Guild Summit: Mac users better really want it...

RuQu

And i told you one last thing, as a .net, java, asp, sql, abap, c, c#, c++ and objective-C I can tell you one thing, No developer out there, not a seroiusly one at least, buys a mac for his one projects or has a freaking mac at the office exept if he is actualy doing something FOR macs.

Macs have 0 compatibility out of the box with microsoft, but microsoft has done the imposible to be compatible with apple, they just dont like it.

And you rly forget something, What was APPLE before Iphone?

I'm 23y old and I'm have been building my own PC's since 12. Started developing at 15, and i only have a mac mini because of some "only mac" work. Fundation librarys outside mac? forget it apple will never let that happen.

• Replies 791
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL nooo you're* funny

Xerox had the mouse true, but they couldn't make it right, Jobs BOUGHT the rights to its design and then made it BETTER.

LOL stole it haha

***???

THEY DID THE WHOLE FREAKING UI, QWERTY KEYBOARD and MOUSE, THE deskopt mac/pc as you know it was because of XEROX and a women

Jobs dint bought a thing, they just walk in and made the same thing with and apple in it and name it LISA after his doughter.

Men there is even a movie of it.

Educate your self plz

This mac users all they see is what they buy

Edited by Kennkra

I think its freaking hilllllarious that people keep saying Apple is a crappy company and needs to die and can't come out with anything worth using. It is the LARGEST company on the stock market. it took over EVERY other company, even oil companies. It is estimated to have 76 Billion dollars worth of cash on hand to do with whatever they please. That's cash sitting there with no purpose for now. Get used to it, ITS NOT GOING ANYWHERE...

Mac-4-Life

Edited by Bzin

Uhmm no again but i guess you don't look up the history. Kids now a days

I didn't need to look up the history, I was there. Well, I wasn't there physically, but I watched the event. I even remember reading it on the news. Funny thing was I was a pc guy at the time (had an IBM think pad with win 95 on it :D ).

I also remember something Steve Jobs said at the time: for Apple to win, MS doesn't have to lose (paraphrasing). Macs and Windows PCs can and have lived side by side just fine. Many people have both. Many Mac users run Windows on their macs. Which is why Mac users will continue to push software developers to create multi platform clients, ports, whatever.

Yes, Bootcamp was one of the best things to happen to Mac cause it let Apple users live in a Windows world. But it's only a workaround, it's not the ultimate goal: where anyone can walk in a store, and pick up a piece of software and not have to look on the back to see what OS it can run on.

Re-read my post and think about way u said. Did i ever say without Xerox Apple wouldn't exist? No. So don't assume stuff

Here you go

Xerox PARC

The Xerox Star Workstation introduced the first GUI Operating systems.

Engelbart's work directly led to the advances at Xerox PARC. Several people went from SRI to Xerox PARC in the early 1970s. In 1973, Xerox PARC developed the Alto personal computer. It had a bitmapped screen, and was the first computer to demonstrate the desktop metaphor and graphical user interface (GUI). It was not a commercial product, but several thousand units were built and were heavily used at PARC, as well as other XEROX offices, and at several universities for many years. The Alto greatly influenced the design of personal computers during the late 1970s and early 1980s, notably the Three Rivers PERQ, the Apple Lisa and Macintosh, and the first Sun workstations.

The GUI was first developed at Xerox PARC by Alan Kay, Larry Tesler, Dan Ingalls and a number of other researchers. It used windows, icons, and menus (including the first fixed drop-down menu) to support commands such as opening files, deleting files, moving files, etc. In 1974, work began at PARC on Gypsy, the first bitmap What-You-See-Is-What-You-Get (WYSIWYG) cut & paste editor. In 1975, Xerox engineers demonstrated a Graphical User Interface "including icons and the first use of pop-up menus".[3]

In 1981 Xerox introduced a pioneering product, Star, incorporating many of PARC's innovations. Although not commercially successful, Star greatly influenced future developments, for example at Apple, Microsoft and Sun Microsystems.[4]

Educate your self before talking about things you don't even have a clue.

***???

THEY DID THE WHOLE FREAKING UI, QWERTY KEYBOARD and MOUSE, THE deskopt mac/pc as you know it was because of XEROX and a women

Jobs dint bought a thing, they just walk in and made the same thing with and apple in it and name it LISA after his doughter.

Men there is even a movie of it.

Educate your self plz

This mac users all they see is what they buy

So i guess MS stole Apples idea for an MP3 player then? The Zune or whatever? It don't make a difference. The thing bout Xerox and Apple? Apple just made it work a whole lot better whether they bought it or "Stole" it. LOL

I didn't need to look up the history, I was there. Well, I wasn't there physically, but I watched the event. I even remember reading it on the news. Funny thing was I was a pc guy at the time (had an IBM think pad with win 95 on it :D ).

I also remember something Steve Jobs said at the time: for Apple to win, MS doesn't have to lose (paraphrasing). Macs and Windows PCs can and have lived side by side just fine. Many people have both. Many Mac users run Windows on their macs. Which is why Mac users will continue to push software developers to create multi platform clients, ports, whatever.

Yes, Bootcamp was one of the best things to happen to Mac cause it let Apple users live in a Windows world. But it's only a workaround, it's not the ultimate goal: where anyone can walk in a store, and pick up a piece of software and not have to look on the back to see what OS it can run on.

I don't have an issue with either company I like both, I love Apple Laptops and Windows desktops.

I also will hate the new Windows 8

Here you go

Xerox PARC

The Xerox Star Workstation introduced the first GUI Operating systems.

Engelbart's work directly led to the advances at Xerox PARC. Several people went from SRI to Xerox PARC in the early 1970s. In 1973, Xerox PARC developed the Alto personal computer. It had a bitmapped screen, and was the first computer to demonstrate the desktop metaphor and graphical user interface (GUI). It was not a commercial product, but several thousand units were built and were heavily used at PARC, as well as other XEROX offices, and at several universities for many years. The Alto greatly influenced the design of personal computers during the late 1970s and early 1980s, notably the Three Rivers PERQ, the Apple Lisa and Macintosh, and the first Sun workstations.

The GUI was first developed at Xerox PARC by Alan Kay, Larry Tesler, Dan Ingalls and a number of other researchers. It used windows, icons, and menus (including the first fixed drop-down menu) to support commands such as opening files, deleting files, moving files, etc. In 1974, work began at PARC on Gypsy, the first bitmap What-You-See-Is-What-You-Get (WYSIWYG) cut & paste editor. In 1975, Xerox engineers demonstrated a Graphical User Interface "including icons and the first use of pop-up menus".[3]

In 1981 Xerox introduced a pioneering product, Star, incorporating many of PARC's innovations. Although not commercially successful, Star greatly influenced future developments, for example at Apple, Microsoft and Sun Microsystems.[4]

Educate your self before talking about things you don't even have a clue.

LOL Again, i never said Apple could exist WITHOUT xerox where the hell u reading cuz i never said that crap

So i guess MS stole Apples idea for an MP3 player then? The Zune or whatever? It don't make a difference. The thing bout Xerox and Apple? Apple just made it work a whole lot better whether they bought it or "Stole" it. LOL

So you argument just got owned and you are switching topics?

MP3?

The frist mp3's players started at 1999 with multiple companys making them.

A company named Fraunhofer was responsable of the ENCODE behin what you call a .mp3 today. Apple didnt do a thing, they just said "You want a iphone that can't make calls? here you go, ipod. know you can carry a iphone and a ipod" The frist ipods where garbage and ppl buy it becose there where the only mayor brand doing it.

LOL Again, i never said Apple could exist WITHOUT xerox where the hell u reading cuz i never said that crap

LOL nooo you're* funny

Xerox had the mouse true, but they couldn't make it right, Jobs BOUGHT the rights to its design and then made it BETTER.

LOL stole it haha

RLy, you are going to tell me that you never said that?

Edited by Kennkra

So you argument just got owned and you are switching topics?

MP3?

The frist mp3's players started at 1999 with multiple companys making them.

A company named Fraunhofer was responsable of the ENCODE behin what you call a .mp3 today. Apple didnt do a thing, they just said "You want a iphone that can't make calls? here you go, ipod. know you can carry a iphone and a ipod" The frist ipods where garbage and ppl buy it becose there where the only mayor brand doing it.

LOL never say Apple made the idea i Said Apple made it more popular.

I find myself having trouble getting used to the new interface on Win 8 too. Even with all the keyboard shortcuts, I find alot of it just seems unnessasary. Maybe I just find the desktop "disappearing" whenever I do a search unnerving.

Although I'm sure it'll be boss on tablets though.

I find myself having trouble getting used to the new interface on Win 8 too. Even with all the keyboard shortcuts, I find alot of it just seems unnessasary. Maybe I just find the desktop "disappearing" whenever I do a search unnerving.

Although I'm sure it'll be boss on tablets though.

They got the idea for that kind of desktop from there windows phone.

Sorry I will have my phone an desktop, but don't combine the two lol

LOL never say Apple made the idea i Said Apple made it more popular.

No, you where saying microsoft stole the idea from apple

The ignorance you have has no limits, go read somethiung and then come back.. Just reading things like this makes me wonder why you have a mac

You DO know that without the Mac, Windows might never have been here? IE Bill Gates NEEDED Steve Jobs. No Steve Jobs(if he never existed) = maybe no Windows

Also bootcamp isn't something u run. Oh wait poster above me already said that.....

Uhm, no LOL, unlike Microsoft(Which I have no problem with at all) Apple makes there own Hardware(Computers etc) and Software(OS, etc) Where Microsoft only makes Software. So ur statement is wrong and stupid. Apple could live on without MS but MS couldn't have even started without Apple I suggest reading the history of the two company's before trying to prove someone wrong, but u just look dumb.

APPLE MAKES HARDWARE??? LOL??? they pick up the phone, calls foxxcon and say "hey dude, make me 15millon i5 2500k, kthxbb"

The only thing they do that microsoft doesnt is DESING CASES

bb men, going to play some games without bootcamp with my high end pc that cost MUCH MUCH MUCH less than a mac and runs better xD, k?

Edited by Kennkra

No, you where saying microsoft stole the idea from apple

The ignorance you have has no limits, go read somethiung and then come back.. Just reading things like this makes me wonder why you have a mac

APPLE MAKES HARDWARE??? LOL??? they pick up the phone, calls foxxcon and say "hey dude, make me 15millon i5 2500k, kthxbb"

The only thing they do that microsoft doesnt is DESING CASES

LOL, they might not "make" it now, but back when they first started they did LOL. MS never made anything themselves, hell Bill Gates had to steal from Jobs when he first made an OS. So you can keep telling me Jobs stole this, Jobs stole that, but don't you forget that Bill Gates stole a lot of stuff too.

LOL, they might not "make" it now, but back when they first started they did LOL. MS never made anything themselves, hell Bill Gates had to steal from Jobs when he first made an OS. So you can keep telling me Jobs stole this, Jobs stole that, but don't you forget that Bill Gates stole a lot of stuff too.

You know that Steve jobs said this:

"Good artists copy great artists steal"

right?

Anyway, steve jobs is dead and never donated anything, Bill gates donated more than half his fortune and he is still kicking (a few moths or years ago he donated 30000000000u$s and when he dies he is going to donated all his fortune leaving his kids 1m)

SO plz stop defending a dead ******e that didn't even reconize his own doughter and never helped her

Edited by Kennkra

BS. MS bought their first OS and leased it to IBM L2History.

edit: ahhh, the wonders of ignore. If only I could port it to the actual game.

Edited by Apocalypsezero

Yeah, that's one version of history. Or there's also:

In 1983, Microsoft sprang a surprise with a new operating system for PCs using an interface like the Mac’s – Windows. Jobs “went ballistic”, demanding an explanation and saying: “I want him in this room by tomorrow afternoon, or else.”

Gates arrived alone to find himself surrounded by 10 Apple employees. “You’re ripping us off,” Jobs shouted.

But Gates looked him in the eye, and said in his squeaky voice, “Well, Steve, I think there’s more than one way of looking at it. I think it’s more like we both had this rich neighbour named Xerox and I broke into his house to steal the TV set and found out that you had already stolen it.”

You DO know that without the Mac, Windows might never have been here? IE Bill Gates NEEDED Steve Jobs. No Steve Jobs(if he never existed) = maybe no Windows

Also bootcamp isn't something u run. Oh wait poster above me already said that.....

If you're trying to claim that windows ripped off MAc then that's utterly hilarious. The reality is Apple AND Microsoft ripped off Xerox and the GUI they had developed.

IF you're trying to claim that computers only exist because of Apple then all I can do is laugh at that.

That's been blatantly obvious in this thread. Your irrational hatred of a stable and secure OS has lead you down a very dark path.

You can change the interface BTW. You can easily set win8 to look like win7 or even classic windows. Edited by Tool_of_Society

Apple had $6 billion dollars in cash. That was an investment by Microsoft to a) keep the DOJ off of their back and b) make money.

And it did both for them.

Edited by Lethality

If you're trying to claim that windows ripped off MAc then that's utterly hilarious. The reality is Apple AND Microsoft ripped off Xerox and the GUI they had developed.

IF you're trying to claim that computers only exist because of Apple then all I can do is laugh at that.

The only things that exist thanks to apple are ppl like "DarkSamink" all the other ideas exept their freaking logo "apple" they steal it from other companys, the ipod, the iphone, the ipad.

The only real thing they invented are the notebooks/laptops back in the 90s but STEVE JOBS WASNT IN CHARGE OF APPLE IT SELF. oh the irony, the only thing they ever came up to at it wasnt from steve jobs

Xerox had an idea for a GUI, but Apple developed the idea. Microsoft literally stole the idea from Apple from a product Apple was ready to bring to market. Xerox wasn't. Big difference.

Xerox had an idea for a GUI, but Apple developed the idea. Microsoft literally stole the idea from Apple from a product Apple was ready to bring to market. Xerox wasn't. Big difference.
Xerox had developed the user interface in software AND hardware which Apple then stole and released as Lisa. You cannot say MS stole it and Apple didn't because they did the exact same thing.

Hell even Sun Microsystems got in on the act.