The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

[Panel Discussion] Operations and Flashpoints (2:00PM CST)

Will we see content that requires plenty of time spent on a single boss? For example, Hard modes in World of Warcraft in the current expansion, or regular raids in Burning Crusade. Ops that are over with in about 2 hours (factoring in bugs and organization) are not as epic and fun as raids that would spend more time on less bosses in my opinion.

Exactly my question.

I want operations like TBC in Wow had.

A 9/9 Ops, with bosses you need to practice to down them.

I want the satisfaction of downing a boss again !

Not Epeen usseles NM modes.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Question for the Developers.

Currently the loot Columi & Rakata are not that far apart in specs and improvements. Can we expect gear to get better by just a little each time? Currently Rakata is only about 4-5% better than Columi.

Question: Are you going to introduce extra tactics and fight styles into harder mode content? It is a bit disappointing that both normal and hard flashpoints(and maybe operations, have not done HM)have the exact same fight mechanics and tactics.

Are you satisfied with the overall difficulty of Operations, specifically nightmare mode, or was this designed to be easier for entry level raiding, and will the operations and flashpoints become more difficult in nightmare mode. Also will there be some type of achievement system in place to give praise to those guilds that have gotten server firsts.

Exactly my question.

I want operations like TBC in Wow had.

A 9/9 Ops, with bosses you need to practice to down them.

I want the satisfaction of downing a boss again !

Not Epeen usseles NM modes.

9+ bosses per raid is a bit excessive imo. I dislike having to split a single Raid Instance into multiple nights simply because of the amount of bosses. Having to split due to difficulty in downing bosses is fine though.

Coming from pre-Kunark era EverQuest as a content-discovery raider, what I'm most interested in is the separation of casual raiders from those that put in a significant amount of effort. Here's what I mean:

Take the introduction of Planes of Power. PoP required a grueling, incredibly-involved and very vague quest line to flag players for new zones. Each new zone was required to move forward in the series, and each one rewarded new gear and new challenges. In many ways, this was the apex of MMO raiding.

As this happened, the best-equipped and most competent guilds were through the bottom tier the quickest. They gained access to the next tier while the closest guild behind them was gearing and making attempts. The top guild geared as they moved through tiers, and the separation between them and the next closest guild increased exponentially.

When we were finished with Quarm and all of the expansion content for the first time, the next closest guild was barely breaking into PoFire.

This is what I want to see. I want to see a lot of difficult content that requires concentrated effort and dedication, that separates guilds. I don't want to see every guild in the game wearing the same endgame gear because everyone has equal access to it.

Blizzard destroyed the idea of "earning" your rewards and a very large portion of MMO players expect gear to be obtained easily with very little effort. I'm not saying get rid of that and punish casual players; I'm saying give me a real challenge that requires we put in real effort, and make the rewards leagues beyond anything else.

Endgame gear is too easy to get. Separate the men from the boys.

I can realise why people are all on their laptops (relaying info etc.) but it just appears slightly inhuman. Funny though I see one guy playing the game.

What I'm wondering most is if things like flashpoints and operations will have waiting rooms so to speak for easier grouping, like once 16 people are filled. Of course the issue of the right specced peopel would have to be addressed... hmmmm

9+ bosses per raid is a bit excessive imo. I dislike having to split a single Raid Instance into multiple nights simply because of the amount of bosses. Having to split due to difficulty in downing bosses is fine though.

i agree the whole it take 2-3 days to complete one raid/op would be a downfall...I could say a half a day gone for a single op thats resonable but thats as far as i would take it

i agree the whole it take 2-3 days to complete one raid/op would be a downfall...I could say a half a day gone for a single op thats resonable but thats as far as i would take it

I agree the time frame you can do HM's and NM are right on que.. People have lives and don't need to spend hours upon hours raiding a single raid.

Coming from pre-Kunark era EverQuest as a content-discovery raider, what I'm most interested in is the separation of casual raiders from those that put in a significant amount of effort. Here's what I mean:

Take the introduction of Planes of Power. PoP required a grueling, incredibly-involved and very vague quest line to flag players for new zones. Each new zone was required to move forward in the series, and each one rewarded new gear and new challenges. In many ways, this was the apex of MMO raiding.

As this happened, the best-equipped and most competent guilds were through the bottom tier the quickest. They gained access to the next tier while the closest guild behind them was gearing and making attempts. The top guild geared as they moved through tiers, and the separation between them and the next closest guild increased exponentially.

When we were finished with Quarm and all of the expansion content for the first time, the next closest guild was barely breaking into PoFire.

This is what I want to see. I want to see a lot of difficult content that requires concentrated effort and dedication, that separates guilds. I don't want to see every guild in the game wearing the same endgame gear because everyone has equal access to it.

Blizzard destroyed the idea of "earning" your rewards and a very large portion of MMO players expect gear to be obtained easily with very little effort. I'm not saying get rid of that and punish casual players; I'm saying give me a real challenge that requires we put in real effort, and make the rewards leagues beyond anything else.

Endgame gear is too easy to get. Separate the men from the boys.

It is in the developers and games best interest to not cater to "elitists" that spend 8+ hours a day playing their game, and instead focus on the other 99%.

Coming from a competitive raiding guild in previous MMO's is there absolutely any intentions on either implementing a Combat Log so we can track progression and/or do you have plans on tracking it for guilds so we can properly provide progression information?

Additionally what are your plans on making Nightmare Mode Operations gear drops more convenient? Why the same gearset as hard mode and why not Higher level gear? Additionally are you planning on making Nightmare Mode more difficult so the gear isn't just handed out?

Edited by Aidmaro

It is in the developers and games best interest to not cater to "elitists" that spend 8+ hours a day playing their game, and instead focus on the other 99%.

I'm not asking to be catered to. I'm asking to have the option. "Elitists" pay for their subscriptions too, and stick around a lot longer than "casuals" when appeased.

Plus I hate to tell you, but it's not the casual guild leader that goes far enough to take time out of his life to travel to Austin to participate in the shaping of a game. The casual player is less represented here than the serious raider.

Edited by godlovesninjas