Anyone else feel like they're playing a violin?

Cwicher

I don't mean to imply that every time my finger hits a key I'm hitting a button. There are so many cooldowns to keep track of that I find myself mashing keys (Pvping) like I'm playing an inctricate song on some type of musical instrument.

Word. Totally agree with that. Makes it a tough class to master. But once you massage your brain enough mashing those buttons till it becomes reflex the Mara sure can put out some sweet sweet music of the devil. I have a BM BH and BM Jugg. They are gathering dust because Mara's are a true blast to play. Lots of heartache but when you dig that groove into your frontal lobe...awesome stuff.

hehe compared to playing sorc / merc where all you need is an atari 2600 controller

Sad but true.....TM, TM, TM, TM, TM, TM....damn i got 100% heat hit CD to lower it....TM, TM, TM, i'm dead....run back again TM, TM, TM, TM, TM, WZ ends...

I'm grabing a beer its soo hard to play as merc and i totaly pawn them all.

Personaly, I use a mouse with thumb buttons so I don't have to use the ALT - disaster default. One thumb button I use to auto - run, the other button I use to switch to 2nd ability bar, its total win and saves me a lot of frustration. Edited by Nomaad

To continue from what Nomaad said ....

I stole this from someone else ... wish I could remember who ... but you can map your mouse buttons to both alt and ctrl instead of using the buttons on the keyboard which to me, were very awkward to use indeed.

So what does that get you?

Lets say you can reach number keys 1-5 without problem. If you assign one of your mouse buttons to alt, you can hold down that mouse button and those number keys (1-5) now have different skills attached to them ... just like if you used alt+1 on the keyboard. Same with ctrl. Basically, you extended your 1-5 from 5 keybinds into 15 keybinds with just 2 mouse buttons.

Just a stolen idea .....

Edited by Malkosha

I use my old Shift + # setup that I used in SWG and put all my most frequently used abilities on the left half of my bars with the lesser used or MORE situational ones on the right half.

The difference is, in THIS game, I need more bars than just two. So I have Shift + Scrollwheel bound to swap my upper bar and both my side bars turned off. I end up holding shift a LOT, but it's VERY fluid. And it means I don't have to bind extra keys, I just swap bars. I suppose it does help that I have the locations of every ability on my bars memorized so I can just hit them reflexively.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGhqz7-01k0

I ain't gonna lie. I think that I look like that when fighting 2-3 people in pvp.

Funny thing is that when playing on my merc alt I actually don't know what to do at times since I'm so used to "playing" my keyboard like crazy. I laugh at myself in those kinds of situations since I realize how stupid it looks that I go asian in one moment and then stop at think what to do in the next moment.

Guess 1 button mashing just isn't for me. I have Crash Bandicoot to thank for that now that I think about it.

To continue from what Nomaad said ....

I stole this from someone else ... wish I could remember who ... but you can map your mouse buttons to both alt and ctrl instead of using the buttons on the keyboard which to me, were very awkward to use indeed.

So what does that get you?

Lets say you can reach number keys 1-5 without problem. If you assign one of your mouse buttons to alt, you can hold down that mouse button and those number keys (1-5) now have different skills attached to them ... just like if you used alt+1 on the keyboard. Same with ctrl. Basically, you extended your 1-5 from 5 keybinds into 15 keybinds with just 2 mouse buttons.

Just a stolen idea .....

That sounds like an amazing idea... I might have to relearn my keybinds...=/