Shinarika - Jedi Shadow Guide (Tutorial-A)

Xinika

I think you need to start with one set first. Choose between Stalker or Survivor and try not to mix them until you have both..

Gonna have to disagree with you slightly there. If you do a little theorycrafting and mix up your Stalker/Survivor pieces you can have a pretty good balance between health, minor passive mitigation, and Power/Surge. I'm currently doing that with my Shadow (one piece away from full BM). I chose the Stalker items that granted Power (along with Implants for crit/surge), a Champ stalker blade because it is loaded with Power/WP (replace with BM Survivor blade for huttball), and the rest Survivor. I used Ask Mr Robot's customization page to check the stats, and this seems a good blend of defensive and offensive stuff.

TBH it depends on your playstyle. I think if you want to make best use of a KC shadow though, you need more defensive stats than full Stalker gear gives you...especially with the metagame shifting to physical damage from Marauders/Snipers.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a 1.2 returning player, just want to say thanks to Xinika and the rest of you for putting this info (and all the other related threads I haven't thanked on). I appreciate the effort!

I like being an Infil. underdog, so despite its continued underwhelming play, I'm sticking with it. Its fun battling the odds. Looking forward to continued education from you all.

Peace - QT

Your welcome, I have a more in depth guide coming that's updated for 1.2.

I desperately waiting for it :-) I saw your other equip video and I am still not sure what to do. Yes I know get FM Gloves and take mods and enhancement and put it in the other gear. But doesn't that mean we don't have 100% accuracy? I thought we need 100% accuracy for strikes like "Spinning Strike" or is this wrong?

Also at the moment I think going for the 4pc Survivor set bonus is not the best way. Because when I guard somebody I am death so quick that I event can hit any button. At the moment I am saving the patches to get BM Stalker double-blade hope that is the correct way to go.

Shinarika, I find that the Force-Master saber is having the perfect stats(Power/Surge) for us. Can we buy one and put all the modifications from it to a customer double-bladed lightsaber?

http://imgur.com/Mg6mR

Feast your eyes on the perfect mods/enh. This applies to all your gearing for power output (Infil/DPS KC) as well.

I desperately waiting for it :-) I saw your other equip video and I am still not sure what to do. Yes I know get FM Gloves and take mods and enhancement and put it in the other gear. But doesn't that mean we don't have 100% accuracy? I thought we need 100% accuracy for strikes like "Spinning Strike" or is this wrong?

You don't need 100% accuracy. They did raise the cap, but I'm seeing around 95-97% to be optimal.

Also at the moment I think going for the 4pc Survivor set bonus is not the best way. Because when I guard somebody I am death so quick that I event can hit any button. At the moment I am saving the patches to get BM Stalker double-blade hope that is the correct way to go.

I don't use 4pc bonus in survivor gear anyway. I use a mixture of 3 pc survivor and 2 pc Stalker. KC feels weaker since the patch.

What you thinks about

Rakata Stalker's Gear

2 pieces: Saber Strike hits restore 1 Force.

4 pieces: Increases the critical chance of Thrash and Voltaic Slash or Double Strike and Clairvoyant Strike by 15%.

VS

Battlemaster Stalker's Gear

2 pieces: Increases range of Force Slow and Jolt or Mind Snap by 5 meters.

4 pieces: Increases Recklessness or Force Potency charges by 1 and reduces its cooldown by 15 seconds.

I dont know why they bonus is so diferent... For me i think is bether choice rakata if i play shadow infiltration spec, but realy dont know...

What you thinks about

Rakata Stalker's Gear

2 pieces: Saber Strike hits restore 1 Force.

4 pieces: Increases the critical chance of Thrash and Voltaic Slash or Double Strike and Clairvoyant Strike by 15%.

VS

Battlemaster Stalker's Gear

2 pieces: Increases range of Force Slow and Jolt or Mind Snap by 5 meters.

4 pieces: Increases Recklessness or Force Potency charges by 1 and reduces its cooldown by 15 seconds.

I dont know why they bonus is so diferent... For me i think is bether choice rakata if i play shadow infiltration spec, but realy dont know...

I strongly advise against using PvE gear for PvP as of 1.2...

Also, Stalker 2 and 4 PC is better...

http://imgur.com/Mg6mR

You don't need 100% accuracy. They did raise the cap, but I'm seeing around 95-97% to be optimal.

I am not exactly sure why you keep saying that. Accuracy rating translates to the same accuracy bonus that it has pre-patch. One thing everybody needs to understand though is that while our force abilities will start out at 100% accuracy, this doesn't mean that they are guaranteed to hit. As soon as you get debuffed you will drop below the 100% mark (the Shadowsight talent also offers 2% evasion to force/tech fyi).

It's not rare nowadays to get a "miss" on a force ability with so many marauders around. I really suggest people to go for accuracy/power or accuracy/crit (depending on spec and playstyle) once they hit 74-75% surge rating. With the new implants and earring you will hit that surge rating much sooner than with BM, so that you can gain a lot more accuracy than pre-1.2 without feeling bad about it.

Iirc, you will be able to hit close to 110% force accuracy without compromising on your surge or power/crit once geared up completely. You won't notice much difference at that point, but I can guarantee that you will, if you ever decided to drop those 10% accuracy again for overcap surge or whatever.

I am not exactly sure why you keep saying that. Accuracy rating translates to the same accuracy bonus that it has pre-patch. One thing everybody needs to understand though is that while our force abilities will start out at 100% accuracy, this doesn't mean that they are guaranteed to hit. As soon as you get debuffed you will drop below the 100% mark (the Shadowsight talent also offers 2% evasion to force/tech fyi).

It's not rare nowadays to get a "miss" on a force ability with so many marauders around. I really suggest people to go for accuracy/power or accuracy/crit (depending on spec and playstyle) once they hit 74-75% surge rating. With the new implants and earring you will hit that surge rating much sooner than with BM, so that you can gain a lot more accuracy than pre-1.2 without feeling bad about it.

Iirc, you will be able to hit close to 110% force accuracy without compromising on your surge or power/crit once geared up completely. You won't notice much difference at that point, but I can guarantee that you will, if you ever decided to drop those 10% accuracy again for overcap surge or whatever.

I'm sorry, we got mixed up I suppose. I was talking about melee accuracy there. My force accuracy is around 105-107%. I don't find it needed to go higher based on how rare I miss.

Thanks for all the input guys, great stuff!

I've read about using the Force-Mystic gloves to pull out their mods/enhancement and after looking at the difference between the Battlemaster/WH set, the armoring seems to be improved around 10 - 20 armor and willpower/endurance is only increased by 3.

Since I wanted to get my Surge/Power up as quick as possible, I decided to go ahead to buy the Force-Mystic gloves and threw the surge/power mod and enhancement in one of my BM pieces. I'm guessing since accuracy is needed we can only front load straight up power/surge mods/enhancements twice before seeing a huge drop to accuracy. I'm guessing after this point, we just stack power/accuracy?

Edited by nisallik

Thanks for all the input guys, great stuff!

I've read about using the Force-Mystic gloves to pull out their mods/enhancement and after looking at the difference between the Battlemaster/WH set, the armoring seems to be improved around 10 - 20 armor and willpower/endurance is only increased by 3.

Since I wanted to get my Surge/Power up as quick as possible, I decided to go ahead to buy the Force-Mystic gloves and threw the surge/power mod and enhancement in one of my BM pieces. I'm guessing since accuracy is needed we can only front load straight up power/surge mods/enhancements twice before seeing a huge drop to accuracy. I'm guessing after this point, we just stack power/accuracy?

You still need at least 95-97% Melee Accuracy (Aka 105-107% Force Hit).

This will be simple though.

Between our gloves and implants, accuracy won't be a problem at all.