Best way to get 5k hits?

BurnedRemains

yes there is.

assuming your a focus build:

Power. power power.. as much of it as you can..

You will need at least full champ gear.

Use the pvp expertise stem, champ gear "power" cube. and hit the inspire buff.

then force leap > Force Exhaustion (wait for 4 centering) > Force sweep .. BOOM! 5k

helps alot if your target is squishy. I find I hit 5k more often vs Bounty hunters. or assassins.

Edited by Lostpharoah

I see that know. I thought you were just being an ***.

A watchman build can get there too with merciless slash. Target needs to be real squishy or you need an armor debuff on the target though (unless you have a lot more expertise than the target).

A watchman build can get there too with merciless slash. Target needs to be real squishy or you need an armor debuff on the target though (unless you have a lot more expertise than the target).

5 stacks of juyo, expertise powerup, adrenal and relic with power bonus, find a squishy sorc, use merciless slash :D

This^

I just recently pulled a 5K hit on the final hit of master strike with 100% armor pen up, a power relic, expertise adrenal, and a strength/power stim running. The assassin I hit must have had 0 expertise though, and I am in a combination of champ and BM gear.

Full BM gear, Combat build. I've never come close.

I've also pulled a bladestorm crit over 4.5K, but not quite to 5K. Again this is on very undergeared targets with all buffs up.

I'm surprised you've never gotten close. Are the overwhelming number of opponents you are running into champ or better?

I've also pulled a bladestorm crit over 4.5K, but not quite to 5K. Again this is on very undergeared targets with all buffs up.

I'm surprised you've never gotten close. Are the overwhelming number of opponents you are running into champ or better?

Never close, as in even low 4k hits are EXTREMELY rare and require chaining our armor pierce, rush and storm. 3 skills to even get within 1000 of a 5k hit. (obviously in addition to stim/relic boosts too)

As to the gear question, yes. I'm on a server where Imps are typically all Champ or higher. So soft targets aren't in abundance.

Furthermore I tend to seek out targets that are dangerous to my group...and those are typically high ranked and well geared as well.

I'm convinced Combat is really underpowered. Not just in its spike damage, but in its overall damage as well.

I can switch to Watchman and instantly see my average damage/warzone go up 100k and get a TON of healing output as well, as compared to essentially zero healing in Combat.

That's a pretty huge difference.

I'd LOVE to see a Combat Sent that can talk to hitting 300-400-500k, regularly, sometimes, EVER, but I've yet to see one. And they certainly aren't talking about their aproach if they do.

Edited by thanealpha

I just recently pulled a 5K hit on the final hit of master strike with 100% armor pen up, a power relic, expertise adrenal, and a strength/power stim running. The assassin I hit must have had 0 expertise though, and I am in a combination of champ and BM gear.

in PvP ???

Wow you musta hit the squshyest momo around .. was your opponent even wearing armor lol