Custom built bikes - market research

dedpahom

Hey, everyone!

I was planning on opening a bike shop on Peragus Mining Facility. The main problem is that building a custom bike is quite costly. Judging by the amount of 3rd tier mats needed and the time to get them (8-10 min. missions) one bike should cost around 50k credits in order for the business to thrive. I understand that not many people have that money and are willing to spend it on a bike, but how many of you would be interested in one in the future? Please, tell me what you think!

I think your best bet would be Bikes on demand. Save up materials and build them as people order them. You could also reduce the price by having people provide materials of their own. And if they provide all the materials, just charge a fee for the skill use.

This would prevent you from having a tons of bikes in your inventory and if the shop does flop, you have all those materials to play around with. Other than the credit loss, I'd call that a win-win plan.

Edit: And to answer your question, yes I would be interested in buying a custom bike if I had the cash.

Edited by Andanathis

With what wow used to be like with mounts, especially the rare ones the demand seem to be there. While one of the above posters is right build on demand I would go a step up. Find the rare ones and the one's people want and build one of em. Stick it on the exchange and see what happens. Never have more then 1 in exchange or bags and replace em if it sells.

Edit: And find the right price I personally would think 50k would be to cheap but its only launch atm and no one has that much credits.

Edited by vobra

Before you open up shop, please make sure that your custom bikes aren't Bind-on-Pickup. Checking up the 2 bikes you can make with CyberTech over on TORHead states that they are both BoP.

A shame really. I had hoped this would be the 'Get to da Choppah!' that Engineers could make back in WoW.

how can you sell them? torhead lists them as BoP. I thought you could only sell BoE items.

You are correct. BoP are items that are instantly bound to you when picked up. BoE can be sold/traded and will only become bound once they are equipped.

As TORHead states these bikes to be BoP, I fear we won't be seeing custom OCC bikes for sale on the GTN anytime soon :(

Edited by Danakar

How do you even get the schematics for the speeder bikes? Is it from UT? Slicing? I don't see them at the trainer.

I'm guessing you can get them from the trainer once you get 300 in CyberTech. Can't verify atm though as I'm only at 125 or so yet...

Where do you get the bike schematics? Can they be looted? Reverse engineered from gear mods? Or do you need Slicing to obtain them?

Please help! I'm trying to decide what skills to take, and this has been a difficult question to find an answer to.

You get the bluprints from slicing. Bought mine of GTN for 400c. And yes, the bikes are BoP... ((((