What class to level next?

Implemented

Just finished out my commando healer and need a dps class for pvp(don't care for commando dps). With my commando I could solo elites and most champions with ease, I want this in my new class. Pref something that is hard to kill and does loads of damage in pvp. Pref not sage or sorc not a fan of either(just not me). Please posf your thoughts below.

Gunslinger.

With Corso tanking for you, you should be able to burn down elites easily. Gunslingers have very strong dps, they aren't faceroll by any means though, so it takes dedication to learn you class and react accordingly in PvP.

Barring that, I would suggest Sentinel. They also start with a tank pet and melt face.

Gunslinger.

With Corso tanking for you, you should be able to burn down elites easily. Gunslingers have very strong dps, they aren't faceroll by any means though, so it takes dedication to learn you class and react accordingly in PvP.

Barring that, I would suggest Sentinel. They also start with a tank pet and melt face.

Really? I always saw Gunslingers/Sniper as the most frustrating PVP classes, they're close to useless in Huttball too.

Sounds like the OP wants a DPS specced Guardian/Juggernaut. They're hard to kill, make great tanks in Huttball, and can DPS effectively when appropriately geared/specced.

The 'solo champions' part is going to limit your list a bit I think. Gunslingers are off, for sure (at least I never could on mine). I could on my sage, specced healing. Didn't even bother trying on my marauder. People claim to on tank characters with a healer companion, which is possible though not nearly as easy I'm sure as a healer with a tank companion (it's really easy, just time consuming).

I'll second the gunslinger suggestion, I've got a lowbie Sniper (Imp mirror class) that I do extremely well with. I'm running engineer spec, which has an awful lot of mobility for a class that is tied to the cover mechanic.

My recommendation for your DPS toon will be to level Biochem. Having reusable medpacks that heal both you and your companion make soloing anything a breeze.

Narrowed down to Vnguard, Shadow, and Guardian any input?

You've already made a Commando, so I wouldn't go Vanguard as that's the same storyline (might as well switch it up and see something new). It's also a thrill to surprise someone by popping out of stealth and slicing them down. So I'd go for Shadow.

Edited by efylinx

You've already made a Commando, so I wouldn't go Vanguard as that's the same storyline (might as well switch it up and see something new). It's also a thrill to surprise someone by popping out of stealth and slicing them down. So I'd go for Shadow.

Don't mind doing the same story if the class actually performs well

i have 50 comando,50 vanguard,50 sniper and 44 shadow and on my experience i can tell you that for solo the vanguard on shield spec win hands down.

you can solo x4 heroic misions,champions of your level and clear fp of your level (but only trash)by solo i meaning you and elara dorne.

on pvp for under 50 bracket u can go shield spec and with tank equipment and you gonna be the first on damage on every pvp and for lvl 50 bracket go dps and u wont do comando numbers(600k)but u can put good numbers(400k) and u have interrupt,pull to you and aoe stun where the comando havent.

on my opinion for pve the vanguar win,for pvp the sniper would my choice but if u want one char for pve and pvp i would prefer the vanguard