DPS Gaurdian advice, "I took these HM's and I threw it on the ground!"

Hey guys, so I'm rolling a DPS Gaurdian and loving it. But just wondering if I could be getting a little bit more outta this guy. Here's my build.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#500crhczZhRrMrhdzMM.1

I do a lot of PvP but lately our guild is trying to do alot of HM's and raids. I wanna be able to help them with DPS a much as possible since we have plenty of tanks. Im not really lacking I just want to make sure I am doing this right. I can almost take on our DPS sentinel in a duel but he always beats me just by a little. Of course he has better gear so I believe if I had same gear we would be more equal.

Any advice on my build, and how to get the most DPS possible? Also any advice on dueling would be nice, I would really like to be able to take him lol!

Edited by paulmillsaps

Hi, this build 90% mimic to my build, except I really think you should drop solidified force and replace it with dust storm. You don't have hilt strike ... and is freezing force that important to you ? i don't think this build is focus starved and is not a DPS build. Try full Vigilance or hybrid Vigilance-focus or hybrid Defense-focus tree.

Just my 2 cents

You need Lunge and Blade Barricade as Riposte is an ability you should be spamming every time it comes up as it's a mitigation and DPS increase for 1 Focus cost (when specced). Without those abilities, the Vig hybrid loses a lot of what makes it outshine Full Defense spec.

Hi Paul. You said you do a lot of PvP and the spec you linked is a hybrid Guardian spec. What that means is, you do very low dmg compared to what you could do in HMs and raids. I will link you a vigilance spec that I suggest you try out for raids and HM. It is even viable in PvP if you have a pocket healer.

Do not start theorycrafting before you try it out. I have used this spec and cleared Nightmare content easy and currently I have maxed my dps in a voidstar at 596k dmg. Here I will assume you have the basic tier 1 or tier 2 gear and around 100% accuracy for PvE.

Here is the build.

http://db.darthhater.com/skill_calc/jedi_knight/guardian/#::f10ef23ef4e8fe4fe5de

Hi Paul. You said you do a lot of PvP and the spec you linked is a hybrid Guardian spec. What that means is, you do very low dmg compared to what you could do in HMs and raids. I will link you a vigilance spec that I suggest you try out for raids and HM. It is even viable in PvP if you have a pocket healer.

Do not start theorycrafting before you try it out. I have used this spec and cleared Nightmare content easy and currently I have maxed my dps in a voidstar at 596k dmg. Here I will assume you have the basic tier 1 or tier 2 gear and around 100% accuracy for PvE.

Here is the build.

http://db.darthhater.com/skill_calc/jedi_knight/guardian/#::f10ef23ef4e8fe4fe5de

Very good dps spec, Effak. How do you think this would fare in terms of numbers if you were to always use only the first two hits of Master strike as it was up in conjunction with Blade storm/plasma brand/force sweep substituting the 3rd and final hit.

One thing I did notice with your build is that rage will never, ever be an issue. I like my Master strike/Ravage but I would give it up if i were able to produce better results.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#500cMZIMMRrhddGRZb.1

If you are a serious PVPer not going focus spec you NEED to have 2 points into solidified force.

If you don't want to get kited by good vangaurds, assassins, and other melees and TO kite those exact same classes you need to have freezing force up on all your targets.

Getting stabbed by your friendly neighborhood operative? free solidified force, jump away, or push him, he won't be seeing you much longer.

Solidified force / freezing force is one of the most underused overpowered abilities in our arsenal.

Use it.

A lot.