Sith Pureblood Jedi Knight...?

Exen_Dar

Don't bother OP. You will be assailed with the ridiculous argument that "there will always be some of a race that crosses sides"(and they will all be on fleet at the same time I presume?:rolleyes:) or "it's just fluff, let people play how they want!".

I am really disappointed that so few in this community give a poop about the integrity of the game, and having faction identity.

When you find yourself so far in the minority AND you find yourself excluding people from things based on race...

Maybe you're in the wrong.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

this makes no sense that they would allow Sith Pureblood as Jedi Knights...?

WARNING!

This is a fairly big spoiler for the Jedi Knight story, so don't complain if you read it and it spoiled for you.

While you play as a Jedi Knight, you learn that your companion Kira, is a "Child of the emperor" When the council finds out about it, they don't condemn her of expel her from the Jedi Order.

So after reading that spoiler, why would they do that to a Trueblood?

Also a minor spoiler for JK again.

On tython you convince the order to accept one of those Flesh Raiders as a Jedi trainer, who they were in the middle of a war with, who had killed several padawans, more then likely this flesh raider killed some personally.

When you find yourself so far in the minority AND you find yourself excluding people from things based on race...

Maybe you're in the wrong.

Lol are you seriously trying to call me a racist because I think having races unique to factions in a video game helps give those factions identity and meaning? :rolleyes:

And if you believe that the truth of something is determined by the number of people that believe it...

Don't bother OP. You will be assailed with the ridiculous argument that "there will always be some of a race that crosses sides"(and they will all be on fleet at the same time I presume?:rolleyes:) or "it's just fluff, let people play how they want!".

I am really disappointed that so few in this community give a poop about the integrity of the game, and having faction identity.

All the more reason to hope it fails. I know I do. I want TOR to be a message to the MMO community at large that you can't dump 150 million into a title, design and manage it like crap, and expect to make a dent it a well-designed, well-managed (mostly) product like WoW.

Frankly, I think most serious gamers left TOR after their 30 days were up. The 'mass support' you're seeing for these changes on this forum is largely coming from the lowest common denominator; the dregs, if you will, which is all that's left.

An when there's 1000s of them running about?

There's a reason they didnt allow orcs in WoW alliance side, or to play an elf in monster play in LotRO.

One off characters are usually consigned to Quest characters, and dont make a population.

That's because WoW is tribal based (Orcs, Trolls, Elves, Humans, Elves etc). SWTOR is organization based (Jedi, Sith, Bounty Hunters, Smugglers, Military)

What that means is race has less to do with faction ties and what organization has more to do with faction ties.

An when there's 1000s of them running about?

There's a reason they didnt allow orcs in WoW alliance side, or to play an elf in monster play in LotRO.

One off characters are usually consigned to Quest characters, and dont make a population.

Comparing an Orc to a Pureblood is like comparing a deep fried chick to a grain of salt.

You will be assailed with the ridiculous argument that "there will always be some of a race that crosses sides"

What exactly is ridiculous about that argument? Other then the fact that you don't like it because it destroys your whole point?

There's plenty of cases in the game right now of Sith becoming Jedi, or Voss, or other races. There's plenty of cases in the EU of various races working for both sides.

How exactly is this argument ridiculous unless you start making illogical assumptions about the numbers of people doing this. That and requiring everyone to accept your flawed premise in the first place.

lolwut? Do you know anything about the background stories and histories of these races? You are talking complete gibberish.

Sith Purebloods are actually a hybrid species between the original Sith and humans who were Dark Jedi, and over the centuries the purity of the blood has faded out. Some Sith Purebloods show none or very little outward signs of their heritage, others are more pronounced. It's quite possible for one who wasn't raised amongst the Sith to be a Jedi as their heritage is filled with Force sensitives. It's also possible that one was captured and redeemed because the Jedi are big on redeeming Force users for some silly reason.

That's because WoW is tribal based (Orcs, Trolls, Elves, Humans, Elves etc). SWTOR is organization based (Jedi, Sith, Bounty Hunters, Smugglers, Military)

What that means is race has less to do with faction ties and what organization has more to do with faction ties.

Beyond the fact that the races in WoW do not have any firmer bonds than the races firmly allied with certain factions in SWTOR, and that races unique to factions are a matter of game organization(one that I think is an important part of faction identity) the fact remains that per Bioware's own descriptions in the character creator, and the accepted lore, this change will result in an unrealistic representation of these cross over races in the game world.

What exactly is ridiculous about that argument? Other then the fact that you don't like it because it destroys your whole point?

There's plenty of cases in the game right now of Sith becoming Jedi, or Voss, or other races. There's plenty of cases in the EU of various races working for both sides.

How exactly is this argument ridiculous unless you start making illogical assumptions about the numbers of people doing this. That and requiring everyone to accept your flawed premise in the first place.

I've posted this maybe 10 times already, but here it is again: the fact that a small percentage of a given race may cross over to the other side cannot explain the number of cross faction races we will see when this change launches. End of story.

Beyond the fact that the races in WoW do not have any firmer bonds than the races firmly allied with certain factions in SWTOR.

This is completely untrue.

The races in WoW have one world, and only a handful of countries in existence. Plus there are likely several million times more Sith then there are Orc's. All that really goes to show that your statement above is pure BS.

Sith and Criss are not inherently loyal to the Sith Empire, anymore then Humans are.

I've posted this maybe 10 times already, but here it is again:

Yes I saw the first time you posted that BS and it's no more true now then it was then.

Your argument has zero merit to it, because it's flawed from the very start. There is nothing in the Lore to back up your argument, and no logic to back it up either.

We have no way at all of saying how many Sith should be members of the Republic because there is no lore that gives any sort of population break down.

Plus even if you do see 30-40 Sith Jedi on the Fleet, that is far, far from being an excessive amount when compared to the total population of the Galaxy.

I've posted this maybe 10 times already, but here it is again: the fact that a small percentage of a given race may cross over to the other side cannot explain the number of cross faction races we will see when this change launches. End of story.

Irrelevant, and here is why. The story is based around a main character of each storyline. Each character created is, in actuality, the main character for the class storyline and there is, for all intents and purposes, only the one for that storyline. Doesn't matter if 1000 other players play a character of the same class and race combination, they are playing through the same storyline the other 1000 are. Think of it as taking the main character from a novel, changing the character's name and race in each instance it comes up or matters. That's what this is.

This means that even if 1000 players decide to make 1000 Sith Pureblood Jedi Knights, that's only 1000 different versions of the same novel involving a single Jedi Knight that happens to be a Sith Pureblood. Sure, because it's a MMO they could be online standing next to each other at the same time, but that's no more of a paradox than if they were both human.

Irrelevant, and here is why. The story is based around a main character of each storyline. Each character created is, in actuality, the main character for the class storyline and there is, for all intents and purposes, only the one for that storyline. Doesn't matter if 1000 other players play a character of the same class and race combination, they are playing through the same storyline the other 1000 are. Think of it as taking the main character from a novel, changing the character's name and race in each instance it comes up or matters. That's what this is.

This means that even if 1000 players decide to make 1000 Sith Pureblood Jedi Knights, that's only 1000 different versions of the same novel involving a single Jedi Knight that happens to be a Sith Pureblood. Sure, because it's a MMO they could be online standing next to each other at the same time, but that's no more of a paradox than if they were both human.

C'mon now. So you are completely throwing out the fact that this is a multiplayer game because Bioware put in a story element and basing your argument off that story element alone?

This is completely untrue.

The races in WoW have one world, and only a handful of countries in existence. Plus there are likely several million times more Sith then there are Orc's. All that really goes to show that your statement above is pure BS.

Sith and Criss are not inherently loyal to the Sith Empire, anymore then Humans are.

And Tauren are only loyal to the Horde because they owe the Orcs for saving them from being wiped out, and the Undead and Blood Elves...ya they are only there as a matter of convenience and are viewed with distrust by many among the Horde. Does that speak to inherent loyalty to you?

Yes I saw the first time you posted that BS and it's no more true now then it was then.

Your argument has zero merit to it, because it's flawed from the very start. There is nothing in the Lore to back up your argument, and no logic to back it up either.

We have no way at all of saying how many Sith should be members of the Republic because there is no lore that gives any sort of population break down.

Plus even if you do see 30-40 Sith Jedi on the Fleet, that is far, far from being an excessive amount when compared to the total population of the Galaxy.

You keep hurling invective at my argument but have nothing at all to actually counter it with. To summarize your reasons my argument is "BS":

a) because we can't explicitly find any statistical data concerning population numbers OF A FANTASY UNIVERSE, we cannot say ANYTHING about the likelihood that enough of a cross over race could POSSIBLY exist to create the large percentage of them that we will see in the game world relative to the actual number that is ALMOST CERTAIN to be likely to change factions in a realistic scenario...despite the fact that lore and Bioware's OWN racial descriptions in the character creator say things along the lines of Chiss being the only known race to ally with the Empire, and the OBVIOUS realities of allegiance concerning Purebloods.

b) You once again repeat the argument that "if you see x number of x cross over race on the Fleet, it is still an incredibly small number..."

Which I have REPEATEDLY pointed out could NEVER be the case in reality as if there is in fact a very small number of them IN THE ENTIRE GALAXY they would be INCREDIBLY UNLIKELY to show such an imbalanced representation of their numbers in a single location like the Fleets. Much more likely, the fact that there are so few of them and so many of the NATURALLY ALIGNED races would result in exactly what common sense would dictate...a relatively small number of them on the Fleets, or in any other given location.

I will check back once in a while to see if someone actually has something logical to say that can meaningfully counter the above statement. Constantly responding to opinions parading around as arguments which claim what I say must be wrong but don't even bother to actually address the argument I am making, or provide some rationale for why it is fallacious, does not interest me.

C'mon now. So you are completely throwing out the fact that this is a multiplayer game because Bioware put in a story element and basing your argument off that story element alone?

I'm guessing you don't have a counter to my argument?