The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Powertechs and Scatterguns

Well, we all know that Powertechs would be better due to the DPS aspect of the class, and not being able to use carbines and rifles, so scatterguns, which are shotguns, would be great. It would be a great tanking thing! Plus, it would mirror our image of Boba Fett, which is why most people play bounty hunter

Scatterguns are not a main weapons, they are the republic answer to the Agent's vibroknife (yeh I know we get dumb tiny blades and they get shotguns, its a cruel world)

But basically, its an accessory for melee range special attacks.

Also fairly sure Boba Fett used a Blaster rifle, not a scattergun. PT is more inspired of Jango Fett, who used a single blaster.

At any rate, this is a trivial matter as attack are adjusted to give the exact same damage.

Scatterguns are not a main weapons, they are the republic answer to the Agent's vibroknife (yeh I know we get dumb tiny blades and they get shotguns, its a cruel world)

But basically, its an accessory for melee range special attacks.

Also fairly sure Boba Fett used a Blaster rifle, not a scattergun. PT is more inspired of Jango Fett, who used a single blaster.

At any rate, this is a trivial matter as attack are adjusted to give the exact same damage.

Well, if Bioware could make it to a full on weapon and give smugglers vibroknives just cause, it would work. And no, MERCS are inspired by Jango, because he wielded 2 blasters

Well, if Bioware could make it to a full on weapon and give smugglers vibroknives just cause, it would work. And no, MERCS are inspired by Jango, because he wielded 2 blasters

Been a while I watched episode 2 since its not exactly my favorite, but I'm fairly sure he uses only one both against Kenobi and Windu (yeh maybe he should have used 2 with the later :p)

At the light of what was said, I know exactly what you can do tough, to get a shotgun!

Go play SWG.

Been a while I watched episode 2 since its not exactly my favorite, but I'm fairly sure he uses only one both against Kenobi and Windu (yeh maybe he should have used 2 with the later :p)

At the light of what was said, I know exactly what you can do tough, to get a shotgun!

Go play SWG.

First of all, if SWG were still around then we wouldn't be playing this.

Second of all, he used 2 pistols against Kenobi and only one against Windu because he lost his offhand during his escape from Kamino.

First of all, if SWG were still around then we wouldn't be playing this.

Second of all, he used 2 pistols against Kenobi and only one against Windu because he lost his offhand during his escape from Kamino.

And this is obviously a very strong balancing argument.

I still don't see how you fit the demands for a lot of changes on "itz cooler!"

You want a BH-class with a rifle? Get a Vanguard.

Get real.

Tiny? Have you seen the size of the blades you leave inside people? "That's not a knife. THAT's a knife".

For some strange reason, Kaliyo has shotgun animations but uses a shield. And I suspect, the character is stuck in animation longer with the shotgun. Don't tell the Republic guys that, cause it won't be the first time their mirror gets stuck in longer animations.

Get real.

Wat? I'm not talking about any of the underlined.

Comprehension fail.

Wat? I'm not talking about any of the underlined.

Comprehension fail.

There is no comprehension fail. You are claiming you want to change a class weapons because a character from a non-bioware game and a movie one use another weapon. Even worse, you want them to make a class of weapon that is an offhand special attack into a main weapon, all of this for aesthetic reasons.

My point hold. Get real.

There is no comprehension fail. You are claiming you want to change a class weapons because a character from a non-bioware game and a movie one use another weapon. Even worse, you want them to make a class of weapon that is an offhand special attack into a main weapon, all of this for aesthetic reasons.

My point hold. Get real.

Go see an optometrist. I am neither the OP nor have I ever said "I want bountyhunters to use scatterguns". I've never even voiced my opinion on the matter, simply corrected an erroneous post.

If I have, point it out.

Edited by BlazingShadow

Go see an optometrist. I am neither the OP nor have I ever said "I want bountyhunters to use scatterguns". I've never even voiced my opinion on the matter, simply corrected an erroneous post.

If I have, point it out.

True, you didn't claim this I withdraw that part.

For the rest, my point hold as far as this thread revelancy goes.

Pistols aren't broken, vanguards aren't stupidly more powerful than PT due to them. This is purely people that absolutely want their PT to be a Bobba Fett carbon copy.

True, you didn't claim this I withdraw that part.

For the rest, my point hold as far as this thread revelancy goes.

Pistols aren't broken, vanguards aren't stupidly more powerful than PT due to them. This is purely people that absolutely want their PT to be a Bobba Fett carbon copy.

And that we can agree on.

Get real.

Vanguard rifles shoot lightning, which they did because shooting blasters at 10m would be idiotic :rolleyes: Shotguns make sense for them at least, BHs have cool flame thrower effects. BTW the pistol sucks regardless.

Edited by Rotm