Upcoming nerf(s)

Aaoogaa

So 1.2 is going to bring a BH nerf...which means that a trooper nerf is on the way since we are mirrors. I would like to know ahead of time what is being nerfed for the trooper. I would like to know if I will be needing to reroll a different class or just looking at a respec. So BW what are the incoming class nerfs?

Actually I think its a nerf to the vanguards and pyrotech (I think thats what the mirror is called). Not 100% sure but I think it relates to the overall dps of that class being too high or something.

Just what I have been reading on the general forum from someone so it may not be 100% true.

So IGN said there was going to be one.

Eh, call me skeptical. If anything I would guess the powertech/vanguard thing.

Of course they could literally mean just BH ... as in not letting their DFA go off two feet away and giving them a minimum range like us ;)

Edited by Mercykiller

Of course they could literally mean just BH ... as in not letting their DFA go off two feet away and giving them a minimum range like us ;)

DFA minimum rnage is plenty far enough already and works very well.

Been thinking on this - they list both warrior and knight, though only bh and not trooper. Perhaps the nerf for BH means we don't get the .4 mortar volley, and instead, they get the delay on their death from above, among other handicaps that we've been running around with (full auto issues, delayed fire on energy shot, etc etc).

**EDIT** Maybe no more rockets that travel around corners? How's that for a level playing field? If this is the case, then I am a fan.

Edited by Boulen

Having played both, no, theirs goes off quite a bit closer (not under the feet of course, but definitely closer). My guess is that the height they rise to is considered part of the 'minimum range', but that's just a guess.

Not just closer, but it fires far sooner into the animation. They get a long warning and can vacate the premises, avoiding damage from our mortar volley. If their aoe circle is centered on me, I will get hit once before I can get out range...not so if I fire, as the first damage occurs so late when I shoot.

Edited by Boulen

Is guy in this link joking?

They realy got Mythic team from warhammer as a pvp developers?

Pvp is dead then in this game,those FAIL programmers coudnt do a **** right in Warhammer

all they did was adding previous content that they removed from game ,and eaven that didnt worked well(alot of bugs).

R.I.P swtor pvp

Edited by Averran
filter

Pvp is dead then in this game,those FAIL programmers coudnt do a **** right in Warhammer

all they did was adding previous content that they removed from game ,and eaven that didnt worked well(alot of bugs).

R.I.P swtor pvp

Warhammer PvP was the only thing good with Warhammer Age of Reckoning, give it a try before making a decision else it only makes you look stupid.

Edited by Averran
filter in quote

Wasn't it supposed to be a grav round/tracer missile DPS nerf? Because Gunnery Commandos/ Arsenal Mercenary were outdpsing Sages and Sorcs.

This man has nailed it without knowing. This is why and how- armor debuff stacking is "not as intended"-

Something not intended that made certain encounters easier is the fact that armor debuffs from multiple people of the same classes can stack together – this is to be fixed.

That's from the Guild Summit. They're talking about Grav Round/Tracer stacks working together from multiple Commandos or Mercs, which made them more effective when you had two or more DPSing the same target.

BH powertechs, have you guys never fought these? as a vangaurd tank with a mix of bm/rakata gear, an under geared fire powertech will destroy me cause the damage goes through everything. Vanguards have a mirror move but powertechs are much much stronger, similar to how snipers and gunslingers have moves that have different damage yet are fixed through having another move equal that difference between the two. However the fire cuts through everyone, and since they have the stronger end on the fire skill, they need to be reduced. if your a vanguard you know incendiary round is not crazy strong, and if your a fire powertech, you know how strong the equivalent skill is.

just to let you know mirrors doesn't always equal same dmg from the skill, some of the moves are weaker on one side and stronger on the other, usually another skill offsets the difference.

Warhammer PvP was the only thing good with Warhammer Age of Reckoning, give it a try before making a decision else it only makes you look stupid.

I agree, for all the game's problems and horrific class balance I did enjoy the PvP.

BH powertechs, have you guys never fought these? as a vangaurd tank with a mix of bm/rakata gear, an under geared fire powertech will destroy me cause the damage goes through everything. Vanguards have a mirror move but powertechs are much much stronger, similar to how snipers and gunslingers have moves that have different damage yet are fixed through having another move equal that difference between the two. However the fire cuts through everyone, and since they have the stronger end on the fire skill, they need to be reduced. if your a vanguard you know incendiary round is not crazy strong, and if your a fire powertech, you know how strong the equivalent skill is.

just to let you know mirrors doesn't always equal same dmg from the skill, some of the moves are weaker on one side and stronger on the other, usually another skill offsets the difference.

Our equivalent abilities are elemental damage as well. I don't believe there's a difference between the damage of Incendiary Round and Incendiary Missile either. They do the same damage and both go through armor, to my knowledge.

Edited by WinterWraith

Wasn't it supposed to be a grav round/tracer missile DPS nerf? Because Gunnery Commandos/ Arsenal Mercenary were outdpsing Sages and Sorcs.

If they nerf grav round/tracer missile they would HAVE to make our other abilities that it sets up stronger to compensate...That would make us even better due t the fact that,spamming grav round drains ur ammo and is easily interruptable...

All of the nerf cries are gonna make us even better!

R.I.P swtor pvp

The Mythic guys also did Dark Age of Camelot. In it's prime, I'd say DAoC had some of the absolute best done open world PvP of any MMO, though I'll admit some of the stuff Ultima Online did (around 2001-2002) was also pretty cool.

Since it said "Bounty Hunter" and didn't mention Trooper, I'm thinking they are going to adjust the BH resource system down slightly, as theirs (heat) is a little more efficient than ours (ammo), due to their system being able to subtract in amounts smaller than 1/12 of the total resource pool.. The difference isn't huge, but it was mathed out in another thread and they do have things a little better than we do. Edited by Calavero