Pyro Powertech Burst [PVP - Video]

exphryl

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whats your usual skill rotation?

Flame Burst > Rail Shot > Rocket Punch. If No Rail Shot Reset I'll go back to Flame burst.

I tend to use IM if I have 0 heat or Thermal. O is available, or if I am struggling to get in range of a player. Otherwise it's just to heat costly to add in to a PvP Rotation.

what would flame burst be on a vanguard? ><

Ion Pulse

His rotation is Ion Pulse -> High Impact Bolt -> Stockstrike

But people keep in mind that he is "War Hero". So of course he's gonna do more damage going against lesser geared people.

Ion Pulse

His rotation is Ion Pulse -> High Impact Bolt -> Stockstrike

But people keep in mind that he is "War Hero". So of course he's gonna do more damage going against lesser geared people.

Yes and No. Similar results can be achieved with just Champion Gear (Which lets face it, is basically given out nowadays, BM isn't that big of an upgrade anways. Similar to Rakata being minimal upgrade to Columi).

Not to mention almost all the enhancements I use are from IA Champion gear.

It's actually quite easy to be low valor and get similar results. It just requires some thinking on how you want to set up your gear. (I find a lot of people I run in to still use the basic gear mods which is a huge hindrance to damage potential. More of an education thing that is as I'm sure a large portion of the community just plays for fun and not to min/max)

The only benefit the actual "BM" gear gives you is you get an offhand and mainhand with a lot of power. Compared to being Crit heavy on the Champinon Version.

Max Single Target burst is with a TD Build, hands down (which I'm starting to compile video of now actually). Explosive Dart can crit pretty nicely if you are using a 27 Build. (I think 3k? is around my highest for it). But when you compare it to a 5k+ Thermal Detonator its easy to see which trumps it.

PS: And lets face it, while I don't think there was any in the video. Who won't get excited at seeing a Sage/Sorc under 12K HP. It's hilarious how they just burst in to nothing when being attacked .

Edited by exphryl

It's actually quite easy to be low valor and get similar results. It just requires some thinking on how you want to set up your gear. (I find a lot of people I run in to still use the basic gear mods which is a huge hindrance to damage potential. More of an education thing that is as I'm sure a large portion of the community just plays for fun and not to min/max)

I dont think so. I have 4pc t2 pve set bonus, rest is champ gear. I moded out the Accuracy enhancements. I run a 27pyro build. So theoretically with the set bonus, I should see the high numbers ona crit RS. I doubt that I pulled off a 5k+ let alone a 6k. I can prob see 5k with all the clickies and having a marauder pop his buff. So I would have to contribute a decent chunck of this damage in the video to BM + Rakata and no less than 500expertise (also while poping clickies).

Edited by Agooz

I dont think so. I have 4pc t2 pve set bonus, rest is champ gear. I moded out the Accuracy enhancements. I run a 27pyro build. So theoretically with the set bonus, I should see the high numbers ona crit RS. I doubt that I pulled off a 5k+ let alone a 6k. I can prob see 5k with all the clickies and having a marauder pop his buff. So I would have to contribute a decent chunck of this damage in the video to BM + Rakata and no less than 500expertise (also while poping clickies).

What stats are you at? Also, what's the damage range on your Railshot (from the tooltip)?

in pvp:

1661aim, 386pwr

RS= 1688-2017

2017? Hmph.

I honestly don't know then. I've gotten 5K+ with less top end then that. Maybe you are just getting unlucky RNG on your Railshot crits and it's going to the lowend damage of it.

If you modded to Power i'm assuming your surge is around 75ish% also right?

Edited by exphryl

2017? Hmph.

I honestly don't know then. I've gotten 5K+ with less top end then that. Maybe you are just getting unlucky RNG on your Railshot crits and it's going to the lowend damage of it.

If you modded to Power i'm assuming your surge is around 75ish% also right?

Surge 73.29%

Really like the information in here. Going to remod all my stuff. Recently hit BM, but have been playing on my Jug a lot. Can you explain how to use the relics effectively and which ones I should be using. I am using a 4/6/31 build. Thanks

Really like the information in here. Going to remod all my stuff. Recently hit BM, but have been playing on my Jug a lot. Can you explain how to use the relics effectively and which ones I should be using. I am using a 4/6/31 build. Thanks

I use three relics.

Battlemaster (Power Incrase)

Champion (Power Increase)

Matrix Cube (aim/crit)

The reason I have both Power is when I use one, the other gets put on a 30 second cooldown. I'll then equip that one and use it when it's up (hopefully coupled with a warzone expertise buff since I use my adrenal and explosive fuel on the higher power relic)

1. What do you think about a 8/8/25 build like this for PvP ? The crit bonus on Burnout doesn't work on rail shot (i guess), and i don't think the bonus dmg on dots is very effective on PvP. Since in this spec u spam Flame Burst pretty often, a +6% dmg is welcome ! :)

2. In your opinion, which adrenal is the best ? Power biochimist one or PVP (+15% expertise) one ?

Ty again for the tips ! :p

1. What do you think about a 8/8/25 build like this for PvP ? The crit bonus on Burnout doesn't work on rail shot (i guess), and i don't think the bonus dmg on dots is very effective on PvP. Since in this spec u spam Flame Burst pretty often, a +6% dmg is welcome ! :)

I am pretty against builds that do not have any points in burnout. Mainly because Flameburst automatically applies a CGC Dot with it, it's an extra 100-300 damage (depending on crits) at that point. If they change it so it doesn't instantly add that tick I may think otherwise.

2. In your opinion, which adrenal is the best ? Power biochimist one or PVP (+15% expertise) one ?

Honestly, it depends. If it's 1v1 I try to use the power, I get better results with it thanthe 15% Buff. If it's a group setting, Expertise Adrenal all the way. The extra defense keeps me alive a bit longer to do more damage :)

Edited by exphryl

ya i tried this i dont know what your doing i got about 4.9k railshots but my over all damage wasnt very good it turned explosive fuel into a i win button tho lol but i think i do better damage with a good balance of crit power surge and a lil accuracy so i dont miss every shot lol

I have a question. You mentioned that you will use BM combat medic implants for their crit if you feel like your crit is too low. So what's the lowest amount of crit you would accept before jumping into a warzone? Edited by OooDamm

I have a question. You mentioned that you will use BM combat medic implants for their crit if you feel like your crit is too low. So what's the lowest amount of crit you would accept before jumping into a warzone?

22% on Ranged.

No, there is not a particular reason or value I can associate with that 22% in terms of damage, it's just my own feeling on how often things crit for me. :)

Edited by exphryl

Ty again for the tips ! :p

I run 8/8/25. I tried TD, I tried 8/6/27 which I also like, and I still come back to 8/8/25. I just came out of a WZ 11medals 554k dmg 45kills. I never feel that I need that extra burst of TD or the Burnout finisher.

For PvE, I definitely will take Burnout.