White Crystals Limited Time Only

Alxandria

You can have that definitive answer: There are no plans of making the white crystal craftable in 1.2 or the 1.2.x patch timeline.

May you be able to craft in several months? Maybe. Not decided yet. If so, it would not be easy.

LINK

My question, are the White Crystals BOP or BOE? I ask cause all my fortune is on the Imperial side but I want it for my Fledgling Jedi Knight (LVL 30 and I only play her with roommates, so maybe once a week). If it's BOE, I can buy it and save it when we get crossfaction mail, but if it's BOP, I have to start making arrangements to get my cash across the faction lines.

Edited by Alxandria
Fixing Quote

I'm really not a fan of this. It only punishes people who took the time to play alts, like BioWare wanted us to, and who don't have millions of credits lying around because we haven't been doing end-game dailies for weeks.

In this game, more than any other, rewards should be about story, not about cash sinks.

All modification items are boe..

DO NOT, DO NOT, take the above statement as true.

As far as I have seen they are BIND ON PICKUP.

DO NOT buy one intending to trade/transfer it.

It will have been wasted.

Read the tooltips, the top of the WHITE crystals say Bind on Pickup.

Hope you didn't make a mistake :o

I'm really not a fan of this. It only punishes people who took the time to play alts, like BioWare wanted us to, and who don't have millions of credits lying around because we haven't been doing end-game dailies for weeks.

In this game, more than any other, rewards should be about story, not about cash sinks.

I have to agree..

While I understand the point of it all, and that some players don't even like the white color crystals..

Why reward the players that were able to get a lot of credits just because you want them to stop having a lot of credits..

A lot of the players that have a high amount of credits aren't helpless and can earn the amount again....

Rather than encouraging the rich to let go of some of their credits, I see this more as a "Hey, you have a large amount of ingame currency, here come buy some of these items and then go make what you spent back.."

It's as if the targetted audience are the players that have a ton of credits, but are helpless to earn more...

Not many of those types of players exist...

Most that have a lot, can get a lot again..

If anything, what it's doing, is punishing those that don't have a lot.. and not because a lot of players can't afford them..

It's the players that can barely afford them, but want them so bad they blow everything for them...

Those are the players that are affected by it.

The same can be said by the rich players that are buying a ton of speeders...

They're going to make BANK after 1.1.5 when they already had bank...

Not much thought into it IMO.

DO NOT, DO NOT, take the above statement as true.

As far as I have seen they are BIND ON PICKUP.

DO NOT buy one intending to trade/transfer it.

It will have been wasted.

Read the tooltips, the top of the WHITE crystals say Bind on Pickup.

Hope you didn't make a mistake :o

I won't be able to play for a bit, I'm just trying to get a straight answer and determining if I have enough cred on the republic side to post something to do the whole Hutt Cartel Transfer technique.

On a separate note, I am one of those alt players, which is why I'm trying to solve how to get the credits to the republic side. I don't do dailies, space missions, HMs. All I do is sell crafting mats. I send my companions on 340 missions that I buy, and sell the mats I get, and profit. Laziest way to make cash for me (I used to go out and farm them, but that detracted from alt playing time.)

Here's what I think is ironic...BioWare perfectly willing to restrict crystals (and other items) via cash gates, but if it's a restriction due to lore...well then can't have that! We must implement because of FUN! Well, where's the same criteria when applied to purchases, eh BW?

lol

On a separate note, I am one of those alt players, which is why I'm trying to solve how to get the credits to the republic side.

Isn't terribly hard to figure out, assuming imp and repub characters can't directly trade with each other.

You basically have 2 options.

Option 1: have your repub guy put some random grade 1 mat up for sale for as much as your repub can afford the deposit.

imp guy with all the $$$ buys the mat.

Repeat until repub guy has enough $$$. I don't know what % the hutt fee is (I *think* the regular GTN fee is in single digit %'s, but not totally sure. I just remember it being so low I didn't bother taking it into account when figuring what to sell stuff for.)

So transferring 2.5 million this way will probably end up costing less than 250k in "loss", assuming the fee isn't that different..

Option 2: put some number of really expensive stuff up for sale on the GTN for real cheap on the imp side, then buy them with your poor repub guy, who then turns around and sells them back at full price on the repub side.

Assuming it's stuff you'd be selling yourself anyways, this is almost certainly less lossy than the direct cash way, but you'll be (obviously) running the risk of somebody else intercepting the shipment on the Hutt network. If it's stuff you're buying just to do the cash transfer, and going prices are roughly equivelent, well... you're probably losing out as much as you would do the first method... which is probably a safer method. If, however, you manage to find stuff to buy on the imp side that's substantially cheaper than it is on the repub side, (light side gear perhaps, Jedi only wearable schematics, etc.?) Then you may actually manage to pull off a profit doing the transfer.

I understand trying to keep the crystals rare with the huge price tag, and using them to try and flush the economy clean, but since they are bop that really puts people in a bind either this needs to be changed or they should keep the vendor for idk maybe an extra week after patch 1.2 so that the legacy alts can receive the white crystals. For myself I would like to have an imperial Miraluka Assasin wielding a double bladed white lightsaber. But by making the item bop I'm not able to make that combination possible. They are limiting the items from these cool alt combinations that they want people to play as. The only reason this bothers me is because Silver is my favorite color and white is the closest I'm going to get for a long time if ever in this game and I find it rather pointless having white blaster fire I'd rather have it in a lightsaber. I have waited to make my force users for the sole purpose of the new race combinations in the legacy system. I guess if this doesn't change I will have to make a Miraluka on the republic side and make it my only republic alt. I just wish the developers would take this into consideration when making these types of limitations. So I hope this thread gets some much deserved bumps. But overall I'm pleased with what the developers are trying to accomplish.

I understand trying to keep the crystals rare with the huge price tag, and using them to try and flush the economy clean, but since they are bop that really puts people in a bind either this needs to be changed or they should keep the vendor for idk maybe an extra week after patch 1.2 so that the legacy alts can receive the white crystals. For myself I would like to have an imperial Miraluka Assasin wielding a double bladed white lightsaber. But by making the item bop I'm not able to make that combination possible. They are limiting the items from these cool alt combinations that they want people to play as. The only reason this bothers me is because Silver is my favorite color and white is the closest I'm going to get for a long time if ever in this game and I find it rather pointless having white blaster fire I'd rather have it in a lightsaber. I have waited to make my force users for the sole purpose of the new race combinations in the legacy system. I guess if this doesn't change I will have to make a Miraluka on the republic side and make it my only republic alt. I just wish the developers would take this into consideration when making these types of limitations. So I hope this thread gets some much deserved bumps. But overall I'm pleased with what the developers are trying to accomplish.

I would be VERY opposed to white becoming BoE..

Sure.. SOME people would actually put them on alts..

The majority would use them as yet another way to make money...

In other words, the rich people that play the GTN (you know who you are) ruin it for the people that could care less.

If you play the GTN and want a white one on a legacy alt, then you have only yourself to blame.

Playing the GTN isn't a BAD thing, it's possible and not an exploit.

But the Developers likely aren't going to incorporate a system that would allow the rich to make more of a killing, making the credit sink useless.