friends Trial FAQ

What steps do my friends have to take in order to redeem the seven (7) day free trial?

When your friend receives their email invitation for a seven 7-day free trial, they will be prompted to create an account on http://www.StarWarsTheOldRepublic.com. An account verification email will be sent to the email address they provided and they will be directed to create a password. After this, your friend will be placed on their My Account page and asked to enter their contact information and between three (3) and five (5) secret security questions.

Once the account creation process is complete, they will see a “Download the Game” button and “Start Trial Now” button highlighted. Your friend must click the “Download the Game” button to begin the game installation and download process. Once the installation and downloading process is complete, they must click the “Start Trial Now” button to get into the Game and begin their personal Star Wars™ saga.