Never tried so hard to like a game...

Reevax

I really want this game to be a huge massive success, I really do.

I guess I should have learned over the years to never touch a MMO in its first year but I was so fed up with fantasy based MMOs I gave SWTOR a try.

I just figured that with all the fails and success out there that any new MMO coming onto the market would have a pretty good idea of what works and what brings in players.

This game feels like an empty shell and I think if 1.2 does not really deliver I am going to be moving along.

I could go on and list all the things this game needs and what would make the game appeal to a wider audience but I am sure everyone here already knows.

If you are having fun and you think this game is fantastic then I am happy for you, I just wish it was like that for me as well.

I will wait until 1.2, see how it goes but I am not hopeful at this point.

I think most people who are claiming TOR is a failure are simply bored of the MMORPG genre and had the incorrect idea in their mind that this game would be a breath of fresh air.

a lot of that is really the players fault though.

people go around talking about new games when they are still in development like they are going to be messiah of gaming thats going to change the world as we know it...

...and the games never live up to the hype... because its impossible to.

then people act disappointed...

and the cycle of stupidity continues with the following title, which at this point is GW2.

when that comes out everyones hopes will move to the next game still in development...

I think most people who are claiming TOR is a failure are simply bored of the MMORPG genre and had the incorrect idea in their mind that this game would be a breath of fresh air.

It didn't need to be a breath of fresh air, it just needed to be a mostly finished MMO. Now it is just an empty shell.

I agree with this really, but I would also say that right now some faith and patience is needed, the game is far from complete, for those expecting a finished game then I can understand why they are disapointed, but personally I've always expected that I would have to wait maybe a year for things to sort themselves out.

Edited by System_TOR

I agree with this really, but I would also say that right now some faith and patience is needed, the game is far from complete, for those expecting a finished game then I can understand why they are disapointed, but personally I've always expected that I would have to wait maybe a year for things to sort themselves out.

Yeah and I agree with you but I was just so sick and tired of elves and gnomes.

No such thing as a mostly finished MMO... Because MMO's are never finished... They're always changing.

Now, with that being said. I do think this game could use some work... Actually alot of work. But it is new. And hopefully BioWare sticks in it for the long haul and keeps updating it. Although some things in the new patch are really questionable.