Guild Summit: Mac users better really want it...

RuQu

Seeing you apple people post saying its better for editing purposes is a laughable statement. I (Indie dev) use PC's for everything and will never touch a apple computer. PC's are way better than mac's and if you do not believe that you are kidding yourself.

• Replies 791
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mac doesn't have less viruses because it's more secure. It has less viruses because nobody wants to make software for a platform with only 10.7% market share, not even hackers. It has less viruses because it has less of all software, and no iphone apps don't count.

Not true.

LINK ANY OF THEM.

Edited by Lethality

Actually i can make IOS games on a pc, i just can't compile them on it

And really, you think paying twice the hardware value is justified by being able to compile IOS games?

Meanwhile you're missing out on the vast majority of games and software

Internet is full of complains but it's also full of people who have no idea how to tweak and secure their system. The only thing that proves is those people are computer illiterate

No, the Mac HAS the vast majority of games and software available. You can keep the ****. We have the best, the cream of the crop.

SW:TOR is honestly the ONLY game that I personally can't play natively.

Seeing you apple people post saying its better for editing purposes is a laughable statement. I (Indie dev) use PC's for everything and will never touch a apple computer. PC's are way better than mac's and if you do not believe that you are kidding yourself.

With an approach like that, you'll be an indie in your garage for a long, long, long time. Probably forever.

bootcamp is not the only option but it is imo the best option. i have been playing since beta on a 2011 mbp and the game runs great. the only difficulty is keeping your video drivers up to date. apple seems to have very little interest in keeping the drivers up to date so you have to dig around for the most current AMD drivers.

yes a full install of windows 7 is expensive but considering it allows you to play any recent PC release justifies it for me. i mean if all the haters are correct guild wars 2 is going to kill this game but im not worried because i can play that too :)

The only real option is to NOT play TOR, and show BioWare with your dollars. Do not buy and install Windows just to play TOR. You will never see Mac support if you do.

No, the Mac HAS the vast majority of games and software available. You can keep the ****. We have the best, the cream of the crop.

SW:TOR is honestly the ONLY game that I personally can't play natively.

oh dear...

That is simply false and to be frank you come off as a massive apple fanboy with no facts to support your claims

Go download Steam and compare the titles available on windows and osx then come back to me

How anyone could even suggest mac have more software and games available is simply beyond me. It's so blatantly false i don't know if i should laugh or cry

Edited by lineschmidt

oh dear...

That is simply false and to be frank you come off as a massive apple fanboy with no facts to support your claims

Go download Steam and compare the title available on windows and osx then come back to me

Oh dear, another misinformed soul...

The Mac had just over 70% of the top selling games last year available natively for it. Go check the NPD, the body that measures it.

As I said, it isn't 70% of all games, because you Windows users can keep the ****. But we have 70% of the best. And I believe, that qualifies as MOST.

Oh dear, another misinformed soul...

The Mac had just over 70% of the top selling games last year available natively for it. Go check the NPD, the body that measures it.

As I said, it isn't 70% of all games, because you Windows users can keep the ****. But we have 70% of the best. And I believe, that qualifies as MOST.

Of the top selling games...That's not close to the vast majority as you claimed:rolleyes:

The numbers are even more skewed for software. You have no clue

Here is the list of Steam games

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Steam_games

Notice only a few of those are on mac

Also, i'd like to read the NPD article you're talking about. Care to link it?

Edited by lineschmidt

Of the top selling games...That's not close to the vast majority as you claimed:rolleyes:

The numbers are even more skewed for software. You have no clue

I didn't claim it, the OP did.

Besides, why would we want anything other than the best available? Why do we want 2000 ****** games when we get all of the best ones? Windows fools soak up that **** like sponges and it's hilarious.

The numbers are even MORE favorable for regular software. The Mac simply wins in quality, not quantity.

Who has no clue?

I didn't claim it, the OP did.

Besides, why would we want anything other than the best available? Why do we want 2000 ****** games when we get all of the best ones? Windows fools soak up that **** like sponges and it's hilarious.

The numbers are even MORE favorable for regular software. The Mac simply wins in quality, not quantity.

Who has no clue?

Proof please. You have none

Also, where is the link proving 70% of top selling games were on mac?

Stop ranting and provide some links to back your biased claims

Again, have a look here

Edited by lineschmidt

Proof please. You have none

Also, where is the link proving 70% of top selling games were on mac?

Stop ranting and provide some links to back your biased claims

Again, have a look here

Look, I understand you are new here. I'm trying to help you.

This has been covered, re-covered and covered again ad nausem with proof, links, data, back up and wasted time for more than 3 years. I'm not about to waste more of my own.

I gave you the measuring body, the NPD Group. You no doubt have access to Google.

Have at it.

Here's a quick list from 2009 (2011 doesn't appear to be released yet, and I can't find 2010). You're welcome to keep searching. Seeing as how you are intent on proving yourself wrong.

Only number 5 and number 10 are not available for the Mac. So that's 80%. Not 70%.

My bad.

1 PC The Sims 3 Electronic Arts Jun-09

2 PC World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King Expansion Pack Blizzard Entertainment

(Activision Blizzard) Nov-08

3 PC The Sims 2 Double Deluxe Electronic Arts Apr-08

4 PC World of Warcraft: Battle Chest Blizzard Entertainment

(Activision Blizzard) Sept-07

5 PC Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Activision

(Activision Blizzard) Nov-09

6 PC World of Warcraft Blizzard Entertainment

(Activision Blizzard) Nov-04

7 PC The Sims 3: World Adventures Expansion Pack Electronic Arts Nov-09

8 PC Spore Electronic Arts Sept-08

9 PC Dragon Age: Origins Electronic Arts Oct-09

10 PC Empire: Total War Sega of America Mar-09

This has been covered, re-covered and covered again ad nausem with proof, links, data, back up and wasted time for more than 3 years. I'm not about to waste more of my own.

I gave you the measuring body, the NPD Group. You no doubt have access to Google.

Have at it.

Here's a quick list from 2009 (2011 doesn't appear to be released yet, and I can't find 2010). You're welcome to keep searching. Seeing as how you are intent on proving yourself wrong.

Only number 5 and number 10 are not available for the Mac. So that's 80%. Not 70%.

My bad.

2 PC World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King Expansion Pack Blizzard Entertainment

2009...Yea, that's not what you claimed

You might want to leave the condescending attitude and get your posts straight instead

Prove your claims. You still haven't. Link to NDP confirming your ridiculous claims or you're just talking nonsense

Outrageous claims made by you so far

1. OSX have the vast majority of games and software - Yes you actually wrote that

2. 70% of topselling games are on OSX - No link provided

3. OSX has all the best software and games - Wildly subjective opinion and you still didn't provide any links to back it

I get it, you payed twice the money you should have for your computer and now you're trying to justify it but making these outrageous claims doesn't cut it

Edited by lineschmidt

2009...Yea, that's not what you claimed

You might want to leave the condescending attitude and get your posts straight instead

Prove your claims. You still haven't. Link to NDP confirming your ridiculous claims or you're just another apple clone

Ball's in your court. Prove me wrong.

Ball's in your court. Prove me wrong.

Logical fallacy

It's not my job to prove it. I've provided a link to a list of steam games(you know, the largest digital games distributor in the world), you've provided nothing. I've backed my claim that windows has LOTS more games

Edited by lineschmidt

Have at it.

My bad.

/facepalm

So World of Warcraft, The Sims, Spore, and Dragon Age? Yes, have fun with your Sims games with the occasional excellent game like Dragon Age, and World of Warcraft.

Is that really your proof that 70% of the top selling games are on the Mac as well, where in that 70% most of them are the same game? /facepalm

There are far far more excellent games that never made it on the Mac, no they didn't beat Sims or World of Warcraft in sales, but they were still very high selling games with excellent reviews. Tell me, did any of these top quality games end up on the Mac? Asking cause I don't know:

Deus Ex 3

The Elder Scrolls Skyrim

The Witcher 2: Assassin of Kings

Batman Arkum series

Assassin's creed series

Crysis series

Metro 2033

There are many many more, and the Mac doesn't get anywhere near 70% of the high quality games that get released on the PC.

Edited by Wolfeisberg

Logical fallacy

It's not my job to prove it. I've provided a link to a list of steam games(you know, the largest digital games distributor in the world), you've provided nothing. I've backed my claim that windows has LOTS more games

His point is, unless it is World of Warcraft, Dragon Age, Spore, or Sims, which is all that is on that list for Mac that he gets his 80% of the top selling games, and that the PC can keep all the crap games. So anything that isn't World of Warcraft, Sims, Spore or Dragon age, and SWTOR, it must be a crap game. :rolleyes:

And really, you think paying twice the hardware value is justified by being able to compile IOS games?

Why does every PC fanboi always say macs are "twice as expensive"? I've never seen a Mac cost nearly twice as much as any PC with similar specs nor have I ever seen anyone link such a comparison. Maybe a couple hundred more hear or there but not double.

For example:

this dell workstation http://configure.us.dell.com/dellstore/config.aspx?oc=bp2z1520&c=us&l=en&s=bsd&cs=04&model_id=precision-t7500

goes for $2500 without the monitor

and this mac pro: http://store.apple.com/us/configure/MC560LL/A?

for about the same price

granted, Dell gives you a huge instant rebate with that model but it's still not TWICE the amount

Why does every PC fanboi always say macs are "twice as expensive"? I've never seen a Mac cost nearly twice as much as any PC with similar specs nor have I ever seen anyone link such a comparison. Maybe a couple hundred more hear or there but not double.

For example:

this dell workstation http://configure.us.dell.com/dellstore/config.aspx?oc=bp2z1520&c=us&l=en&s=bsd&cs=04&model_id=precision-t7500

goes for $2500 without the monitor

and this mac pro: http://store.apple.com/us/configure/MC560LL/A?

for about the same price

granted, Dell gives you a huge instant rebate with that model but it's still not TWICE the amount

Dell? Really?

You went with one of the most overpriced pc vendors for your comparison?

And loose the petty insults please. I own a macbook pro as i've posted here before, that doesn't mean i don't see the many flaws with Apple

Edited by lineschmidt

Dell? Really?

You went with one of the most overpriced pc vendors for your comparison?

And loose the petty insults please. I own a macbook pro as i've posted here before, that doesn't mean i don't see the many flaws with Apple

If you're going to compare prices, you have to compare like machines from manufacturers, not home-brewed built-box crap, sorry.

The difference even then is that Apple provides value, where Dell provides none. They just slap parts together. Apple engineers things to work flawlessly together.

If you're going to compare prices, you have to compare like machines from manufacturers, not home-brewed built-box crap, sorry.

The difference even then is that Apple provides value, where Dell provides none. They just slap parts together. Apple engineers things to work flawlessly together.

Oh you're back. Why are you ignoring the previous posts proving you wrong?

Also, no. Just no

I should compare hardware and since i'm smart enough to buy cheap i should compare the cheapest options

Oh i get it. You just jump in with your mindless rants and then run once you've been proven wrong?

Edited by lineschmidt

Sorry for not reading this entire thread, but Im going to semi-hijack this thread

So, speaking of Macs and Bootcamp- How is SWTORs game performance while using Bootcamp on a Mac?

Ive been kicking around the idea of buying a Mac for a couple of years but stick to PCs simply because there are more games for the PCs. I'd pay the extra money for Bootcamp if Macs are can perform atleast as good or even better than a PC.

Oh you're back. Why are you ignoring the previous posts proving you wrong?

Also, no. Just no

I should compare hardware and since i'm smart enough to buy cheap i should compare the cheapest options

Oh i get it. You just jump in with your mindless rants and then run once you've been proven wrong?

I've been here 3 years proving those points, it's up to you do so some research. I've given you the information.

As I said, the ball is in your court.

Sorry for not reading this entire thread, but Im going to semi-hijack this thread

So, speaking of Macs and Bootcamp- How is SWTORs game performance while using Bootcamp on a Mac?

Ive been kicking around the idea of buying a Mac for a couple of years but stick to PCs simply because there are more games for the PCs. I'd pay the extra money for Bootcamp if Macs are can perform atleast as good or even better than a PC.

From what i hear the performance is fine though you don't pay for bootcamp (it's a dual boot feature in OSX) you pay for the windows 7 dvd if you don't have one already

I've been here 3 years proving those points, it's up to you do so some research. I've given you the information.

As I said, the ball is in your court.

Guy you were proven wrong on the very page of the post i'm quoting lol

Also, using logical fallacies just makes you look even more desperate. It's not my job to disprove your claims, it's your job to prove them. Negative proof fallacy, google it

In short, you've got nothing but outrageous claims that have been shot down repeatedly

Edited by lineschmidt

Games a terrible reason on which to base your computer purchase decision.

You need to ask yourself, what games do you REALLY play? Chances are, they're available for the Mac too, as we were just covering.

And that answer is changing more and more every day as the Mac market continues to explode in growth... the future is even brighter.

If you really play games and that's it, then stick with a PC... If you want to improve every single aspect of your digital life, there's no question the Mac is the choice.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.