Humans unlock Presence. Everyone else?

AianaSunholder

Everyone else gets cosmetic unlocks such as being a Sith Jedi? Okay...

But my confusion is why do Human's get an awesome Presence buff?

I do not think it is fair that I would have to purchase the presence buff which is an important buff as opposed to unlocking species which has no benefit in combat.

I am really sad I made my IA a Chiss and my BH a Cyborg because now I feel I am being charged extra credits just to get the Presence buff that Humans get for free.

Why can other species not get powerful and unique unlockables instead of just making the species usable for any class/faction.

Edited by AianaSunholder

Everyone else gets cosmetic unlocks such as being a Sith Jedi? Okay...

But my confusion is why do Human's get an awesome Presence buff?

It just seems whacky that one species gets a significant combat enhancement and all other species just get cosmetics?

I do not want to make cyborgs with more weird looking implants that nobody in-game will ever bother notice. I do not think it is fair that I would have to purchase the presence buff it seems very unfair to non humans.

I am really sad I made my IA a Chiss and my BH a Cyborg because now I feel I am being charged extra credits just to get the Presence buff that Humans get for free. It seems BW keeps wanting to box people in and tell them how to experience the story.

Why can other species not get powerful and unique unlockables instead of just making the species usable for any class/faction.

Because Humans were just the example they used? I am sure a full list will be avaialble before long.

Because Humans were just the example they used? I am sure a full list will be avaialble before long.

Um, no, he was pretty clear that Humans unlock presence and all other species unlock the species skin for any class/faction. Were you watching the same summit as me?

LOL Bioware will always lose with you guys.

Before announcement, assumed nothing for humans "OMG.QQ. I wasted time with my human!"

After announcement "*** HUMAN PRESENCE OP!!!"

THIS! Oh my gosh. If you don't like the fact that a Human gets a presence buff and you will have to purchase it, go make a *********** human before 1.2 comes out. It doesn't take that long to level up (if you know what you're doing).

LOL Bioware will always lose with you guys.

Before announcement, assumed nothing for humans "OMG.QQ. I wasted time with my human!"

After announcement "*** HUMAN PRESENCE OP!!!"

This... Humans basically just get a Companion buff, but it's a tangible buff because Humans are already playable on all classes. What else could Humans possibly get? If anything, this is the best concession they could make: a soloing buff.

Quite simple, Humans can be any class, so there's nothing special to unlock. So players who leveled a human race to 50 had to gain something to avoid rants. Presence improves the companions only, i see absolutely no issues with the choice they made.

Quite simple, Humans can be any class, so there's nothing special to unlock. So players who leveled a human race to 50 had to gain something to avoid rants. Presence improves the companions only, i see absolutely no issues with the choice they made.

I think it is lame that Humans get such a great buff and everyone else just gets a crappy species unlock. It is a slap in the face. Everyone should get species unlocks and everyone should get class buffs. Humans could have gotten a DISCOUNT on species unlocks for the purchaseable legacy unlocks instead of making everyone else having a gold sink.

How the hell is it a great buff? Basically all it does is maybe slightly increase damage... and increase critical chance for Missions. If it was like...

+200 damage per hit on a lvl 10 character and it increased, then sure you'd have room to be angry, but the fact of the matter is, it's a minor buff.

:edit:

If humans would have gotten a discount on species unlocks, you'd probably be on here ************ that it's unfair because you don't have a human to reduce the amount of credits for a species unlock. Just sayin.

Edited by Silthir

How the hell is it a great buff? Basically all it does is maybe slightly increase damage... and increase critical chance for Missions. If it was like...

+200 damage per hit on a lvl 10 character and it increased, then sure you'd have room to be angry, but the fact of the matter is, it's a minor buff.

It is a stackable stat that increases the over-all effectiveness of any companion. Not just damage but also mitigation cooldowns healing. The companions are useable in some open world PVP sitatuions and are usable in Flashpoints and Heroic missions..

Yeah, it is a major buff. That is why you see +presence on some high level purple PvE gear. Because it is a very useful and powerful stat.

:edit:

If humans would have gotten a discount on species unlocks, you'd probably be on here ************ that it's unfair because you don't have a human to reduce the amount of credits for a species unlock. Just sayin.

And humans would still be ************ that they didn't get anything. They'd be asking for, say, A PRESENCE BUFF!

"It makes too much sense, Bioware! Soloing buff only!"

It is a stackable stat that increases the over-all effectiveness of any companion. Not just damage but also mitigation cooldowns healing. The companions are useable in some open world PVP sitatuions and are usable in Flashpoints and Heroic missions..

Yeah, it is a major buff. That is why you see +presence on some high level purple PvE gear. Because it is a very useful and powerful stat.

You say this like people actually use companions for Flashpoints and Heroics beyond level 10.

Humans can be every class already which means we'd just get left out of this legacy perk. So they made a new one just for us. Big deal. It's only useful in solo PvE anyway.

Last I checked companions are useable in flashpoints, heroic missions, and even open world PvP. Nice try though!

Humans can be every class already which means we'd just get left out of this legacy perk. So they made a new one just for us. Big deal. It's only useful in solo PvE anyway.

Which was my point earlier in saying that it's a minor buff. It doesn't affect FlashPoints (save for like the first one), PVP, Raids, ect.

Companions are important for sololing level 50 daily missions and extremely crucial soloing higher level class content. I am sick of people acting like presence is so useless. If it is useless then how does this also validate it as a replacement for species unlocks? Edited by AianaSunholder

Companions are so crucicial for sololing level 50 daily missions. I am sick of people acting like presence is so useless. If it is useless then how does this also validate it as a replacement for species unlocks?

Because species unlocks is just a cosmetic change really and so they had to give a low powered thing to Humans who thought it was unfair. Duh.

I think it is lame that Humans get such a great buff and everyone else just gets a crappy species unlock. It is a slap in the face. Everyone should get species unlocks and everyone should get class buffs. Humans could have gotten a DISCOUNT on species unlocks for the purchaseable legacy unlocks instead of making everyone else having a gold sink.

You know, when everything is a slap in the face, nothing is a slap in the face. Words of wisdom. You heard it here first.

Only an idiot uses a companion in a flashpoint. Again, just saying.

That is not true at all. You haven't done it so therefor nobody else does it? The game is designed around it that is why companions exist. I have done flashpoints using a companion because it can be difficult to find healers or people to fill the 4th spot. You do not speak for everyone and please do not resort to name calling me an idiot thanks.

Companions are important for sololing level 50 daily missions and extremely crucial soloing higher level class content. I am sick of people acting like presence is so useless. If it is useless then how does this also validate it as a replacement for species unlocks?

Holy ****, okay! Presence is useful, I agree! What's stopping my Pureblood Sith 50 from BUYING the presence buff!?

You have no reason to be outraged! It's available to all, but some have to pay for it! Who freaking cares if Humans get it for free!?

Edited by Vid-szhite

Some dummy Agent in HM False Emperor kept breaking CC and dying, so he logged off and left us halfway through.

We /gkicked him, summoned a DPS companion, and finished up no problem. Companion got his duel with Darth Malgus, it was pretty awesome.

Then the Agent chest dropped. Laughter ensued.

My brother and I regularly 2-man HM BT with Quinn and Vette. Including the bonus boss.

l2companionlmao

I'd happily trade you the (pretty useless) Presence buff for a pick of a species unlock for every 50 human I have (two already, and a 40 on the way).

This whole Legacy thing just stinks to high heavens right now. Hopefully it gets redesigned before it comes out, because right now it feels like it was put together at the last minute with very little thought about how it would jive with the most active players. It's a classic case of "cool idea, horrid implementation," and almost a textbook example of an idea that could have been made into something really cool and just fell flat on its face due to a lack of imagination.

Here are some of the main issues I have with the Legacy system as it's been shaping up:

• Forces a Legacy Name on all your characters, which is often nonsensical (and no, hiding it isn't a solution; it's a work-around that involves doing without on some characters due to mediocre design). Legacy names should never have been tied to having a surname (in fact, the surnames could have been a Legacy Perk per character at launch at like, Legacy 5, so that the system didn't come out with a ladder but no rewards).

• Rewards you for playing the same race twice by unlocking a species only after you play it to 50. How does that make sense? Give us a free choice of a species to unlock for every 50 we have; it makes a lot more sense and rewards time played rather than choices (which were made without knowing the reward system by those of us playing since launch).

A more logical system would have given you the more 'common' cross-species combos relatively early on (Legacy 15 or so), and the very rare ones at very high levels (Legacy 30 or above). In other words: reward people who've played more/longer with the more eye-catching species/class combos, not people who played choice lottery and got it right by not picking a Human or a Zabrak. That someone who only has one character will get a rare species/class combo while I (Legacy level 30) will get none because I made the "wrong" choice by rolling Humans is a textbook example of why this system is atrocious.

• Penalizes the very players it's supposed to reward by forcing them to reroll alts (or roll new ones) to claim their rewards. Again, how does it make sense for a system that encourages altitis to penalize people with altitis for making choices that they had no way of knowing were bad? You're punishing players who played while the system was not yet implemented; which is backwards, you should be giving those players reparations so they start on even ground and can claim rewards proportional to the effort they've put in.

If anything, you should be rewarding people with altitis by letting them get additional character slots at very high Legacy levels (30+), because someone that hit 30 recently (or a while ago, as some of us did) likely made many alts already. Instead, they're stuck with a bunch of cosmetic perks they can't even use if they rolled humans or have all 8 character slots on their server filled up. That you went this route without giving people prior warning is pretty poor planning, and no amount of 'we're aware of that, we'll be talking about it more when we have details to share' will change the absurdity of it.

You're not putting this out two days in, guys... you're coming out with it a couple of months late. Those of us with altitis already have a bunch of alts. Instead of building the system to take this into account, you just run right over it as if this was launch. It's not. This is where I feel BioWare royally dropped the ball, and it's a big one. It shows very poor planning and quite a bit of indifference towards how their implementations affect their players (in this case, their most active players and presumably the ones that would be most content to stay when content isn't coming at a fast pace).

Frankly, as much as I love the game, I'm somewhat baffled by the decisions BioWare keeps making. I'm fairly well-prepared professionally, but I don't get paid to design these systems... so how is it that in a few minutes typing up a post I can punch this many holes in a Legacy system that's designed by folks who're supposed to be building a game for the long haul? I just don't understand, and I'm genuinely not trying to troll here. I'd really love some straight talk explaining these decisions and in what light they make sense, because from where I'm standing -- and despite what some in this forum think, the customer's perspective matters a lot in a game that relies on subscriptions -- this makes absolutely no sense.

Put simply: What were you thinking? :confused:

Edited by Whillwynn