BIOWARE don't add a deserter debuff if I can't opt out of a warzone!

Typheran

Classes aren't balanced.... Got it.

Some are dramatically more useful in theme based warzones... noted

Everyone has there favorite warzone.. and ones that they hate. As a Merc I dread huttball. I refuse to play it as my class is lackluster and near useless in it compared to others.

I leave every huttball I get. It's not fun.

So in 1.2 I'll get a deserter deduff for instantly leaving a warzone that I hate? ... so no more pvp for me, huh?

Hmm.. so I either reroll or quit PVPing..

I miss world PVP.

you have a pretty sick knockback which makes you useful

jsut because you can't faceroll to score like sorcs does not mean youre useless...lol

Two knockbacks if you spec for it. Also useful for controlling mid from the defense side of the catwalks. Of course, if you're against a premade, they will focus you, and you will die every time you show your face. It's not exactly a subtle class.

Great points on how to use a merc in Huttball. I'm a Pyro, and I even score and pass for goals regularly in addition to performing the tasks described above. I'm particularly good at stirring up the opposition to draw attention away from the ball carrier. Mercs are a great distraction.

However, that's not what you asked. Personally, I think a 20 second or so timeframe to opt out is perfectly reasonable.

Edited by Bamajawn

There will never ever ever be a deserter buff in this game and you should hope that there never will be.

Why do people not grasp this? If you tell me that if I leave your game with 7 other people that don't have a clue that I can't play for 30 mins, guess what? People will stay in your game and not heal, not do anything, pull your ball carrier back, into the fire, the acid whatever.

Just because you find it fun does not mean I do. I play for fun and when it is not fun I will leave when I feel like it. I pay to play just like you do.

We won a civil war yesterday and two people dropped out when we had a node and they had a node. Why? I don't know and I don't care but we got two more people in and we won that WZ.

I don't want people in my WZ that do not want to try. Let them leave because the next person that comes in will probably be more help.

You aren't forced to play anything. That is why there is a leave function.

If you play Imp be prepared for a steady diet of huttball or re roll.

I don't think they indicated that you would be able to choose your wz's did they? They said they were adding one more and making it cross faction on along with one of the other ones.

We can argue points about crap class balance and tactics until we all become trolls. That's not my point. The point is if you don't have fun in a certain warzone you shouldn't be forced to play it.

I never wanted to see a deserter buff before cross server and smarter matchmaking, which would have made it much easier to let people choose their warzones without massive queue issues, but what we want and what we're getting appear to be two different things.

I love huttball on my merc, then again, i'm also a heal spec one. if i get a team with a few decent runners i can generally make 6 medals in a semi fast game just by spraying a few dmg aoes and healin the crap out of the runner, just because you dont have a charge or a sprint skill doesnt mean you're useless, it jsut means you shouldnt try bein the ball runner. think of it like football, theres alot of guys on the field and very few of them actually run the ball, the rest are blockers n ****, thats what you're better at as a merc

You aren't forced to play anything. That is why there is a leave function.

If you play Imp be prepared for a steady diet of huttball or re roll.

I don't think they indicated that you would be able to choose your wz's did they? They said they were adding one more and making it cross faction on along with one of the other ones.

They said you will not be able to pick which WZ you que for, AND there will be a deserter debuff.

How is that not forcing me to play huttball if I want to pvp?

Classes aren't balanced.... Got it.

Some are dramatically more useful in theme based warzones... noted

Everyone has there favorite warzone.. and ones that they hate. As a Merc I dread huttball. I refuse to play it as my class is lackluster and near useless in it compared to others.

So in 1.2 I'll get a deserter deduff for instantly leaving a warzone that I hate? ... so no more pvp for me, huh?

Hmm.. so I either reroll or quit PVPing..

I miss world PVP.

Why would you leave and get the debuff while you can run in circles or afk like me and get almost the same rewards ya would win for a victory is beyond me.

Why would you leave and get the debuff while you can run in circles or afk like me and get almost the same rewards ya would win for a victory is beyond me.

Because that isn't fair to the people that want to play huttball. Why would u grief them? Pre 1.2 u can just leave and reque.

I would like to see the quote where they said there was going to be a deserter debuff. I heard they were going to add things to the game to keep people playing.

If they put in a negative for staying the QQ will be enormous here. It will be grand and will make every other thread here seem minimal.

There will never ever ever be a deserter buff in this game and you should hope that there never will be.

Why do people not grasp this? If you tell me that if I leave your game with 7 other people that don't have a clue that I can't play for 30 mins, guess what? People will stay in your game and not heal, not do anything, pull your ball carrier back, into the fire, the acid whatever.

Just because you find it fun does not mean I do. I play for fun and when it is not fun I will leave when I feel like it. I pay to play just like you do.

We won a civil war yesterday and two people dropped out when we had a node and they had a node. Why? I don't know and I don't care but we got two more people in and we won that WZ.

I don't want people in my WZ that do not want to try. Let them leave because the next person that comes in will probably be more help.

^^ This.

But there will be, and then I will leave.

I don't care that we'll be able to vote kick AFKers. Great, it's a nice addition to be able to but that will all take time, and not everyone will agree, and while all this is happening your team is playing 7v8. I will rather leave.

Sometimes you will get newbs who have no clue what they're doing completely eff up the zone for the other seven. I do not want to stay in that game.

If they brand me with a debuff for not wanting to be in a warzone with folks like that -- watch how quickly I erase my credit card info from the web site.

Edited by Monterone

On my merc I make it my job to control mid, which is every bit as important as helping the ball carrier in HB.

Mercs are pretty good at it too.

This. Too many people think that carrying the ball is the only point of huttball. They couldn't be more wrong.

This. Too many people think that carrying the ball is the only point of huttball. They couldn't be more wrong.

The point of Huttball may not be carrying the ball, but it is knowing where the ball is at all times and how you can best contribute to moving it away from your side and to the enemy side.

I agree, and I do the same thing. The only time I stay in huttball is if there is under 8 minute left. I don't like it, and I leave immediately without taking a step. The deserter buff should only happen if you step into PvP, or stay longer than 15-20 seconds.

I agree, and I do the same thing. The only time I stay in huttball is if there is under 8 minute left. I don't like it, and I leave immediately without taking a step. The deserter buff should only happen if you step into PvP, or stay longer than 15-20 seconds.

Honestly, I don't understand why Huttball is longer than 8 minutes long to begin with.