Idea to stop 4 medal AFKers

Egobia

So I’ve seen it once now in a game where some got the 4 medals and went afk. I thought of a crazy idea on how to stop this act. A good way to stop those afkers would be to double the amount of medals you get if your team wins, this gives a huge incentive to win the match and not just farm medals. Since instead of the normal 4 medals you get the rewards for you could get up to 8. This forces serious players who really want to get the better gear to actually play through the whole match.

Didn't see any afkers last night...

...but if you did, here's a concept: Remember their name...then if you see em again make sure to let the group know said person is an afker.

Then, hit up their guild leader and make sure they know their guildie is an afker!

Then the problem solves itself pretty quickly.

Unless they are not in a guild. the rest of that is a good idea. I guess the term shouldnt be AFKer rather non-combantant someone who dodges gaurding objectives and hides in corners to make there team lose faster so the game is over and they get there rewards but I dont think we have a term for that yet (correct me if im wrong)

Unless they are not in a guild. the rest of that is a good idea. I guess the term shouldnt be AFKer rather non-combantant someone who dodges gaurding objectives and hides in corners to make there team lose faster so the game is over and they get there rewards but I dont think we have a term for that yet (correct me if im wrong)

There is a term for them: Dooshbag

They are not new as of patch 1.1.5 though.

There is a term for them: Dooshbag

They are not new as of patch 1.1.5 though.

In a sense they aren’t and they are. People used to do that but they could keep farming the medals while not doing anything helpful besides randomly attacking and badly healing people as a non specc’ed healer. Now they can get just the 4 and not do much else at all.

In a sense they aren’t and they are. People used to do that but they could keep farming the medals while not doing anything helpful besides randomly attacking and badly healing people as a non specc’ed healer. Now they can get just the 4 and not do much else at all.

The point is, their behavior has nothing to do with the 4 medal cap, and everything to do with them being a doosh.

Afkers will afk they will do it in your rated warzones, they are gonna do it in ilum, they will do it in your Ops.

This has nothing to do with the 4 medal count and everything to do with the fact they are going to do it regardless as long as there are rewards for losing, which their should be rewards for losing.

So is it a problem maybe but its not one you can fix.

So I’ve seen it once now in a game where some got the 4 medals and went afk. I thought of a crazy idea on how to stop this act. A good way to stop those afkers would be to double the amount of medals you get if your team wins, this gives a huge incentive to win the match and not just farm medals. Since instead of the normal 4 medals you get the rewards for you could get up to 8. This forces serious players who really want to get the better gear to actually play through the whole match.

You already get more valor and commendations (the result of medals) for winning. So this already exists and yet so do AFKers. Thus this wouldn't solve the issue.

Let's start an "AFK Hit List" thread and start making a list of guilty players. If nothing else, we can make em feel sorta silly ;-) I would certainly contribute names as they are encountered.

I do agree - you can't fix this, and the AFK'rs should go back to WoW.

Good Hunting,

Ell

I like my idea as a sorcerer. I just grip them into a fire, so they die, respawn and then get kicked :p. I think 1.2 will come with the option to report afkrs which will kick them after inactivity if I read that notes correctly.

still doesn't stop the afk'ers.

there are still many who simply don't care win or lose.. they still receive rewards.

a better solution? allow players to kick vote. 5 votes by the team resulting in being removed from group without a single reward... See how many AFK when they get nothing all day long.

Edited by DasWsup

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.