Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Queue growing and growing and growing...

RuiMilk

QFT.

This is day 3 of EGA, launch is going to be madness. In WoW I NEVER saw a que until the Silithus Gate event and its a launch day server

Whoa whoa whoa. Did you play WoW when it was first released? Because I did and all the servers had queues. In fact, I remember the queues were so bad that Blizzard actually offered a couple to a few days of free play time added to everyone's account. Anyone remember that? Ahhh memories...:rolleyes:

Maybe Bioware could do the same? That'd take the pain out a little bit...:cool:

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

to those saying get used to it, just go get in line and go read a book.....sorry but NO ONE pays money to play the game they want to play when the developer decides to get around to letting them on to play. Heck some people, not me, don't have enough game time to be able to play at all if they have to wait 40+ minutes just to get in game. And no starting over on another server isn't the answer either you want to develop your character you created not create another because you can't play the one you want to be playing on.

I would hope things are addressed soon, but IF i have to wait more then even a few minutes much after release day i can't be bothered to pay money to NOT be able to play at my convenience. yes sometimes things happen and your going to have to wait in line due to some system malfunction but if its the norm? yeah sorry they'll be losing alot of customers. But i expect, and hope, that this will in fact NOT be an issue either at or a little after launch.

alright i know every one isn't happy about the que... but BW is doing the right thing this is only a peak it will gradually decline, its called "product life cycle".

And be grateful there's Early access and they just didn't make everyone wait until the 20th like most games do.

Honestly, no excuse BW..... You knew what you were dealing with and it is only going to get 10x worse. Right now, the damage has been done unless you increase the server limits because if you hope on fixing with "free server transfers" you are going to end up with a far worse problem. Yes, yes, yes, I know there has been worse MMO launches in the past que wise, but you KNEW what to expect and you still are fail boating HARD. GG BW, you have made a problem that will echo throughout this games lifetime.

Let the QQ commence

They should just offer server transfers in the next few weeks or so

If in by then your server is still jammed, you and your guild can make that decision to transfer.

it would be nice if they had set it up to have easy automatic server transfer selections... if they really have to do this multiple server thing... I still don't get why they didn't do a single server farm handling everyone and use a lot of instancing... maybe 2 one for PvP and one for PvE/RP

Honestly, no excuse BW..... You knew what you were dealing with and it is only going to get 10x worse. Right now, the damage has been done unless you increase the server limits because if you hope on fixing with "free server transfers" you are going to end up with a far worse problem. Yes, yes, yes, I know there has been worse MMO launches in the past que wise, but you KNEW what to expect and you still are fail boating HARD. GG BW, you have made a problem that will echo throughout this games lifetime.

Let the QQ commence

Realistically, this isn't the case. As annoying as waiting is, once they sort their stuff out it wont be an issue, and people will forget about. Just like they forgot about it in WoW, and in every other MMO that's had queueing issues.

Realistically, this isn't the case. As annoying as waiting is, once they sort their stuff out it wont be an issue, and people will forget about. Just like they forgot about it in WoW, and in every other MMO that's had queueing issues.

Exactly!! This is all normal for a major MMO, especially one of this caliber. Actually, if memory serves me correct, this is the largest MMO in history about to launch..

And there's going to be queues!?!?!!? :p:D

In all honesty though, there will be queues. The thing that Bioware has to do is lessen the sting. Some MMOs have handled their launches horribly, some have launched them beautifully. All of them had queues in the beginning. :cool:

It is not the waiting that gets people mad, but the fact that they knew this was coming, and still could not handle it, and with the few days left of EA.... This is going to get worse and fast, it will be like this ALL this weekend, I feel a repeat of beta test weekend

This would not be a fun time to work for customer support right now....:D

you are implying they HAVE customer support. Dare i ask where is the support response to a thread this big? I would say they dont even have a customer support team at this point or if they do every single one of them needs to lose their job