Guild Summit: Anyone else get reminded of the NGE?

bobothewizard

Anyone remember the NGE, funny question i know. This guild summit kind reminds me of the way the NGE went down. Only a few select people were invited and didnt have the guts to say how the new stuff going in was junk, just agreed to everything because they were in awe of being in the same room with the devs.

Just gives me a weird feeling. They wouldnt be that dumb would they?

Anyone remember the NGE, funny question i know. This guild summit kind reminds me of the way the NGE went down. Only a few select people were invited and didnt have the guts to say how the new stuff going in was junk, just agreed to everything because they were in awe of being in the same room with the devs.

Ever cross your mind that maybe there was no need to question things as it was laid out in a way that people understood?

Stop being a fear monger and invoke the words of the NGE.

I'm interested to know what NGE style changes you're afraid of.

Certainly this close to launch changes of that scale seem fairly unlikely even if they wanted it.

The only NGE scale changes mooted is the secret space project.

This is how NGE went down.

"Hi guys that are left over from our slaughtering of SWG with the CU, we are here now to release the complete butchering of the game in the form of the NGE.

Kthx!"

It was forced on everyone, there was no summit before it.

Anyone that thinks this is anything OTHER than a PR stunt is living in a fairy tale. Makes good sense on Biowares part.

First, you invite guild leaders to actually meet the devs. Kinda an honor and all. Then, you talk up the game to these leaders and show them a good time. Then these leaders go back to their lives while advocating for Bioware and SWTOR.

Human nature. Brilliant. But all PR smoke. They could of answered every question in an on line format. Doing it this way is much more expensive and time consuming.

Edited by LexiCazam
Inappropriate - quote

I'd worry more if it weren't for the fact that guild functions aren't very developed currently and they have stated over and over again that they want to add many. I think it's fairly likely that they will mostly be previewing their plan for guild features before polishing them for release to make sure they are headed in the right direction. I'll bet they will discuss some general features too but, I am not overly concerned about them dramatacially changing the non-guild elements of the game based on what goes on at the summit. Edited by Matte_Black