Chiss! Yeah, I got more questions.

Vlayue

Well one mainly:

What's their faith or religion? Someone in game the other day mentioned something about worshiping a black spider of some sort. Spent over an hour or two trying to find any reference to chiss religion and despite finding a few articles where the ascendency had reestablished groups based loosely around religions that are dead.....I found nothing.

Also what's up with Chiss and force sensitivity? I find modeling this character I'm currently playing (RP server) to be challenging because of the lack of chiss information.

Well one mainly:

What's their faith or religion? Someone in game the other day mentioned something about worshiping a black spider of some sort. Spent over an hour or two trying to find any reference to chiss religion and despite finding a few articles where the ascendency had reestablished groups based loosely around religions that are dead.....I found nothing.

Also what's up with Chiss and force sensitivity? I find modeling this character I'm currently playing (RP server) to be challenging because of the lack of chiss information.

Uh. I'm not aware of that being the Chiss religions. :S I've never heard that, I think it's just something someone made up.

Chiss Force Sensitivity is EXTREMELY rare. There have only been two or three known Chiss force users...

Well one mainly:

What's their faith or religion? Someone in game the other day mentioned something about worshiping a black spider of some sort.

Thats a Drow reference lol.. But i dont think he was serious.

Chiss are very reclusive and mysterious so we lack info on that part, even tho they were one of the original race of the Expended universe (well at least the decent one.. Marvel Star Wars was cheesy!)

Ah..no he was being serious but a lot of what I read I take with a grain of salt before I do research.

It was funny.. I went to this website that was literally called the chiss ascendency and they had a "history" section ..mind you the sites like 3-5 years old...you click on the section "Coming soon". Lol...

So there is no real faith that I can find. That's cool I suppose. Would a chiss be able to serve the empire as an agent yet retain their allegiance (albeit secret) to the Chiss ascendency? Maybe a sleeper agent or an agent simply there to make sure the empire acts within the best interests of the Chiss ascendency at least to the effect of never trying to "conquer" any of the chiss worlds?

Ah..no he was being serious but a lot of what I read I take with a grain of salt before I do research.

It was funny.. I went to this website that was literally called the chiss ascendency and they had a "history" section ..mind you the sites like 3-5 years old...you click on the section "Coming soon". Lol...

So there is no real faith that I can find. That's cool I suppose. Would a chiss be able to serve the empire as an agent yet retain their allegiance (albeit secret) to the Chiss ascendency? Maybe a sleeper agent or an agent simply there to make sure the empire acts within the best interests of the Chiss ascendency at least to the effect of never trying to "conquer" any of the chiss worlds?

The Chiss Government aligned themselves with the Sith Empire during this time period but remains separate from the Empire.

Would a chiss be able to serve the empire as an agent yet retain their allegiance (albeit secret) to the Chiss ascendency? Maybe a sleeper agent or an agent simply there to make sure the empire acts within the best interests of the Chiss ascendency at least to the effect of never trying to "conquer" any of the chiss worlds?

I don't really see an issue with that, having watched through most of Act I of an IA playthrough (my friend and I are leveling together). If other problems with such an arrangement come up later, maybe someone will mention it down-thread. ;)

My Chiss BH's parents work in a situation somewhat similar to what you've proposed; they are citizens of the Ascendancy who work for the Empire, using their experience and expertise to benefit allies of the Ascendancy. Kinda like Ziva David on NCIS, if you're familiar with it. XD I imagine they also make sure that various information gets back to the Ascendancy, and I would think that the Empire expects that, too.

Edited by Jenovan

He may have been serious, but he was confused or heard bad info from someone else. Bluish-skinned beings worshiping a spider god(dess) is definitely Drow from D&D/Forgotten Realms. Some of the Chiss skin tones are very Drow-like; I can't recall offhand if they have a white hair color option, but with the right skin and white hair, you could make a semi-decent Drow...just with red eyes and no pointy ears.

just with red eyes and no pointy ears.

Drow have red irises :p

Whoever told him Chiss worship a giant spider clearly made the connection, clearly banked on a SW fan not knowing much of the Drow, and clearly was trolling.

But yea, the Chiss are as mysterious as they are creepy as **** with their pupilless monocolor eyes.

Uh. I'm not aware of that being the Chiss religions. :S I've never heard that, I think it's just something someone made up.

Chiss Force Sensitivity is EXTREMELY rare. There have only been two or three known Chiss force users...

It's not that they're rare, it's that they're shunned. There are more Force Sensitives than that but they had it because their culture looks down on Force Sensitives. Don't know the reason though.