300+ Year old wookie(s)?

reaperkeepet

Well I just found out one of the Smuggler's companions is Bowdaar... Huh? Wasn't Bowdaar in KoTOR? That was 300 years ago! :eek: So here is where my question comes in... How long do Wookies live? (haven't played the Smug yet so not sure what goes on. also no spoilers if there are any)

Well I just found out one of the Smuggler's companions is Bowdaar... Huh? Wasn't Bowdaar in KoTOR? That was 300 years ago! :eek: So here is where my question comes in... How long do Wookies live? (haven't played the Smug yet so not sure what goes on. also no spoilers if there are any)

Average life span is around 600 years.

Think you are getting your Wookiees mixed up.

Zaalbar was the Wookiee in KOTOR, & Hanharr was the Wookiee in KOTOR2. Bowdaar is new to us, though he does reveal that he is quite old (how old exactly escapes me at the moment).

It's worth noting that Wookiees do live a long time. Wookieepedia cites their life cycle at around 600 years, Chewbacca at the time of his death was at least 210.

So yeah, there is a chance we may yet run in to Wookiees from KOTOR 1 & 2, but Bowdaar isn't one.

Even though its incorrect. It'd be pretty cool/interesting to have Hanharr or Zaalbarr as a companion, since it is possible.

Perhaps in an Xpack or Content patch we'll get to meet them again... if they live 600 years, it's safe to assume both could still be alive. I doubt that they'd be companions, but the whole continuation of the Revan storyline is clearly a core part of the game.

Interjection: There are other companions of Revan's who make an appearance or two, meatbag.

Edited by Bonezmccoy

Perhaps in an Xpack or Content patch we'll get to meet them again... if they live 600 years, it's safe to assume both could still be alive. I doubt that they'd be companions, but the whole continuation of the Revan storyline is clearly a core part of the game.

Interjection: There are other companions of Revan's who make an appearance or two, meatbag.

Off topic but does Revan actually die when you fight him at the end of the imperial FP the Foundry or does he warp somewhere to safety?

I can't assume hes dead because there is no corpse when you defeat him.

Edited by Zilrota
added spoilers

Off topic but does Revan actually die when you fight him at the end of the imperial FP the Foundry or does he warp somewhere to safety?

So I guess when someone completely disintegrates in a fiery explosion, they aren't dead?

Anyway hes probably still alive, due to the outrage of his fans. They can always bring someone back! Now we just need to wait for Mace to return, and all the dead characters will be alive again! Yay!

Edited by Zilrota
added spoilers

Hello there!

We ask that story discussions outside of the Spoilers forum be wrapped in spoiler tags. You may do this by putting [noparse]

[/noparse] at the beginning of your text and [noparse]

[/noparse] at the end! Your result will look like this:

this is an example of hidden text with spoiler tags!

We've edited some recent posts to put in spoiler tags. Thanks everyone!

So I guess when someone completely disintegrates in a fiery explosion, they aren't dead?

Anyway hes probably still alive, due to the outrage of his fans. They can always bring someone back! Now we just need to wait for Mace to return, and all the dead characters will be alive again! Yay!

To me it appeared to be a "look at the bright shiny ball of light that blinds you, while I slip out the back door trick"

To me it appeared to be a "look at the bright shiny ball of light that blinds you, while I slip out the back door trick"

maybe that big bright shiny ball of light that blinds you was his. Becoming one with the force. And if some 1 goes "You don't say" you realy make me facepalm

Is it really 600 years or is it like in dog years??? Wookies do look like Bigfoot crossed with Yokrshire terrier. 600 / 7 = 85.7 i thnk

nope its just in human years. a wookie can become ~600 years old.

hell chewie was before he met han already....... 180 years or so old. he died at 209.

In reguards to Revan, as per Drew.

No he doesn't die, as I asked Drew if he he was using the force clone technique that the emperor used and if he learned this from the Emperor when the two were linked together. Drew responded by saying something along the lines of "it is definitely possible that Revan learned a few of the Emperors tricks. We had him disappear to leave the door open." Revan is easily startled but he'll soon be back and in greater numbers...

Edited by Tuscad

In reguards to Revan, as per Drew.

No he doesn't die, as I asked Drew if he he was using the force clone technique that the emperor used and if he learned this from the Emperor when the two were linked together. Drew responded by saying something along the lines of "it is definitely possible that Revan learned a few of the Emperors tricks. We had him disappear to leave the door open." Revan is easily startled but he'll soon be back and in greater numbers...

Which may not happen since Drew is now gone.

Which may not happen since Drew is now gone.

I don't think Drew leaving will have any effect on that. I am sure that a bunch of the expansions are already written and things are being sent into motion.

Guys Hanharr is dead.

Mira killed him on Malachor V.

Zaalbar's age hasn't been stated.

My assumption is that Kashyyyk will be in an xpac (though I'm surprised Lehon is being added in a content patch instead of an xpac). I'm taking a wild, hopeful guess, that Revan didn't die, despite referencing Malak's last words, but folded space and went to Zaalbar. That's just wishful thinking.

I think if Zaalbar weren't included, it would be very strange. Revan and Zaalbar are potentially the last surviving characters from KotOR.