The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Time to remove/update Voidstar

kckkryptonite

This Warzone is terrible as composition >>>> coordination more than any other WZ and the outcome is generally apparent after the first half minute into the game.

Do you have healers?

How much healers do you have?

This is such a shallow WZ, it's mind-boggling how it got into the game - Voidstar is nothing but a glorified deathmatch; you may as well have a bot spam your rotation since you really never need to do anything else. You empire fools might not like to hear it, but Huttball has much better design, at least there is variance in play.

Voidstar is the only WZ where healers are absolutely req'd to win. The fact that here are two doors means nothing, they are literally 3 seconds apart. You can see what their intention was, but by god is it simplistic level design. VS needs to be a lot bigger and have coolor, more intricate terrain like catwalks, lifts, corridors that don't quickly merge, anything, if it's not going to be a straight-up spamfest gauntlet run.

Right now it's just a bland, boring WZ, that requires no finesse.

***Note: I have been talking strictly from my end-game BM geared since Dec perspective, in and out of pre-mades, I am sure it feels like a competetive WZ in the 1-49 brackets, where organization is less and sometimes people just don't LOOK at the door or know how to watch the minimap.

Edited by kckkryptonite

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This Warzone is terrible as composition >>>> coordination more than any other WZ and the outcome is generally apparent after the first half minute into the game.

Do you have healers?

How much healers do you have?

This is such a shallow WZ, it's mind-boggling how it got into the game - Voidstar is nothing but a glorified deathmatch; you may as well have a bot spam your rotation since you really never need to do anything else. You empire fools might not like to hear it, but Huttball has much better design, at least there is variance in play.

Voidstar is the only WZ where healers are absolutely req'd to win. The fact that here are two doors means nothing, they are literally 3 seconds apart. You can see what their intention was, but by god is it simplistic level design. VS needs to be a lot bigger and have coolor, more intricate terrain like catwalks, lifts, corridors that don't quickly merge, anything, if it's not going to be a straight-up spamfest gauntlet run.

Right now it's just a bland, boring WZ, that requires no finesse.

you are totally wrong, it is a team, objective based instance.

there is no more skill involved in any other WZ than there is in voidstar.

A co-ordinated group knows....dont let the other team cap, it is just as easy for one group as it is the other.

Actually out of the billions of warzones I have come to the conclusion that civil war is my least favorite WZ, but now they have changed that to be a little less annoying. I approve of all the WZs they have so far. It is genuinely hard to come up with a pvp idea that hasn't been done already, but I still have fun.

It's such a shallow WZ, did any of you even read the post. I guess if you like repetitevely hitting **** with a stick it's all cool. CW/HB at least require some positioning, you just run out and spam your rotation in VS.

you need to get yourself a decent group by the sounds of things.

I really hate Voidstar, for some reason. I wouldn't be sad to see it go away forever.

I completely hate it too. Not only is the "first attack, then switch sides and defend" design rather outdated, but as the OP said, voidstar is won by the side who has more healers, simple as that.

As empire on my server usually has 0 healers, 1 if we're lucky as hell, and republic usually has 2-3 if not 4 healers, guess who wins voidstar all the time?

The only reliable way to plant a bomb is to decimate the opposing team so they are behind the respawn wall and you can plant. If there are 3 healers there's no way to do that.

This is a post about how bad its design is, don't change the subject. I do fine in it.

there is nothing wrong with the "design"

you just dont like it.

1 man cannot win a WZ and should not be able to win a Wz on his own, you can do this in huttball, which could be viewed as flawed or bad "design".

get organised, it helps.

i never once said you, yourself were bad at the WZ.

there is nothing wrong with the "design"

you just dont like it.

1 man cannot win a WZ and should not be able to win a Wz on his own, you can do this in huttball, which could be viewed as flawed or bad "design".

get organised, it helps.

i never once said you, yourself were bad at the WZ.

If one man is winning in your Huttball games, you should get organized. Voidstar is a cesspool and a spamfest. I'm still waiting for any counters to my points. What does one man do aside from being a healer to affect the outcome of a Voidstar game? My original point is that composition >>>>>>>>>> coordination; won't matter if you're a pre-made if the other team has two decent healers, you won't ever win like you can in Huttball or Civil War. Ninja'ing a door is cool and all, but the level is flawed if you require the other team just not looking at the door. When two good pre-mades with healers get matched against each other in VS, no one ever breaks the first door.

***Note: I have been talking strictly from my end-game BM geared perspective for over 3 months, in and out of pre-mades, my experience is that Voidstar is just as I said in my original post.

Edited by kckkryptonite

I like VS, but dont love it, as VS heavily favors defenders. The doors are to close together and the defender spawn point is to close to the doors. A well coordinated team will never let the opponents plant a bomb on the first door. Defenders can swing from side to side extremely quickly, preventing a plant. Also, players dropping from the spawn point join the battle quickly, within as little as 1 or 2 seconds if they are lucky with the spawn area's shield.

Voidstar is the only WZ where healers are absolutely req'd to win.

This is where I stopped reading anything you have to say. I solo que up all the time and Frequently get into voidstars without healers. I win them ALL the time. If they have healers and you don't just have 2 people Focus on them and they can't heal their team.

Voidstar is more like the only map where it might be possible to win with no healers at all. Of course it's still a good idea to have a healer, but healer heavy team are not favored in this map because when it takes 5 seconds to get back to the fight on offense, dying is sometimes a quicker way to vent heat/gain energy than actually having someone keep you alive.

If one man is winning in your Huttball games, you should get organized. Voidstar is a cesspool and a spamfest. I'm still waiting for any counters to my points. What does one man do aside from being a healer to affect the outcome of a Voidstar game? My original point is that composition >>>>>>>>>> coordination; won't matter if you're a pre-made if the other team has two decent healers, you won't ever win like you can in Huttball or Civil War. Ninja'ing a door is cool and all, but the level is flawed if you require the other team just not looking at the door. When two good pre-mades with healers get matched against each other in VS, no one ever breaks the first door.

***Note: I have been talking strictly from my end-game BM geared perspective for over 3 months, in and out of pre-mades, my experience is that Voidstar is just as I said in my original post.

i never said they were, you're getting a little frustrated here i think.

i said they can, which they can.

you really dont get it, do you?

all it takes to win a huttball is for you to pass the ball in a chain up the field/court, you dont even need to use any other ability.

All you need is 4 players passing the ball. you dont even need to know how your own class works to win. It is the easiest out of them all. Voidstar and CW there is alot more happening at the one time.

The Op had "you dont even need healers to win huttball"

An instance where a full class type isnt needed, sounds flawed to me.

I hate VS as a sniper/GS...flat, no escape routes, no real perches, everything so close together range useless, easy to LOS....I still put up dmg but it maks you aware of just how squishy you are. Seems it's a melee map.

all it takes to win a huttball is for you to pass the ball in a chain up the field/court, you dont even need to use any other ability.

And yet, there is more teamwork than Voidstar will ever have.

All you need is 4 players passing the ball. you dont even need to know how your own class works to win. It is the easiest out of them all. Voidstar and CW there is alot more happening at the one time.

I disagree, there are a lot of ways to disrupt the flow of passing via knockbacks, intercepts, pulls, straight up killing someone, stuns, etc. All that is happening in VS is people having a bloodbath in the most linear path possible.

The Op had "you dont even need healers to win huttball"

An instance where a full class type isnt needed, sounds flawed to me.

Yeah, why should one class ever be required? I believe that coordination should trump composition. Civil War and Huttball at least allow this option. Having healers is always better, never said it wasn't.

You keep arguing how amazingly skilled you need to be to win a Voidstar, but still have not told me where the finesse in play comes in.

Edited by kckkryptonite

I hate VS as a sniper/GS...flat, no escape routes, no real perches, everything so close together range useless, easy to LOS....I still put up dmg but it maks you aware of just how squishy you are. Seems it's a melee map.

melee's greatest tool is LOS.

im a GS just incase you wondered i enjoy voidstar because of the way i can move from one cover point to the other i can practically hop from one side of the door to the other ALOT faster than anyone else can.

My leg shot is my greatest asset.

And yet, there is more teamwork than Voidstar will ever have.

I disagree, there are a lot of ways to disrupt the flow of passing via knockbacks, intercepts, pulls, straight up killing someone, stuns, etc. All that is happening in VS is people having a bloodbath in the most linear path possible.

Yeah, why should one class ever be required? I believe that coordination should trump composition. Civil War and Huttball at least allow this option. Having healers is always better, never said it wasn't.

You keep arguing how amazingly skilled you need to be to win a Voidstar, but still have not told me where the finesse in play comes in.

i never said you need to be amazingly skilled.

In an MMO group comp is everything, one advantage is that there are more than 1 class of healer more than 1 class of dps etc.

your tone seems to tell me you're rather upset with my comments.

overall huttball is flawed in my view of an mmo "If the case may be that you do not need healers to win it."

removing a class from the picture is idiotic, when they are easily maintained with stuns/interupts/knockbacks/etc

you are trying to justify your own flawed outlook on how you want the game to be (without healers :| )

on your last point compostition should equal co-ordination.

you need a little bit of both.

now pls read it before you reply.

Edited by Scotland

voidstar is won by the side who has more healers, simple as that.

This is NOT true. If you don't have enough DPS you can't cap against a good team. I've played in some healer heavy matches that were painful.

I like Voidstar a lot - there's a lot of misdirection involved and timing. It's the exact opposite of Civil War. In CW if you trickle in one at a time to try to cap a node you die. In Voidstar if you focus fire it can actually work against you. A better strategy is to try to get as many defenders to die simultaneously as possible (and hope the door doesn't open as soon as they get there). If you don't do that you can have a constant stream of respawns interrupt you.

Voidstar actually takes significant teamwork and communication to win.

This is NOT true. If you don't have enough DPS you can't cap against a good team. I've played in some healer heavy matches that were painful.

I like Voidstar a lot - there's a lot of misdirection involved and timing. It's the exact opposite of Civil War. In CW if you trickle in one at a time to try to cap a node you die. In Voidstar if you focus fire it can actually work against you. A better strategy is to try to get as many defenders to die simultaneously as possible (and hope the door doesn't open as soon as they get there). If you don't do that you can have a constant stream of respawns interrupt you.

Voidstar actually takes significant teamwork and communication to win.

/thread