no combat logs - unacceptable

mufutiz

I can understand players reservations when it comes to dps meters, I know they can cause trouble for some people.

The problem at hand is, a basic combat log allowing for parsing of combat data is a (harmful?/unwanted?) side effect, not what a combat log is all about in the first place.

The main use of a combat log is allowing a player to see what happened to his character in any given combat situation. It is such a basic feature in any mmo ... It is completely unacceptable to release a game that is not only missing this feature but even worse, we get an announcement that there will be no combat logs whatsoever...

You cannot be serious. Please tell me there will be a proper combat log like people are used to and have utilized for more than a decade now in every single other MMO to be released.

Edited by mufutiz

I can understand players reservations when it comes to dps meters, I know they can cause trouble for some people.

The problem at hand is, a basic combat log allowing for parsing of combat data is a (harmful?/unwanted?) side effect, not what a combat log is all about in the first place.

The main use of a combat log is allowing a player to see what happened to his character in any given combat situation. It is such a basic feature in any mmo ... It is completely unacceptable to release a game that is not only missing this feature but even worse, we get an announcement that there will be no combat logs whatsoever...

You cannot be serious. Please tell me there will be a proper combat log like people are used to and have utilized for more than a decade now in every single other MMO to be released.

when did they say they werent adding combat logs i was under the impression a personal combat log is coming in 1.2

There is not only a thread, but even a poll about it.

The majority just don´t want it - get over it!

edit: I´m so sorry I spammed the link to the thread you not only know but have posted in about 50 times. Sorry, seriously.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=345794

Edited by Tiddex

the personal log is not a combat log in its usual understanding, it's a log file you can analyze outside of the game, not a real time combat log you can click, check what happened 10 seconds earlier, then continue with your gaming.

the personal log is not a combat log in its usual understanding, it's a log file you can analyze outside of the game, not a real time combat log you can click, check what happened 10 seconds earlier, then continue with your gaming.

so you are whining because it isnt exactly what you want...aww.....do you need a hug?

really they added what they were comfortable and happy with adding. if you dont like it and it ruins your game play then i guess you either deal with the combat log as they are adding it or you fnd a game with a combat log more to your liking.

really they are listening to people and adding things. they just dont want the combat log to be a way to evaluate and kick other people from groups, which on other mmos thats what it is used for.

There is not only a thread, but even a poll about it.

The majority just don´t want it - get over it!

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=345794

the majority does not even understand the difference between a combat log and a combat parser.

all they think about when they even see or hear the word combat log is the bad memories from being humiliated in front of their groups for not pulling their weight or whatever happened to them that makes them dislike the idea.

How can you NOT want to know what happened to your character?

Are you trying to tell me that if combat logs would not enable dps meters and the like people would still oppose the idea of a basic combat log telling you what exactly happened to YOUR character? I can't believe that, it's insanity.

Edited by mufutiz

so you are whining because it isnt exactly what you want...aww.....do you need a hug?

I am not whining and it is certainly not about what I want.

It is about convention. You expect certain things from a MMORPG, if only because EVERY other game of this kind supports at least a basic real time combat log.

really they are listening to people and adding things. they just dont want the combat log to be a way to evaluate and kick other people from groups, which on other mmos thats what it is used for.

a combat log in its basic idea is a tool to tell you what your character did and what the enemy did to your character. Kicking people from groups will still happen, only without justification because nobody knows what really is going on and it's all based on perception and voodoo.

Edited by mufutiz

And how exactly does this really infringe on your gameplay... u can still type how ubersauce your DPS is if you feel you have to, only difference I see is that currently you have to try really hard for anyone to believe you, even harder after reading your "Cry for Attention " post here. :rolleyes: