Thanks for making Mercs worthless in 1 v 1

Individual

Mercs should move more. I seriously nail so many who are too busy squatting hoping for easy kills and not watching the field than I do the ones who kite and are aware.

Tracer is great, depending on the situation. But as soon as someone starts coming your way, stop casting, and move.

Otherwise it's an easy kill.

Move more? merc arsenal can't really move, not for main damage attack, if we keep moving and useing like rapid fire etc, we do almost NO dmg on you.

Tracer missile is what's it's about for us, and that have cast time, and can't be used if you move.

Edited by DEuZZ

that's because 98% of attack abilities bypass armor in this game...it don't mean ****! the only reason tank classes (or hybrids) have good survivability is the ALL DAMAGE MITIGATION talents they have available to them. it's why the spammable sorc bubble is so much better than our heavy armor and gives them decent survivability on the battlefield as well.

I hear you.. But to me thats pretty broken system, we might just used cloth gear as we take same damage as them anyways.

Move more? merc arsenal can't really move, not for main damage attack, if we keep moving and useing like rapid fire etc, we do almost NO dmg on you.

Tracer missile is what's it's about for us, and that have cast time, and can't be used if you move.

The amount of Mercs I see that run to the edge of a fight, squat and start casting is amazing. They put the blinkers on and just sit, they don't move, you run at them, they keep sitting, maybe get a second tracer on you, then keep casting even as i reach them.

What do you want? One shot kills?

You can still do decent damage without using one ability exclusively, you can also live a lot longer if you actually move too. I'm not saying every merc is bad, I have met some amazing ones. But there are so many that just expect to sit still and cast all day long without anyone noticing them. I mean, come on!

And what happens when you get some other dumb class that tries to ignore your constant casting? You obliterate them!

And yes I have played merc, commando, and powertech.

Pyro - Ya, it's nice for kiling people at a far. Once glowy stick gets on you, you're dead. You're dots don't kill em fast enough, and most of them get shields that completely absorb all the dmg for a good duration of time? My shield only abosorbs 25% dmg. Pretty cool that these classes get these abilities and can hit like a truck. Our survivability with pyro is crap.

Arsenal - I can hit like a truck if someone leaves me alone. Once glowy sticks get on me, my tracer missle is pretty much worthless. I can expect constant interupts. Muzzle flutting doesn't do crap for me. Murader hits me and always interupts my tracer while doing awesome dmg. Sins, get interupts they use and CCs.

I'm retiring my bh, At least in pvp. It's pretty worthless. Every class has an escape ability except us. Why are we an acception? Every class has awesome shields except for us. Why? Ya, I wear heavy armor, but when these melee are criting for 4k plus, what does it matter? That's with BM gear too. I don't mind someone being able to CC me, but at least let us get our freaking abilities off, or give us different dmg abilities that doesn't require us to rely so heavily on one ability that can be constantly interrupted.

i hate to be a L2 play ******e but dude learn to kite? i have no problem getting one glow bat off of me with my dots, stun, and knock back. its about timing and possibly using the terrain to your advantage.

Pyro - Ya, it's nice for kiling people at a far. Once glowy stick gets on you, you're dead. You're dots don't kill em fast enough, and most of them get shields that completely absorb all the dmg for a good duration of time? My shield only abosorbs 25% dmg. Pretty cool that these classes get these abilities and can hit like a truck. Our survivability with pyro is crap.

Arsenal - I can hit like a truck if someone leaves me alone. Once glowy sticks get on me, my tracer missle is pretty much worthless. I can expect constant interupts. Muzzle flutting doesn't do crap for me. Murader hits me and always interupts my tracer while doing awesome dmg. Sins, get interupts they use and CCs.

I'm retiring my bh, At least in pvp. It's pretty worthless. Every class has an escape ability except us. Why are we an acception? Every class has awesome shields except for us. Why? Ya, I wear heavy armor, but when these melee are criting for 4k plus, what does it matter? That's with BM gear too. I don't mind someone being able to CC me, but at least let us get our freaking abilities off, or give us different dmg abilities that doesn't require us to rely so heavily on one ability that can be constantly interrupted.

I find this comical.

I'm a concealment operative, one of the most feared on my server. And no tracer spam doesn't work on me so stop using it nub.

I can name 10 merc BH's by name who changed their specs because of me. Now they are extremely difficult for me to kill. I imagine since I'm a melee class maybe... just maybe it might work the same for the OP???

Don't tell me you all never told him mercs have 2 knockbacks that can be chained?

Edited by Ahebish

You really only need to cast 2 Tracer Missiles to get off a full DPS rotation. That's 3 seconds of standing still. Heatseeker Missile, Rail Shot, Explosive Dart, and a No Heat-Instant Cast Fusion Missile (every 3 minutes) can be cast on the move. Couple this with popping every cooldown you have (Warzone Expertise Stim, Rakata Surge Stim, and Trinket) and you can put out a massive amount of damage.

However, the 99% of Arsenal mercenaries do none of these things. If you are a Arsenal Spec mercenary and you are standing still you are doing it wrong. Also, they really need to fix the bug that allows multiple Target Lock buffs (from other players) to stack for your Heatseeker Missile - that **** is just stupid.

Edited by Paerin

My arsenal merc constantly wins 1v1. Highly gear dependent and knowing when to use stuns and interrupts against different class types. Try switching out some of that useless accuracy with alacrity/crit/power and watch things go boom very fast. I managed to shave .25 seconds off my tracer cast and holy crap what a difference. Edited by Patrickgf

My first response to your post ... LOL.

"Green pewpew" was definately worth a good chuckle.

My second response to your post is that not enough tanks have yet come to realize this. Only the better players have. Unless I play with a very select group of players I never get the guard bubble. I instead see it placed on some dps player instead.

Why do they do it? Because they think it is better to give some guildy the shield vs the team healer or they give it to the speed run in the hope that the shield will get them past most of the flack if I continue to heal the tank and only the tank while the speed runner hawls *** with the ball.

The problem with that strategy is two fold. One, you assume I can read your mind and know ahead of time that is the game plan. Odds are nobody will say a word and I have to assume. And two, the tank will quickly get out of range of my heals in a vain attempt to keep the bubble on the ball handler.

So either I jump off the scaffold and chase the tank (which turns me into instant target) or I say to hell with it and heal the team.

Yes, the better approach is to team with the tank and let the speed runners get past the intitial line of traps. Short of CC stunlocked, you can keep the tank and yourself alive and odds are half the opposing team will be split between killing the tank and killing you.

Your job with the tank is to survive the intitial wave. Once the tank passes the ball off, the pressure is instantly off. At that point you can full heal up and tap off any damage to your team mates in the immediate area.

Once the ball handler scores, you just rinse and repeat. Get three scores in a row and it is game over. The opposing team will start to leave and put up no offense after the second score.

The main reason I can see starting the shield on a DPS is for medals. Back before you only needed to get 4, it made sense to shield the Marauder who's going to jump into combat and get hit a lot quickly. As soon as you hit your 10K defense in one life medal during the initial scrum, then move the Guard to whoever realistically needs it, like the healer.

Of course, if the other team is worth a damn, they'll FF the healer anyways, and you'll get your medals. So yeah, if I can identify that someone's actually a healer, and not a Tracer missle spammer, then I'll shield them and stay close, running interference with Sonic Missle, Flame Spin, and Carbonize.

Not to mention that usually the 'speed' of the runner isn't what wins. It's the SI running ahead and pulling them to the goal line while the other team vainly tries hurting the runner. ;)

Not to mention that usually the 'speed' of the runner isn't what wins. It's the SI running ahead and pulling them to the goal line while the other team vainly tries hurting the runner. ;)

I don't know I find alot of matches are lost by BH Spammers standing on the lip of the pit by their goaline to shoot at the marauder/jugg/etc that got knocked into the pit only to get leaped to and scored on.

Ok I get once in your WZ life, but please learn after the first time you give an easy score.

I find this comical.

I'm a concealment operative, one of the most feared on my server. And no tracer spam doesn't work on me so stop using it nub.

I can name 10 merc BH's by name who changed their specs because of me. Now they are extremely difficult for me to kill. I imagine since I'm a melee class maybe... just maybe it might work the same for the OP???

Don't tell me you all never told him mercs have 2 knockbacks that can be chained?

"I can name 10 merc BH's by name who changed their specs because of me" Really? Name them. Sounds like complete utter BS epeen to me...

If you're a ranged class, it only makes sense that if a melee gets in your face that you... ya know... die... That's the trade off for the whole you get to attack people safely from 30m away. If a jedi pops up, everyone kills him.

Yeah we know you can be LoSed. But kiting is easier.

"I can name 10 merc BH's by name who changed their specs because of me" Really? Name them. Sounds like complete utter BS epeen to me...

Lol no one knows this fool, epeen took over where real peen obviously falls short.

Now lets hope he logs on some alt accounts to stick up for himself and how good he is.

DERP