SW:TOR Team Learn from the Mass Effect team.

Xanerithe

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bioware SW:TOR team,

learn from the team that created Mass Effect 3, the dialog..the music the story..truly epic you truly feel for what is going on. Learn from that.

*facepalm*

erm...you do get the idea that one is a single player rpg and another is a theme park mmo right? Different standards, framework and priorities. I think this gets my vote for the most misguided/pointless post of the day.

*facepalm*

erm...you do get the idea that one is a single player rpg and another is a theme park mmo right? Different standards, framework and priorities. I think this gets my vote for the most misguided/pointless post of the day.

Just because it's an mmo doesn't mean they can slack off, they boasted that the story was going to be awesome..uhm..no it isn't You can have an incredible story in an mmo.

Consular storyline sucked.

One opinion. I thought it was pretty cool. Not as good as Knight in the mid to high 30's or as good as the start to the Trooper (which some people dislike). But still really good.

Guess that means story is subjective?

The beauty is all the class stories are different. If you've done them all and hate them all, are you a Star Wars fan?

are you a Star Wars fan?

The stories don't feel apart of the star wars universe to me ;\ The biggest problem is how far in past it is in the time scale..meaning what you do on your character literally means nothing.

Edited by Xanerithe

No. period. No. This game does not need any more of a single player influence it need to be more MMO. I even hat the ship upgrades. You need to see and be around other played to feel like you are playing an MMO.

*facepalm*

MMOs can't be like single player games because... well, because... it's just science! Everyone knows that nothing from single player games which is either cool or fun could possibly be extrapolated into an MMO, duh!

:rolleyes:

Edited by Sireene
insulting

The stories don't feel apart of the star wars universe to me ;\ The biggest problem is how far in past it is in the time scale..meaning what you do on your character literally means nothing.

You're talking about a collection of stories that hasn't reached their conclusion. Have some patience before making a generalization like that.

You're talking about a collection of stories that hasn't reached their conclusion. Have some patience before making a generalization like that.

usually if the beginning sucks..the middle..sucks the end won't be to great either..the stories are as bad as the movie Battlefield earth, yes I am going that far.

Just because it's an mmo doesn't mean they can slack off, they boasted that the story was going to be awesome..uhm..no it isn't You can have an incredible story in an mmo.

That right there is debatable. I've had lots of "holy ****!" moments in TOR's story, which is a first for any MMO i've played. ME3 is good, I'm playing it now, but I don't think you are appreciating the differences in the mediums. For instance, have you stopped and asked why you can't jump out on any planet in ME3 and just wander around outside like you might see in TOR if you visited, say, Hoth? The same reason for that applies.

Maybe they want George to go re-write Episode I because of something they do in 2 years in SW:TOR.

The biggest problem is how far in past it is in the time scale..meaning what you do on your character literally means nothing.

What?

You do realize that the orginal trilogy took place in a Galaxy a Long Long time ago in a Galaxy Far Far away...

Anything done in the SWG game would have the same issue. Plus we are talking about a Video Game here, so nothing you do means anything even in the best case... Because it's all Fiction.

It's a fictional story set in a fictional universe set in a game.

If you want meaning in your life, this is not the right place to look.

Have you seen ME3's laughable user metacritic reviews? People are whining about the story and mechanics of that game too.

If any lesson is learned, it's that haters are going to hate.

The whiners are way too demanding of what they want in a game rather than enjoying what the game offers. Everything seems to end up black and white for them rather than any type of balance. I've seen so many reviews of SWTOR on the lines of "DO NOT BUY ENDGAME SUX BUT I LOVED 1-49" which is ridiculous considering that's still 120+ hours of fun.

*facepalm*

Yeah I agree. *facepalm* x2

Next order of business ladies and gentlemen: We will be comparing the how ToR also should learn from Cabella's Dangerous Hunt's 2011, Hasbro's Hungry Hungry Hippos, And Elizabeth Phillips, the creator of Monopoly.

Have you seen ME3's laughable user metacritic reviews? People are whining about the story and mechanics of that game too.

If any lesson is learned, it's that haters are going to hate.

The whiners are way too demanding of what they want in a game rather than enjoying what the game offers. Everything seems to end up black and white for them rather than any type of balance. I've seen so many reviews of SWTOR on the lines of "DO NOT BUY ENDGAME SUX BUT I LOVED 1-49" which is ridiculous considering that's still 120+ hours of fun.

What's there to do at 50? I mean besides messed up pvp..dailies..dailies and more dailies and standing around in the fleet looking for a group.

*facepalm*

I got the impression that they were both single player rpgs

Edited by Vorlander