The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Ideas for changes to Tactics PvP

eyaku

I, like alot of people, believe that Tactics tree needs help. I believe the best way to fix the tree would be to give it a small increase in damage, a small ammount of self healing, and a unique debuff that could be very helpful in pvp. I suggest:

Change gut to tick every 1.5 seconds *for half the damage that it currently tics. Increase the base damage done by the bleed by 30%

Gut now has a 7.5(not sure exactly about this number) second cooldown

Switch position of kolto recharge and combat tactics

Kolto recharge now heals you for*

1% max health if you critically hit

Serrated blades now increases critical chance of gut by 10/20/30% and has gut apply a debuff to the target increasing the targets casting time by 5/10/15%

This would also build alot more synergy in the spec. And wouldn't buff the survivability of tactics to much (for example if someone has 20% crit, using gut and 9 other abilities over a 15 second period, you would crit on average 7-8 times (depending on combat tactics proc) for 7-8% of your health over 15 seconds). The cast time debuff would also help the spec have a real reason to be brought to the upcoming rates warzones without being to Powerful. The cooldown on gut also limits the potential self-healing that would be caused spamming gut on multiple targets. These buffs still may be slightly too much (or even to little but I highly doubt that) but I'm not sure. What does everyone think?

See the other tactics thread going on. IMO though there are other things I think would work better. (i like no cd gut tbh)

Option 1: make stockstrike the rough equivalent of HiB in the assault tree. Battering Ram resets SS cd on proc. Serrated blades gives SS 50% armor pen on any target afflicted with gut.

Option 2: more significant changes to the tree/HEC. Potential changes include. (not all would be needed, just ideas)

-HEC reduces the CD of all abilities by 1 sec

-talents to convert more abilities to int/ele damage

-talents giving HiB and SS a chance to apply internal damage dots in addition to their normal damage

-talents giving SS a chance to apply guts remaining bleed damage immediately (combat tactics?), this has a lot of additional options including gut autocrit, reduced am,o cost, etc.

-talents increasing AE damage on ER and reducing ammo cost (tie to HEC or gut?)

-replace ES with ER on pulse generator

-HTL: increase ms or make it stack with BFT. Make HTL AoE for party.

-Kolto: too many options to list but make it better.

-above options

Anyway thats my opinion and a lot of the potential ideas I've had. I doubt any of it will ever change but we can dream right :) I also think tactics would benefit greatly from storm being a baseline ability and harpoon going to shield spec however ik know there are mixed opinions on this.

See the other tactics thread going on. IMO though there are other things I think would work better. (i like no cd gut tbh)

Option 1: make stockstrike the rough equivalent of HiB in the assault tree. Battering Ram resets SS cd on proc. Serrated blades gives SS 50% armor pen on any target afflicted with gut.

Option 2: more significant changes to the tree/HEC. Potential changes include. (not all would be needed, just ideas)

-HEC reduces the CD of all abilities by 1 sec

-talents to convert more abilities to int/ele damage

-talents giving HiB and SS a chance to apply internal damage dots in addition to their normal damage

-talents giving SS a chance to apply guts remaining bleed damage immediately (combat tactics?), this has a lot of additional options including gut autocrit, reduced am,o cost, etc.

-talents increasing AE damage on ER and reducing ammo cost (tie to HEC or gut?)

-replace ES with ER on pulse generator

-HTL: increase ms or make it stack with BFT. Make HTL AoE for party.

-Kolto: too many options to list but make it better.

-above options

Anyway thats my opinion and a lot of the potential ideas I've had. I doubt any of it will ever change but we can dream right :) I also think tactics would benefit greatly from storm being a baseline ability and harpoon going to shield spec however ik know there are mixed opinions on this.

I personally don't feel tactics needs buffs to its damage that are as large as ou suggest. I also don't think switching storm and harpoon is the way to go. I deffinately prefer harpoon in most situations. I'm also not sure about focusing changes into HEC. I feel that HEC is strong enough as is although the cd reduction idea does sound interesting.