Queue growing and growing and growing...

RuiMilk

My guild was assigned to The Swiftsure. I'd like to play with them. I would have no problem switching to a low pop server if I didn't have my character there with my friends. I have every right to be frustrated by this; I do not ask anyone to console me band with me an uprising, but again, I do have my opinions on this and I have every right to have those opinions. This is not your place to GUESS what my thoughts on anything are, so don't speak for me.

He was right but

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HAHAHAH...........we pre-order and why did we? so we can play 5 day early access so please don't give me this **** about them let more people in than usual. STOP FKIN KISSin ASSS!

Still waiting to get in and its only been 3 hours and 500th in queue.

120 in que, ujelly? umad?

Dear Bioware,

I really like your game, but I am sorry to have to tell you, I am not willing to pay you any amount of money, regardless of how trivial, to sit in a queue waiting to play. My family considers my time invaluable. My employer is willing to pay me a very good salary to do my job. I consider my time to be important--I only have so much of it. You, Bioware, seem to think I am so enamored with your game that regardless of how long you make me sit around watching a queue line decrease, I will keep playing. I am afraid I am not one of those people. I realize there are a lot of people out there willing to pay you money to sit around for an hour and a half, but I am not one of them.

I have really enjoyed the game, so it is with a heavy heart I tell you... I will seek my enjoyment and entertainment elsewhere. When you finally get your act together and figure out how to balance server loads, please let me know. i would be more than happy to throw money at you to play. In the meantime, I am sure there are plenty of people with plenty of time on their hands who believe sitting around for 1.5 hours waiting to play a game is completely acceptable. It warms my heart that there are so many people with nothing else better to do than sit around waiting on a game. These people will keep this game in business while I do other, much more important things with my life.

yeah, dont count on them actually reading this..they probably dont even 1/10th of complaints on here

They are adding more resources over the next week or so to allow more users on the servers. Have patients. It does suck but you're logging in at peak hours which doesn't help. And remember, this is early access, not launch. People screamed loud and they allowed more than they were planning to stagger in. That's the double edge sword of complaining. Ask and you shall receive.

Define peak hours: http://imgur.com/InmU4 (The Swiftsure, where my guild was deployed.)

Would be nice if the queue estimates were even correct, my server said only an hour and 30 minutes but I've been in que well over that now.

Agreed, and yea as others have said, why exactly did we pre-order the game for early access again? Because I have to tell you that if I was told that I would be stuck in a queue trying to enjoy that early access for 3-4 hours I would have laughed and walked away thinking that's absurd and just not possible

Worst part is, the PR people will spin the "massive queue times" as a "unprecedented and unforeseen success" of the "SWTOR product" and wave it around in the press as if its something to be proud of.

LOOK AT US WE HAVE SO MANY PEOPLE THAT WANT TO PLAY OUR GAME THEY HAVE TO WAIT HOURS WE ARE SO AWESOME!

this isnt even launch yet, just nuts..i dont really want to create characters on multiple servesr (even though i have 2 servers now). Is that what they want us to do? or are they going to get a grip and say maybe we should increase every server size no matter what

I understand, but I'm just saying let BW iron out things first. this is the first week and it was never expected to be perfect. If you think its as easy as putting up a bunch of servers and listing them then you are wrong. A few others MMOs have done this and then merged the low population realms together and kept decreasing servers until it was resolved. BW doesn't want to approach it in that way. I work full time and I'm also going to school. I just got home from a 10 hour shift and the first thing I wanted to do was play SWTOR and now I have to wait 2 hours to do that. But I have an understanding for what they are going through, and I'm not going to complain. If I wanted to play right now I could but it just wouldn't be on the server of my choosing.

I'm not complaining about the queue's, they suck, but that is the price you pay for MMO launches and I completely "understand". Swiftsure has it worse than most, I don't think I could handle the queue if it was my toon on that server, but I digress.

What is unacceptable, and what I am complaining about is the lack of response, I'd just like a rational, "here's what where doing to help fix the problem" response. Or even a "Hey it is what it is, get over it and move to another server" response would be better than no response at all.

Leaving everyone in the dark is just stupid, I work in IT and I know how frustrating it can be to have a bunch of users wondering when something is coming back online, but one thing we don't do is ignore them. We give them a notice of the current status, and what we're doing to fix the problem, and when we think it will be fixed.

I don't get the silence, it only hurts them more, unless their answer is so horrible they'd rather have us guessing...

No idea why people are complaining about queues. First we all asked Bioware to let us in and that we didnt care about queues. Second they're not really that big of a deal... queue up and go take a shower or something. Once you're in you're golden unless your internet sucks in which case it really isnt Bioware's fault. This is the way launch is supposed to go people and it sure beats sitting here without even being able to log in. Atleast you have an ETA. Edited by Aescseco

sadly I had early access over 2 days ago. yet I only played the first night. the other nights ques have been so long that in the 2 hours after work I actually have to play I finally make it past the ques and can finally log in about 10 minutes before I need to go to bed..

Honestly I really enjoy the game from what I have played but its already pushing me away from playing after only having 2 days of access I have only actually been able to play for maybe 2-3 hours total..

Hope this gets fixed soon or I will end up waiting until it does get fixed to even redeem my code because in its current state it is not possible for me to play.

its not even like you can just switch server either.. it took over an hour for me to even see the server list tonight

Edited by Oogresh

Worst part is, the PR people will spin the "massive queue times" as a "unprecedented and unforeseen success" of the "SWTOR product" and wave it around in the press as if its something to be proud of.

LOOK AT US WE HAVE SO MANY PEOPLE THAT WANT TO PLAY OUR GAME THEY HAVE TO WAIT HOURS WE ARE SO AWESOME!

Yea, trying to squeeze a fat chick into a tight little dress isn't a success just because you can get her into it. Ah well I guess we just wait for the seams to go at this point

To every idiot throwing around the word "unacceptable" please uninstall, and never come back.

Im on swiftsure, 1800+ que, that's 2 hours+.. Its needed with the amount of players wanting to run around the first 2 worlds alone, Server crashes and roll-backs would be happening every hour or so.

This launch has been smooth and the game is awesome to play. Stop being children.

lol, it's going to be a lot more than 2+ hours, you will be lucky to be playing in 4 hours. and no it is not needed, if you paid any attention during weekend beta to the numbers of players that it's possible to place in one zone you would realise they can make many instances of each starting world and hold thousands more people on each server than they are now.

i understand why they are doing it, and it's not for server stability, it's because they don't want lots of people flocking to the same few servers while leaving others underpopulated, and we are the ones paying the price.

just hope you don't DC between now and when your place in the queue comes up (or that it's bugged which is what happened to me) or for that matter when you finally log in, because it will be back to 1800+ in the queue. they didn't even bother to give a few minutes leeway for people crashing/DCing, so stop sticking up for them and saying it's "necessary".

Edited by perato

i really hope this server waiting is taken care of i love the old republic , ive waited 5 years but under no circumstances will i pay 15 a month to sit in line for someone, i work to hard for 15 dollers. what really sucks is i choose to not do a bunch of stuff this friday night to play this game and now its gone because of my 2 hour+ wait

No idea why people are complaining about queues. First we are asked Bioware to let us in and that we didnt care about queues. Second they're not really that big of a deal... queue up and go take a shower or something. Once you're in you're golden unless your internet sucks in which case it really isnt Bioware's fault. This is the way launch is supposed to go people and it sure beats sitting here without even being able to log in. Atleast you have an ETA.

as far as i know, ive never taken a 2 hour shower.

I can't believe some people think that not wanting to wait 3+ hours is reasonable??? Man, I wish I had no job/responsibilities/friends/family/life where just waiting around for 3 hours to play a game is reasonable.

Oh and as for the people saying "just go on another server"...uh, some of us have already made a character, AND been playing with their guild on said server. You know, the guild that they let us set up MONTHS ago, where maybe well before launched you talked with the people anyways and wanted to play with them. Seriously people, this is INEXCUSABLE.