help with colored armor

daredevil-

i have a lvl 31 BH and been playing quite a bit. i learned alot from these forums and i keep coming across the conversations about orange, blue and green armor. i vaguely recall the name of certain armor i run across being in different colors. sounds like i need to pay attention to this more. can anyone break down the quality of armors by color and the significance of these please. thank you

Orange - has slots that have modifications which give the armor its stats. Modifications can be replaced to change stats so you don't need to replace whole item if you want to upgrade it.

Green - Most common type of item with stats besides just armor value.

Blue - blue item of same level as green has more/better stats.

Purple - purple item of same level as blue has more/better stats. In some cases it might be partially modifiable like orange item.

Most of the gear in the game has a minimum level requirement, but also a maximum useful level - you have to be at least at the minimum level to equip the gear, but if you are a certain level over that minimum (usually 5-10 levels above, depending on your current level), then the equipment is of no direct use to you, as you have effectively outgrown it, although it will still give you whatever stat bonuses are associated with the gea.

White - terrible.

Green - ok for leveling, but nothing special.

Blue - Good for leveling, the bare minimum for organised PvP groups.

Purple - Best of the "non-customisable" armours. Preferred for just about every situation you will come across.

The one that is missing is the Orange gear (weapons or armour) - the orange stuff is basically a shell that you insert modules and enhancements into, and the level/effectiveness/stats of the gear come from the modules and enhancements, not the underlying item.

The purpose of Orange gear is to give you the opportunity to define a look for your character and maintain that look throughout the game by swapping out mods and enhancements for more powerful versions as you level, so that the gear stays useful for you.