Legacy Question for new characters?

Kaderakith

The highest lvl character I have at the moment is a lvl 25 Sith Assassin, but I kinda wanna roll something else to try some other things. The question is if I make more toons before unlocking my legacy will they all auto join it once I unlock it on a toon?

They will auto join, but if you're that close, you may want to go ahead and unlock it.

Once you've unlocked your legacy, you start earning Legacy XP at level 1 on new characters. If you start a new character now, you'd lose out on the Legacy you would have gained.

They will auto join, but if you're that close, you may want to go ahead and unlock it.

Once you've unlocked your legacy, you start earning Legacy XP at level 1 on new characters. If you start a new character now, you'd lose out on the Legacy you would have gained.

Do this. I am alt a holic. I made SEVEN characters and level them up around 10-20 each before I knew about legacy (I didn't read much into it) that was a lot of wasted legacy EXP :(

Another thing to watch out for if you're an Alt-aholic is, when they do make Legacy actually functional, you'll supposedly be able to play different races in different roles and gain some bonus abilities depending on how you set up your Legacy. So if you wanted to play a Chiss smuggler with force lightning (probably an extreme example but, you get the point)...I'd restrict myself to 1-3 characters till they get the stuff implemented. Then you can really see how they have everything running, instead of relying on speculation and conjecture, and make you're characters how you want.

Could be some fun stuff ahead, so I'd have to agree...push for that unlock then build your Legacy XP. :D

you could try to get a high level friend/guildmate/random to rush you through your class quest so you unlock the legacy, because then you would be able to use the legacy on other characters even if you delete your original character

Another thing to watch out for if you're an Alt-aholic is, when they do make Legacy actually functional, you'll supposedly be able to play different races in different roles and gain some bonus abilities depending on how you set up your Legacy. So if you wanted to play a Chiss smuggler with force lightning (probably an extreme example but, you get the point)...I'd restrict myself to 1-3 characters till they get the stuff implemented. Then you can really see how they have everything running, instead of relying on speculation and conjecture, and make you're characters how you want.

Could be some fun stuff ahead, so I'd have to agree...push for that unlock then build your Legacy XP. :D

Species unlocks are based on what you have at 50. Any species you have played to level 50, unlocks for every class tied to your Legacy server. So if you have a 50 Chiss BH, you can roll up a Chiss Smuggler or Jedi Knight or Sith Warrior. Level 50 Sith Pureblood? Say hello to Sith Jedi Knights and Troopers!

Ability unlocks look like they are based on how you build relationships within your Legacy family tree. So if you have an SI that is the brother of a Trooper, then your Trooper might be able to use Force Lightning while using the Heroic Moment ability. Of course, this can all change in the next month -- but that's how it looks right now.

Seems to me that they are just waiting for the game to completely die out before they decide to add in the legacy perks.

Anyone happen to know when they are planning to actually add the legacy perks?

Early April.

Like they said in the presentation.

Seems to me that they are just waiting for the game to completely die out before they decide to add in the legacy perks.

Anyone happen to know when they are planning to actually add the legacy perks?

Patch 1.2

Just like it says all over the place.