Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Queue growing and growing and growing...

RuiMilk

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I work with servers for a living, an administrator for a company that handles information for various insurance companies. the amount of time its taking them to fix this issue is not acceptable. if it took us this long to fix delays and slow downs on our company they would have trashed the entire network engineer department and gotten people who could do the job.

Liar.

I hate when people say "this must be your first MMORPG launch" Well, for starters I've been in more than a few MMORPG launches and this one is the only one I've ever had these outrageous queue times for.... EVER! That being said, when I do get in (1+ hours later) the game is experiencing a really smooth launch and is relatively bug free! I've said this once and I'll say it again, GREAT GAME BIOWARE!!! :D Just please please please do something about these queue times, waiting 1+ hours to log into my server is a bit much....

Oh, and also, to those of you who say "reroll on a different server" Yeah, like any of my names will be available anymore and I really don't wanna replay through stuff and try and get the good armor I've gotten already. And who was I to know that when I choose my server (which was Low during a peak time when I choose it) would end up being over an hour wait...

They should just be raising server cap, they should have anticipated it in the overnight maintenance

Just remember that it's not like they just have to plug more servers and go away, putting servers online and increasing them without shutting them down is like changing a bulb with the light still on :D

I hate when people say "this must be your first MMORPG launch" Well, for starters I've been in more than a few MMORPG launches and this one is the only one I've ever had these outrageous queue times for.... EVER! That being said, when I do get in (1+ hours later) the game is experiencing a really smooth launch and is relatively bug free! I've said this once and I'll say it again, GREAT GAME BIOWARE!!! :D Just please please please do something about these queue times, waiting 1+ hours to log into my server is a bit much....

Oh, and also, to those of you who say "reroll on a different server" Yeah, like any of my names will be available anymore and I really don't wanna replay through stuff and try and get the good armor I've gotten already. And who was I to know that when I choose my server (which was Low during a peak time when I choose it) would end up being over an hour wait...

So be more creative in your name development process "homie". And I've had a 26 hr queue before in wow so your argument is invalid.

Are the queue times frustrating? Absolutely. Will I survive? Absolutely.

As much as I'd rather be in game playing, I think it's a good sign for the game itself that there are this many people trying to get in the game. The past 2 months I started to worry about this game, but I think Bioware hit a home run here.

I am on the queue using our company's multi monitor so every time someone passes they go "you are playing that new MMO?" and they see the queue time and I just tell them "and its not even launched yet" around 60 people already saw the queue. not a good messege being sent.

Greetings.

My question is, Legions of Lettow is completely jammed. At the moment the usual is to wait 40~80 minutes to enter, it's unacceptable.

Is BW going to do some kind of improvements on this server (and other crowded servers)?

Because I don't feel like leaving PC on 1 hour before I ever think to play.

Kind regards

You think that's bad? I have characters across SIX different servers and all SIX of them are 60+ minute waits...

Not impressed.

This thread delivers for sure, but seriously, its early in the launch and there are expected to be issues and queues, but the fact that you get in then when you get disconnected you start from the back of the queue, THAT is the major issue right there.

Wow had queues and that is exactly what didnt happen, when you got in you stayed in. I understand that fixing that will certainly see larger populations on the server each day and put a lot more strain on the infrastructure, like everyone ************ on here , im a computer expert too :p.

The fact is that people on here have a real concern and a real issue that needs to be addressed at minimum with a response at least that is sensible and not just a classic service desk answer at level 1 - rolling a new toon on a new server with less population - REALLY? Whats next reboot the pc to fix the issue?

To me thats the biggest problem here, in this day and age real answers for real problems are needed, Bioware we understand that launches are never smooth but lets face it we arent even on launch day yet, AND we did just have what about 1 month of important stress testing behind us???

Lets really hope that they havent hit some issue with load on servers already as frankly it will only get worse over the next few weeks not better as we havent hit peak numbers of people in game yet.

So Bioware, an intelligent response understanding people's complaints here with actual answers and solutions would calm down 90% of the server population on here.

You guys did a great thing allowing everyone in early, allowing everyone to do beta testing and experience the game before launch, dont blow it now and become a laughing stock cause lets face it people rightly so dont have patience to wait a month for a fix here, its approaching the holidays so lets get some real answers please.

Are the queue times frustrating? Absolutely. Will I survive? Absolutely.

As much as I'd rather be in game playing, I think it's a good sign for the game itself that there are this many people trying to get in the game. The past 2 months I started to worry about this game, but I think Bioware hit a home run here.

The game is GREAT....obviously...

The customer service is herp de derp....