Advice for Focus Guardian vs Watchman Sentinel

Andrizzay

So I know that 1v1 obviously isn't balanced, and that the Sentinel should win every time 1v1 due to their strong defensive cooldowns, but my friends and I like to duel each other for fun.

My sentinel friend used to lose to me all the time, but lately he's been strategizing and watching every move I made while casually PvP'd and he finally defeated me in a duel 1v1.

I was wondering if anyone had any tips for me in the duel?

Thanks.

My sentinel friend used to lose to me all the time, but lately he's been strategizing and watching every move I made while casually PvP'd and he finally defeated me in a duel 1v1.

You know... there is nothing preventing you from doing the same to him...

Copy pasting from a sith warrior thread... Tons of info on this and I think I posted in every one of them. Look around more for more info.

I have a war leader watchman sent and focus guard...

First I gotta let you know, if the mara/sent knows how to play rage guardian, and they're a pro they will work around all this. If I had a clone and him and I played watchman sent vs focus guard, sent wud win 60%.

As the jugg, first you don't want to let them get on you - force push, saber toss and leap gives u a few gcds of free dps. I usually let them leap to me, if they do this and pop cloak of pain they will surely loose here's why; they leap and pop cloak of pain, I push, that's 2 secs or so, I wait for a few more secs and cloak of pain is off. Mind you , they have 25% base + cloak of pain (20%) + defensive roll (30%). That's tankier than the tankiest tank. They'll sh*t on u if u don't work around cloak of pain. Ur smashes that hit for 5 k (unbuffed) will hit them for 1.8. And that mara/sent is dumb if they dont have defensive roll.

If he gets on u he'll dot u up and u dont want that. I usually pop saber ward right after the force push combo and do my smash. And this point I am a force push, saber toss ahead, we both did a force leap, I probably only have 1 stack of deadly saber on me due to the initial leap, and he missed his other attacks until my smash.

Here's the trick, most mara/sent don' know how to/when to phantom that smash. But if they do, they are so pro. And they will get you hard. But this is a guide vs not so pro mara and sent which are 99% of them so don't worry. And if they are pro, u know that they will phantom, u can bait them into it.

After smash u need 9 secs of filler, what are u gona do? Well, automatically u have the free blade storm after smash. Then Force stasis should take 2 gcds, and u need 2 fillers somewhere before the next smash which will probably won't work cuz he'll have popped saber ward. Best of luck executing all this. U gotta be fast.

Remember, force push is ur clutch vs mara. They hate knockbacks and being kited. That's their major weakness.

Most ur attacks are force so pacify and saber ward will not effect you much, exploit this too.

Your Aoe mez shud prove useful once they pop undying rage.

Now here's what a smart mara will do:

- Phantom 1 of your smashes.

- Not use cloak of pain until later in the fight or until after force push.

- Not open with force charge or warding call+charge if they mess up (i'd rather do double zen for another 18% heal).

- Use pacify and saber ward effectively so u dont' build rage (u are doing this too per the advice I gave u)

- Saber ward still absorbs some of the smash, use it for the smash they're not phantoming.

- Not fuggin stun break force choke!!! Save it for guarded by the force so the jugg doesn't mez u when u use guarded by the force.

In summary, you have a good chance against most maras/sents. You'll be fine. When you meet that ultimate mara/sent, submiss to their superiority and enjoy S&M. I rolled a sent after making a war hero focus guardian. Solo game I have 5x more fun and I don't looked back. I do not know how he'll do in a group but I contribute as much solo as a marauder vs me on the guardian in a 4 man with 2 healers - about the same amount of dmg taken and deaths in wzs. Honestly the prime advantage of the guardian is dmg reduction for ur healers and guard busting with the aoe, and the fact that he does it better than a same spec sent.

P.s. I don't think u have the slightest chance in immortal or vigilance specs. It's a walk in the park me on sent vs 2 immortal geared juggs with cds. Vs vig is always easy, cuz of pacify and saber ward working so well against physical attacks.

And to all the above nubs, in theory it's possible to work around the aoe bomb, but in practice those pro rage juggs/focus guards have had way more practice at landing it then you nubs avoiding it.

Edited by muradi