What class next?

Sorian_Jinkuen

Hello all, I have a couple questions for the community and I posted them here because my main question involves story.

So, I'm about to wrap up the Sith Inquisitor storyline as a light side sith. I enjoyed the story and I am now looking for something on the republic side to play. I plan to play something as a dark side so which story would be the best for me to experience under those conditions? Bonus question: will the story be more enjoyable as a male or female.

Next question, as a level 50. What should I be looking into in progressing my character? I know flashpoints, PvP, and ops exist. But how exactly do I go about these and what am I working towards?

Finally, on this new character that I am going to play. I'd like to pick crew skills that will max out the number of credits I make. What skills would you recommend for this class and what is their main money making point.

Thanks for the help all!

Hello all, I have a couple questions for the community and I posted them here because my main question involves story.

So, I'm about to wrap up the Sith Inquisitor storyline as a light side sith. I enjoyed the story and I am now looking for something on the republic side to play. I plan to play something as a dark side so which story would be the best for me to experience under those conditions? Bonus question: will the story be more enjoyable as a male or female.

Next question, as a level 50. What should I be looking into in progressing my character? I know flashpoints, PvP, and ops exist. But how exactly do I go about these and what am I working towards?

Finally, on this new character that I am going to play. I'd like to pick crew skills that will max out the number of credits I make. What skills would you recommend for this class and what is their main money making point.

Thanks for the help all!

Dark side? I wouldn't play Jedi Consular, it seems I felt pushed toward light even if I wasn't. Also, you just played a casting class anyway. Maybe Reckless Bounty Hunter? Male or Female, no idea.

I cannot answer the crew sills question, because that is in the eye of the beholder. Some say Biochem is the only useful thing at endgame. I dunno, I do what I want for my alts. I don't worry about money. If I want money, I just start slicing.

Progressing once you get 50? or the new character? The new one do him or her like the last one and level. As for the old one, that is what people complian about. This game is about the journey not the end. And that is fine by me.

Edited by Dawgtide

Dark side? I wouldn't play Jedi Consular, it seems I felt pushed toward light even if I wasn't. Also, you just played a casting class anyway. Maybe Reckless Bounty Hunter? Male or Female, no idea.

Yeah, I've heard the same about consular so i had planned to steer clear of that one anyway. Any other opinions or is bounty hunter my best choice?

Progressing once you get 50? or the new character? The new one do him or her like the last one and level. As for the old one, that is what people complian about. This game is about the journey not the end. And that is fine by me.

This question was for my old character. I know people complain about this, but I was just trying to make sure I knew everything I needed to. Is it dailies/weeklies on Ilium and Fleet for PvP and daily hard mode flashpoints to start with? Anything else i am missing?

The Trooper or Smuggler are the ones where Dark Side feels like a genuine option, at least to me. It can work as a Knight, but I felt as though the Knight storyline was more of a Light option personally.

If you roleplay Han Solo as a smuggler, you will probably end up borderline Light, and as he is the archetypal Star Wars smuggler, I would suggest either not putting yourself into a particular character or going for another darker smuggler from outside the SW lore.

The Trooper can, from what I have seen, go either way - play like Captain America, you will end up as Light V. But the game will also allow you to be almost a Gestapo/Waffen SS type or worse, and go Dark V. Playing the "small cog in a big machine, just following orders", you probably end up somewhere between Light I and Dark I.

I HIGHLY recommend rolling a Sith Juggernaut

Story Aspect: Highly enjoyable You usually have 3 options as a Sith warrior: Light side Sith, *** hole Sith (with responses like "More blood!" or "Sounds like a good opportunity for Violence"), or what I'm rolling with, Honorable Sith, kind of like a Dark knight if you will. doing dark side choices but not being a complete A - hole about it maybe mixing in a few light side choices once in a while when it suits you.

Gender: meh whatever you want, I'm a guy, sooo, I rolled a guy. Also Vette is adorable and does good in combat and is a romance option, the whole package.

Combat: Feel like a freaking War god. Unstoppable!

Highly Survivable build here: http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#101dMGcubrouRZhGM.1 courtesy of Torhead.com

This Juggernaut guide should tell everything else you need to know about the class: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=2688 :D

Not really a Republic character but if you ever decide to roll another Empire character ROLL AN IMPERIAL AGENT. Their story is gold wrapped in bacon! They also have one of the FEW stories that you make choices that are actual choices. (There are like 6 or so completely different endings depending on the choices you made throughout the story)

It also lets you see a completely different side of the Empire. The only real issue with the class is the cover mechanic is annoying so the gameplay isn't quite as fun as Sith Juggernaut.

Edited by Xenedus