The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

[Panel Discussion] Operations and Flashpoints (2:00PM CST)

Devs had mentioned in the summit that you can RE raid gear. I'm assuming this is so you could make it again with an augment slot. If this is the case will we have to pickup armormech or synthweaving to have 'best in slot gear' that looks like max level raid gear?

:eek:

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone keeps talking about "fleet populations", you do know there is a lot more places to go than the fleet?

indeed there are.. however, being the only person on each planet from alderaan onward, while leveling two different characters, doesn't seem to be a statistic that makes population look better, but rather further emphasizes the issue. Fleet is typically the most populous location, next to korriban/dromund kas & Tython/coruscant

Single Server LFD... so basically instead of "it sucks standing in fleet spamming general"

we get "it sucks standing in fleet and waiting forever"

MMOs have basically become single player games with multiplayer added in. That's not a complaint, I would never play a game where I needed a group at all times to simply play. The problem is the devs and I guess the more vocal players can't accept that these games are coming to the point where other people are actually a hindrance. I was watching a video that must have been recorded at launch and what floored me was that there were over 100 people in Korriban at the time. I can't imagine getting quests done with that many people crowding you. I intentionally play on mid to low pop server for that reason, so 90% of the game is quite enjoyable. Then "endgame" rears its ugly head and suddenly every form of decent progression suddenly requires me to join a guild and make "internet pals"

I post this because I don't want server merges, I enjoy having planets mostly all to myself. But I would like to enjoy a flashpoint or two, gasp maybe even an operation. Restricting it to same server just punishes small servers. You can already see it with the same server warzones, when people get the Huttball versus the battlemasters everyone drops group. Honestly I'm shocked those guys still play, half their matches must be 120 secs long.

The best detractors can counter with is that cross-server LFD ruins community, well hate to tell you this but it shows you exactly the state of MMO gaming. Community is a lie. If you are in some tight knit guild that's played together for years and half of you married each other more power to you.. but you are increasingly the minority.

Well, you sir, are the minority, and you're welcome to stay on your low population server. I, however, prefer the massively in MMO, and would actually like to experience all of the game's content, including heroic 4s, FPs, and Ops. Rather than a merge, I want a transfer. So I can be where I want to be.

More power to you if you enjoy a SPG, however even when korriban hits 180 on my new, heavily populated server, I don't ever seem to have trouble getting my quest items -- and for the first time, I have actually been able to find groups in a quick and timely manner. Further, Now that I've hit 50 on my re-rolled character, I've found community in the fact that throughout each planet, I've seen the same names leveling with me - and thus, almost built in groups for planet heroics. Do I want to go back to my old server, with my languishing level 50 & 40, with a smattering of 20-30s? no. I was the only person on each planet past alderaan. That's a wealth of content, gear, etc. I've missed out on. Not to mention, with 30 people on fleet during peak hours, I never, ever was able to group for FPs or Ops.

Finally, your argument is questionable, as you could potentially run into the same issue with only one other person in the same zone as you, on the same quest stage.

• 3 weeks later...

My suggestion would be for a 10-15 boss raid (Operation) that would give end gamers something really substancial to sink their teeth into and show the community that this developer means business... A good will raid, if you will...

I've mentioned in other posts, that this game really needs it's "Ulduar" and soon, in order to give players at level cap something of significant challenge for a lengthy period (talking months here...) while those who are still having fun leveling alts take their time to level...

A vast majority it seems right now are not at level cap, and until that is true, there needs to be something meaty for those that are to stick around until the rest of player base catches up and are also predominantly focused on end game and other group activities (and possibly end game questing as well)...