Should I favor crit/surge or power for PVP ?

Pathlight-

early on Sents are hard to pvp w/ go watchman though i just switched from combat to watchman myself and their was a huge jump in my pvp ablities. once ya get overload sabers and start timing it right w/ carterize you'll have 4 dot's going on the guy and they burn down quick. if your looking for more bursty pvp i hear focus is good for that.

When you are levelling it's hard to get to decent levels of anything. Add in the stat bolster effect in warzones and generally the best thing is to just wear the highest item level stuff you can. I.E. Keep your gear as close to your own level as possible, and choose a balance of stats. Don't "stack" anything to excess

Just to prepare you for inevitable, Sentinel in lower levels is mostly Medal machine for the opposing team.

Whether you should favor power or crit, depends on your spec.

Consider that Focus has some talents which grant you crit anyway, while Watchman favors crits because of healing.

For leveling, just get the highest gear available and don't worry about details.

Edited by Yogurta

I have a lvl 18 sentinel that I'm planning to do a lot of pvp with. My goal being to burn down people as hard and fast as possible, which one do I need to favor ? If both, in what proportions ?

Pre-50:

1. Stack Str. Get some Acc.

2. That is all.

Post-50:

1. Get +10% Acc.

2. Get ~300 Crit Rating and ~300 Surge Rating.

3. Stack Power and Str.

Pre-50:

1. Stack Str. Get some Acc.

2. That is all.

Post-50:

1. Get +10% Acc.

2. Get ~300 Crit Rating and ~300 Surge Rating.

3. Stack Power and Str.

and how exactly do you know the DRs with crit/surge are outweighed by power/str stacking, and how do you know that accuracy is less important when BW has said it is undervalued? :)

I'd imagine that for all three Sentinel specs, crit is not very important. I am not that experienced but i personally would go for surge or maybe power. Focus and Combat both have powerful autocritting abilities, and Zen for watchman gives autocrits, as well as Watchman dots having 15% more baseline crit.

and how exactly do you know the DRs with crit/surge are outweighed by power/str stacking,

Because I can read a formula and use a spreadsheet.

and how do you know that accuracy is less important when BW has said it is undervalued?

For the same reason. And the miscellaneous facet you are referencing solves itself due to itemization unless you are really really really really lucky.