The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Free transfers in the future?

Drakinor

this is a very serious issue, I really like this game but have been pretty much stopped playing till I can transfer my character, I am GM of one of the largest guilds on my server, a bout two weeks ago we had 4 raids going per night, now all my key players have either quit or rerolled because our server is so dead. I mean seriously there was 8 in fleet on a saturday morning, 25 in fleet on friday prime time, this is bull BW get your crap together. I have put way too much time into my character over the last two months and refuse to re roll. I'm giving it till march for them to fix this issue, my sub runs out then.

Please BW fix your game.

Edited by delousion

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

will you just get out of here if your not gunna support this, ive spent so many hours pvping its not easy getting valor back once your on republic can I get an Amen? I mean seriously republic sucks at warzones so to get valor back up would be a pain.

see you didnt think that through when you typed what you did, you thought begining game content......when most of us are having difficulty with end game content long warzone queues hard finding groups for HM or Ops. its not about starting over, I would start over but with how much champion gear I collected how much PVE gear ive collected it would be just for nothing hours PVPing and PVE.

next time before you put your 2 cents in maybe see the whole picture....this isnt about starting over its about bettering our game experience to make it more accessible and enjoyable. cant open world pvp on a dead server can you? lol seriously just leave this forum topic and dont come back

Wrong. :)

It is very easy to re-roll and be back to current valor, level and credits in under two weeks. So either wait a few more months until they give us paid transfers or re-roll and have fun now. I re-rolled twice already. It took no time at all to level again.

Oh and maybe you should go back to the first post. This isn't about low pop servers. The OP wants to leave a high pop server and go to a low pop one. :p

Edited by Rhysling

I'd liek to add to this post then. A post I made was shut down earlier - basically saying I'm about to have to abandon a level 50 toon, a load of credits, a bunch of level 15 - 30 toons, all because my server is a wasteland.

I am worried as I love the game and already have seen loads of people not bothering to play anymore, just logging in to see if things are more interesting, but they are not as my server pop is now lower than ever.

There's nothing to do at 50 - not because of content holes, but because of empty, deserted servers.

I'd liek to add to this post then. A post I made was shut down earlier - basically saying I'm about to have to abandon a level 50 toon, a load of credits, a bunch of level 15 - 30 toons, all because my server is a wasteland.

I am worried as I love the game and already have seen loads of people not bothering to play anymore, just logging in to see if things are more interesting, but they are not as my server pop is now lower than ever.

There's nothing to do at 50 - not because of content holes, but because of empty, deserted servers.

Ya, a one-time transfer of toons from a single server to another server would really make sense for you. Just wish BioWare would stop playing around with different max cap thresholds so the population numbers they represent were uniform across all servers. Edited by GalacticKegger

Yeah I've left a lvl 50 and afew alts low lvl. To hop over to another server with people. I know I'll have to start again, but I don't mind. But I would like to see server merges/transfers. Then maybe I could play the toon I put the most work into! Has bioware even spoke to the public about this?... Bad PR.

Wrong. :)

It is very easy to re-roll and be back to current valor, level and credits in under two weeks.

Maybe if you play 8+ hours everyday. But the holidays are long over and I don't have that much sparetime anymore. At the rate I am currently able to play it would take 2 weeks alone to get to level 50. Then maybe a month or two to get to the same gear level I was on my old character. And because I already have a character at max level and geared it puts me off from doing it again so soon. Usually when I level alts in other games it isn't until after maybe 6 months when I'm bored to play my main. I just don't have it in me to do it this soon. I'd actually want to play the character I currently have leveled to max level, but I am unable to (unless ofc I want to play this as a single player game).

Edited by byteresistor

Hey there guys. So, I got my character to 50, and very nearly a battle master. Just need a couple more days for that probably. Also all my crew skills are at 400 of course. But, I had to leave the Deadweight chapter of December Crew due to no guild population. The leader of that chapter hasn't been on for a good 3-4 weeks, and I'm missing my December Crew fix. The imperial side is populated enough but the queues for level 50 pvp are extremely long (anywhere from 15-35 minutes each time if you are in a premade) I have no characters on the server that i wish to move to, so legacy shouldn't be a problem, but I'd like to transfer my three characters to the The Corsair where most of the December Crew members are. Even if it's one character a month for a fee, it doesn't matter to me, i just want some kind of transfer service soon. Even an ETA of when it might be possible would satiate me for the time being... please keep your players informed EA.

Hey there guys. So, I got my character to 50, and very nearly a battle master. Just need a couple more days for that probably. Also all my crew skills are at 400 of course. But, I had to leave the Deadweight chapter of December Crew due to no guild population. The leader of that chapter hasn't been on for a good 3-4 weeks, and I'm missing my December Crew fix. The imperial side is populated enough but the queues for level 50 pvp are extremely long (anywhere from 15-35 minutes each time if you are in a premade) I have no characters on the server that i wish to move to, so legacy shouldn't be a problem, but I'd like to transfer my three characters to the The Corsair where most of the December Crew members are. Even if it's one character a month for a fee, it doesn't matter to me, i just want some kind of transfer service soon. Even an ETA of when it might be possible would satiate me for the time being... please keep your players informed EA.

The Corsair is no different, i am on that server. We have long queues of 15-30minutes. Server isnt active anymore as it used to be.

Anyways on topic.

They need transfers or server merges. I am sick and tired of looking for a HM FP party and spending 30minutes doing so and i am a tank. I love how some people say re roll on another server. Like everyone has the time to invest again.

Hey guys,

Started a new thread on this except it has to do with BioWare PTS-enabling server transfers and how we can help them test it. Their intent is to copy existing in-game characters to the PTS environment and will be happening soon. The sooner they make it work there the sooner we'll see it here. They need testers. Here's the link to that thread.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=273976

It's a long download as you'll be creating another install of the game. But for folks like myself who find this situation to be discouraging at best, this is the best way we can help BioWare help us.

Edited by GalacticKegger

Just moved with the guild (most of us got level 50 on the previous server) to another server to re-roll caused by low population.

BioWare needs to do something with those transfer quick, else they might end up with players canceling for several reasons:

1. Don't have the time to re-roll

2. Will be left alone on close to empty servers

3. CBA to re-roll

Server transfers are needed ASAP!! I rolled on a server that turned out to be a low pop server. It's terrible when it takes 4-5 days just to get a hardmode flashpoint group, and A 40 minute que just to get in a warzone with the same people every night!! And ilum is a fail because all there is are 4-6 imperials driving around in circles looking for armaments because there are no republics. BW please add server transfers soon! I already have 4 friends that quit the game cause of low pop and I may end up doing the same. Edited by Killaherbs

I don't understand. Can someone help clear up the don't have time to reroll or cant invest the time to reroll comments I keep seeing? I mean if you dont have the time to play a game how is a server transfer going to help you?

I am pretty sure that by now everyone has something 7-10 days actual playtime on their main characters (if not more) and part of the reason was because of the winter holidays, but now , with no large holiays in sight, everyone gets their traditional 3-6 hours game time a night, and it would take about 2-5 months to get back to where you were with your old character if you decided to reroll at this point. Or at least that's my interpretation of what they mean by 'don't have the time to reroll'

This week hasn't been too bad actually, was much worse last week, was even able to put together a 16 man eternity vault run, and finish my dailies. and Killaherbs, you wouldn't happen to be on deadweight would you? because that's how it is there all the time, except for the occasional computer-crashing 24v24 fights, what you need to do is draw an imp out one at a time and try to dispatch them, there's always that one that will follow a red name to the neither reaches of illum (i know I do) if you see osmosis, I'll fight with you over and over till both of our armaments quests are done XD

Don't get me worng I want it but I rerolled to another server and allmost have another 50, when they DO it, can all my 50 be on the same server ? my rerolled soon to be 50 is on the new server and I started a guild etc on the new server . and i don't want give up ether 50 or the giuld . and would like them all on the same server . I don't care about names .

Jumping on the bandwagon here

Playing on a realm which has an amazing pvp queue. This last saterday (04-02-2012) has been the worse pvp weekend ever. between 13:00 and 19:00 we had a total amount of 1 battle. Which we lost after 120 seconds because there were not enough players. Tried to queue 2 hour's later but zip noppes nadda, till 3:00 in the morning no pvp battle at all. Sunday, total of 9 hours queued and 0 battles.

Ilum is a white desert with 2 or maybe if we're lucky 3 or even 4 imps around farming Arnaments (that gets boring amg)

So yeah I support a server merge/player change to another server. I guess I look at this for 1 month but when nothing happens Ill be gone. Keep in mind BW created this problem at the start with too many server and queue caps.

Edited by EderSchippers

Well I see 50 pages of transfer please and yeat I see no reaply from GM/Admin... or am I mistaken??

My reason for transfer is that the population of Republic players on server Trayus Academy is realy LOW, but we have a standard population on the whole server, so there is like 5 Imps per 1 Republic player. I do not minde the odds but its nearly impossible to get anyone to Heroics or flashpoitns....

WAKE UP BW AND PREPARE TRANSFER!!

I don't understand. Can someone help clear up the don't have time to reroll or cant invest the time to reroll comments I keep seeing? I mean if you dont have the time to play a game how is a server transfer going to help you?

It's easy. It's not a matter of not investing time in the game.

It's a matter of having ALREADY invested much time in the game just to being able to play ALONE because of BW's choice to create too many servers.

If they had created the char transfer tool, the first month would have helped balance the server population. Now we are stuck with the first toon on the first server we chose hoping it had a decent population without queues, and now that we see that we were mistaken we want to change.

Only problem is we were mistaken because we started at launch and we didn't know wich servers were going to be ULTRA HEAVY and wich ones were going to be LIGHT.

I guess that almost everyone of us has already started rerolling. But I have played 7 days and more on my main and it's lvl 43 (I know, I'm slow but I like to talk to everyone and enjoy everything eheh) and now me and my RL friend wich I'm playing side by side started rerolling another char and we are lvl 18-19..

It's not a matter of not wanting to invest time, it's just that we don't want to waste the time we have already invested in this game!!

Servers had to be opened.

There were way too many Star Wars fans simply buying and playing for a couple of days just because its Star Wars.

Theres also another reason for people not to reroll on other servers; Legacy. At the moment there is nothing to it but as it seems, were geting buffs or whatever later on that require legacy leveling and rerolling somwhere else is a toll on that.

Bioware, please wake up. You guys did everything well so far, please dont ruing that streak by not having something as simple as a damn server transfer.

Servers had to be opened.

There were way too many Star Wars fans simply buying and playing for a couple of days just because its Star Wars.

Theres also another reason for people not to reroll on other servers; Legacy. At the moment there is nothing to it but as it seems, were geting buffs or whatever later on that require legacy leveling and rerolling somwhere else is a toll on that.

Bioware, please wake up. You guys did everything well so far, please dont ruing that streak by not having something as simple as a damn server transfer.

Yeah, but in the end few servers are greatly full while the rest of the population is vastly spread over the "outer rim" of the dead servers, begging for help!

I'm still leveling my Shadow on my dead server, hoping that BW will do anything about it.

Please answer us!! People is leaving!!

Would love some kinda chracter transfer system.

I joined swtor in the 1st wave of early access, at the time i got access there was only 1 english pvp up running and my 2 irl mate and i joined that server. Now since release about 15 of my other irl friends joined the game but they didnt bother to roll on the same server as us because at release it had like 3 hours of queue time. So now we are all spread out on different server. Seeing that my character from early access is now BM i dont really feel like rerolling a new toon on my other friends server, and since they formed a raiding guild and are raiding a lot they dont really wanna reroll either. So a chracter transfer would make my day and would make us able to play the game together..

Plz consider the possibility of server transfers BW..